Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex Redmond-Left Tackle
Alex Redmond is practicing at LT which gives us a hint about the status of both Glenn and Smith. Billy Price will be starting at LG on Sunday.

Pray for Andy. He is going to need it.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
...hold on to your butts.
Reply/Quote
Crazy talk I tell yah, crazy talk!
Reply/Quote
I expect an invrease on penalties. Welcome back mr penalty!
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:33 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I expect an invrease on penalties. Welcome back mr penalty!

So many penalties, it won't just be an increase in penalties but an inVrease!  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Andy needs prayed for every week. He had Smith at LT the last few weeks who was so bad that Jerry actually looked like an improvement. I’m no more concerned this week than any of the last few. In fact he we may be better off with one of those two out there
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:39 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Andy needs prayed for every week. He had Smith at LT the last few weeks who was so bad that Jerry actually looked like an improvement. I’m no more concerned this week than any of the last few. In fact he we may be better off with one of those two out there

Hey man, at least we have Billings to watch. Ninja
Reply/Quote
I'm reading this as they're just trying to get him ready for emergency snaps in case Andre and Glenn can't go.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm reading this as they're just trying to get him ready for emergency snaps in case Andre and Glenn can't go.

Hope this is the case, maybe we could run the ball with Redmond out there if he just didn't jump offsides all the time.

More 2 TE sets to help out the OT's would be nice. Jerry played well last week, better than Andre has and that was against 
Chandler Jones. Hope Jerry starts and plays well once again, we are going to need it.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm reading this as they're just trying to get him ready for emergency snaps in case Andre and Glenn can't go.

Nah, that's not doom-and-gloomy enough to be true.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I’ve been doing a lot of statistics at work lately, so I thought I would use my newfound statistical prowess to figure out how many different combinations of offensive linemen Jim Turner has at his disposal. Currently, there are nine active offensive linemen on the Cincinnati roster. There are five positions on the offensive line. Computing, this yields 126 possible combinations.
Reply/Quote
& most of them stink.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton gonna call in sick on Sunday. DAMN!
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:59 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’ve been doing a lot of statistics at work lately, so I thought I would use my newfound statistical prowess to figure out how many different combinations of offensive linemen Jim Turner has at his disposal. Currently, there are nine active offensive linemen on the Cincinnati roster. There are five positions on the offensive line.  Computing, this yields 126 possible combinations.

Someone recently took a college statistics class :]

You have 6 bad OL, 2 decent OL and 1 good OL in a bag. If I draw 2 OL out of the bag, what are the odds that I pick a decent or good o-lineman on my second pick, GO!
Reply/Quote
Well the positive thing about him playing LT is that it will end up being a sheer and utter disaster that will ultimately help the tank ! Stay positive people
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hope this is the case, maybe we could run the ball with Redmond out there if he just didn't jump offsides all the time.

More 2 TE sets to help out the OT's would be nice. Jerry played well last week, better than Andre has and that was against 
Chandler Jones. Hope Jerry starts and plays well once again, we are going to need it.

Jerry should have been starting ever since he played well in the SF game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

My take as well. 
Jerry will be the starting LT if Smith cannot go and Redmond will be the emergency backup.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:51 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Nah, that's not doom-and-gloomy enough to be true.

Redmond will be playing all 5 OL spots himself this sunday….  Its the only way to be sure.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 05:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Someone recently took a college statistics class :]

You have 6 bad OL, 2 decent OL and 1 good OL in a bag. If I draw 2 OL out of the bag, what are the odds that I pick a decent or good o-lineman on my second pick, GO!

I’m good at statistics like regression analysis or using various distributions to put error bounds on my data sets but I’ve never really studied probability before. When I pick the second lineman have I put the first one back in the bag or do I set him aside and pick from eight players? I think replacement would matter.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So many penalties, it won't just be an increase in penalties but an inVrease!  Ninja

At least he's not allowing a sack every play..
Reply/Quote