Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex Redmond-Left Tackle
[Image: mj5pmk-mj5pjyredmond.jpg?w=879]
Reply/Quote
Guess who picked up the Raven's D in fantasy....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 04:25 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Penalty machine!And believe it or not there is a pretty good chance that this just might happen.

No, that's just what they'll be EXPECTING us to do
[Image: 15841734.jpg]

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
JFC. Turner saying the same stupid shit about Redmond to justify keeping him on the team, “He’s tough and physical.” Tough and physical doesn’t mean shit when you can’t hold your water on the snap count or you hold on every other play because you’re slow and can’t move laterally.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 07:57 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: JFC. Turner saying the same stupid shit about Redmond to justify keeping him on the team, “He’s tough and physical.” Tough and physical doesn’t mean shit when you can’t hold your water on the snap count or you hold on every other play because you’re slow and can’t move laterally.

Tough and physical, from all those illegal PEDs...
Reply/Quote
When they said Redmond was trying out for LT they said for all intents and purposes: Yeah...we got nothing.. Nothing I say! Nothing..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 07:57 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: JFC. Turner saying the same stupid shit about Redmond to justify keeping him on the team, “He’s tough and physical.” Tough and physical doesn’t mean shit when you can’t hold your water on the snap count or you hold on every other play because you’re slow and can’t move laterally.

But but but didn't Turner tell us what a great RT Bobby Hart really is?  You don't REALLY think Turner is full of.... Nahhh! Don't say it..
I will instead.. Turner's full of night soil and little else..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I can't wait for this s***show.

Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
This team is so averse to picking up outside players that instead they resort to this. Help
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 02:45 AM)Shady Wrote: I can't wait for this s***show.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Rickity rack, rickety rack..rah rah rah.. 

C'mon...sing along if you know the words..

Reply/Quote

With Turner's background in Miami the fact that he loves a PED violating guy who 'pisses people off' in practice is among the least surprising developments of this disappointing season.

Unfortunately this is the NFL and you need to do more than talk a good game.

We have been here before with Redmond...in his head i think he thinks he's a Quenton Nelson type and maybe if his bite lives up to his bark we'd have a player....but right now his play in space at guard was poor so coming in at LT could be a horror show.

Jeez...has it come to this.   John Jerry .vs. Alex Redmond at LT 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey man, at least we have Billings to watch. Ninja

Falling back incoverage to boot. New dey
Reply/Quote
I am not totally convinced Jim Turner is the correct man to turn Cincinnati’s offensive line around. If it were up to me I would hire somebody like Joe Walter or Max Montoya who understands what leverage means. I remember about eight years ago when Joe was being interviewed on Bengals Line and he said he could spend five minutes with the offensive line and radically fix their technique. He then explained how — and after hearing it I would have hired Joe on the spot.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 12:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I am not totally convinced Jim Turner is the correct man to turn Cincinnati’s offensive line around.  If it were up to me I would hire somebody like Joe Walter or Max Montoya who understands what leverage means. I remember about eight years ago when Joe was being interviewed on Bengals Line and he said he could spend five minutes with the offensive line and radically fix their technique.  He then explained how — and after hearing it I would have hired Joe on the spot.

I remember one of the announcers a game or two ago talking about how they're not using their hands correctly. I'ts like they're back to using the catch blocking technique the piano man taught. They let the defense be the aggressor. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 12:17 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I remember one of the announcers a game or two ago talking about how they're not using their hands correctly. I'ts like they're back to using the catch blocking technique the piano man taught. They let the defense be the aggressor. 

Every great offensive line coach knows the opposite technique works better. Watch the Patriots under Dante Scarnecchia or the Steelers under anyone and you’ll see the big hosses up front move low and forward into the defensive line.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 12:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Every great offensive line coach knows the opposite technique works better.  Watch the Patriots under Dante Scarnecchia or the Steelers under anyone and you’ll see the big hosses up front move low and forward into the defensive line.

Yep, the rule of thumb is that the low-man, quicker man usually wins the battles on the LOS.  (There's likely some scientific evidence out there to back those principles up)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 04:29 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Guess who picked up the Raven's D in fantasy....
That is not fair.  Insider info
Reply/Quote
Can you guys (This term refers to boys and girls) have faith in the coaches. They have gotten us this far. They know what they are doing. I think I saw they were going to try Sample at LT because of his blocking abilities.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2019, 10:21 PM)grampahol Wrote: Yeah...we got nothing.. Nothing I say! Nothing..  

[Image: MV5BMjE4Mzg3OTgxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTM0...00_AL_.jpg]

Reply/Quote