Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex Redmond's interests are. . .
Paintball and poetry.

Here is how Jim O described him in a story from last December. 

"Alex Redmond is an interesting dude.

He’s big. He’s absurdly strong. He’s funny. He’s a very unique dresser.

“Scary” is an adjective I’ve heard from multiple people since Redmond joined the team last year as an undrafted free agent out of UCLA. He was the youngest draft-eligible player, just 20 years old. Super raw, too. In so many ways"

This same story talked about how Redmond feels he can play any position on the line except LT.  At 6'5" is long like a OT.  Maybe he will be our RT.
Reply/Quote
Paintball? I wonder how that works out for him, as he makes for a rather large target.

Going to be a long 7 weeks, until camp begins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2018, 05:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Paintball and poetry.

“Scary” is an adjective I’ve heard from multiple people since Redmond joined the team last year as an undrafted free agent out of UCLA. He was the youngest draft-eligible player, just 20 years old. Super raw, too. In so many ways"

This same story talked about how Redmond feels he can play any position on the line except LT.  At 6'5" is long like a OT.  Maybe he will be our RT.

That's great and all but does he know where to smack a ketchup bottle

That's the real important stuff.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2018, 06:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: That's great and all but does he know where to smack a ketchup bottle

That's the real important stuff.

Hilarious

Good post Fred.

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2018, 05:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Paintball? I wonder how that works out for him, as he makes for a rather large target.

Going to be a long 7 weeks, until camp begins.

He would lose to Ray Charles..

Reply/Quote

I have been saying that the word out of Bengal Training Facilities is that Redmond is the strongest guy not named Atkins.  (Or I would think, Billings, too) .  I love that the guy will get his shot to compete at any position and at the very least, provides quality depth should an injury occur. 

I think Nate was kicking around the thought that Boling might be our best option at RT and Westerman and Redmond be the starting LG, and RG, respectively.  Either way, I don't think we will see the same ole, same ole, with no other players coming in to compete and be given legitimate shots.  
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 08:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have been saying that the word out of Bengal Training Facilities is that Redmond is the strongest guy not named Atkins.  (Or I would think, Billings, too) .  I love that the guy will get his shot to compete at any position and at the very least, provides quality depth should an injury occur. 

I think Nate was kicking around the thought that Boling might be our best option at RT and Westerman and Redmond be the starting LG, and RG, respectively.  Either way, I don't think we will see the same ole, same ole, with no other players coming in to compete and be given legitimate shots.  

According to latest from Haircut Hobson, Pollack isn't moving Glenn or Boling out of their perspective positions. I get the feeling it is Fisher or Hart at RT. 
Reply/Quote
Would like to see Redmond get more PT
Reply/Quote
I think it's refreshing for a player to know their limits and say they can't play LT, and would be interested to see what he has to offer at RT. I don't disagree that there are plenty of bodies to get the bulk of the reps in preseason there, but it's good to have options. If Westerman can play backup C and Redman can be an emergency RT they may be able to keep 9 OL and still have depth...even if guys like Ced and Hart wash out.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 08:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have been saying that the word out of Bengal Training Facilities is that Redmond is the strongest guy not named Atkins.  (Or I would think, Billings, too) .  

In the same story where I got the Jim O quotes they were talking about how strong Redmond is.  Billings was quoted as saying "He can do things I can't".

I assume that is just in the weight room, and Bodine was one of the strongest when it came to pressing weights on a bench.  But it doesn't hurt to be freakishly strong.

They also talked about how Redmonds work habits were not the best his rookie season, but he has supposedly fixed that also.

I predict he gets a shot at RT.  
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 03:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In the same story where I got the Jim O quotes they were talking about how strong Redmond is.  Billings was quoted as saying "He can do things I can't".

I assume that is just in the weight room, and Bodine was one of the strongest when it came to pressing weights on a bench.  But it doesn't hurt to be freakishly strong.

They also talked about how Redmonds work habits were not the best his rookie season, but he has supposedly fixed that also.

I predict he gets a shot at RT.  

He was what, 20 last season?  I'm sure that a year of being with the pros has helped him mature a bit.  

I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot at RT.  He's got the size/length and physical prowess for it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 11:27 AM)sandwedge Wrote: According to latest from Haircut Hobson, Pollack isn't moving Glenn or Boling out of their perspective positions. I get the feeling it is Fisher or Hart at RT. 

Or Ced, and I agree.  However, should RT fail miserably, there needs to be a better backup plan other than simply pray that Plan A doesn't fail.   
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 06:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He was what, 20 last season?  I'm sure that a year of being with the pros has helped him mature a bit.  

I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot at RT.  He's got the size/length and physical prowess for it.

He's actually 23, and he was originally signed, then released in 2016, but has been with us officially since Jan 2017.  But your point is accurate.  He came out very early and took to the strength training program.  The ultimate buy-low stock.  Hope he pays huge dividends now and in the future.  
Reply/Quote

Forgot how tall Redmond is, definately a possibility at RT if he can pass block, we all know he is a road grader in
the running game. I think between this guy, Fisher and Hart we will get someone serviceable at RT. Honestly had
not thought of Redmond at this position until now. Thought of him purely as a RG.

Was thinking about Boling at RT in case with Westerman at LG and Redmond at RG but this brings in an entire
new thought. Liking this, hearing that Redmond is freakishly strong is nice to hear and with his size and length we
just might have a diamond in the rough.

Heard they didn't have a good weight room at UCLA which is why it took him a bit to get to where he is now.
Reply/Quote