Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Smith worth a 3rd round pick+player
(01-31-2018, 02:50 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Not sure if he is worth $17 million or not either. 

But he absolutely is worth a 3rd round pick all day and a player.   As long as that player is not a a major player.   

Believe Gruden will improve him as well.

Have to disagree with you guys. The QB market has risen dramatically in the last few years and now $17 million is what average starters get paid. And we're talking about a guy who was in the MVP discussion for a bit last year. 

I don't think I'd take him over Cousins, but maybe Cousins wants Rodgers-type money. Word is that he will be getting that on the open market. To replace Cousins with a solid QB at a fraction of the price is a win for the Skins, IMO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 03:07 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Have to disagree with you guys. The QB market has risen dramatically in the last few years and now $17 million is what average starters get paid. And we're talking about a guy who was in the MVP discussion for a bit last year. 

I don't think I'd take him over Cousins, but maybe Cousins wants Rodgers-type money. Word is that he will be getting that on the open market. To replace Cousins with a solid QB at a fraction of the price is a win for the Skins, IMO.

Agree it is a win for Washington especially at that price. 

It was the safest play on the board probably. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 03:00 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't really think this sets a bar for anything. Alex Smith is 34 years old, and that certainly plays a role in the 3rd round price tag. The presence of 1st round pick Pat Mahomes and very public rumors that Smith was to be traded certainly hurt the Chiefs leverage.

Yeah the third Rd price tag is a bit misleading they just gave up a top 10 corner according to PFF who is under 25 in Fuller. That would be like us giving up William Jackson in a deal.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 03:29 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Yeah the third Rd price tag is a bit misleading they just gave up a top 10 corner according to PFF who is under 25 in Fuller. That would be like us giving up William Jackson in a deal.

Ok wow. I heard "player to be named" and thought it'd be some scrub. Obviously that changes things a bit.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Fuller was the number 1 rated slot cb last year. N would have been a 1st rd cb if not for acl tear in college. Both teams did really well in the trade
Reply/Quote
The issue is that they gave Smith $71 Million Guaranteed on the 4 year extension. They are truly locked in as that is the 3rd most guaranteed money ever given in NFL history. The trade is what it is, but the extension is where the Redskins got crazy. As for what it means to the market, I'd say it tells other QBs they are going to get paid pretty well.
Reply/Quote
Dumb move by Redskins. 23.5 million per year for Alex Smith and giving up a great CB. Not to mention a 3rd round pick.
Reply/Quote
Waiting for all the lets sign Kirk Cousin's threads to start popping up now.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Chiefs made out like bandits on this one. Kendall Fuller is an elite CB. That's a first round pick value, bare minimum. Some might consider it more. Throw in a third all for a player where you have a probable upgrade waiting in the wings? Great trade for Chiefs at the moment. If Mahomes stumbles it will be a different conversation, but with Andy Reid he should be fine.
Reply/Quote
We got 2 weeks till the McCarron decision, right?

Here's hoping we even still have our trade chip...
Reply/Quote
I think it was a good trade for both. The redskins finally have some clarity at the position and probably paid less than they would for cousins. I also think kc was doing Smith a solid and not trading him to Cleveland. The stains are going to have to massively overpay a quality fa qb as they all claim to want to go to a winner. Fuller is a slot corner and not necessarily a true, shutdown outside cb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Yeah it was a good trade for both teams. I think Cousins will end up with the Jets, but the Browns have the second most cap space so they may just lure him there. In which case they need to get him some receivers.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 11:32 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We got 2 weeks till the McCarron decision, right?

Here's hoping we even still have our trade chip...

Think our "trade chip" value has declined with all the FA QB's and a nice draft class of them as well. 

Unless maybe if Hue just loves him. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 12:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Think our "trade chip" value has declined with all the FA QB's and a nice draft class of them as well. 

Unless maybe if Hue just loves him. 

Well yea. I mean I already think McCarron showed his ass this season when he was put into the game late in a few games and just...looked like shit. Pair that with an equally unimpressive pre-season, and a play history that involved losing 3 of the 5 games he played in 2015 (with a roster that Andy Dalton won 10 of 12 with), 3 of which he didn't even throw for 201 yards (not to mention a pathetic performance in the playoff game) and you got a guy who you'd think wouldn't even be worth a 5th round pick let alone a 2nd round pick.

But there are some desperate and stupid decision makers out there, so maybe we can snake a 3rd rounder for him? A 2nd if the person we're trading with is just completely inept.

I guess we'll see...
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 03:07 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Have to disagree with you guys. The QB market has risen dramatically in the last few years and now $17 million is what average starters get paid. And we're talking about a guy who was in the MVP discussion for a bit last year. 

Smith is worth more than what they traded him for Id Say... But they already had a QB ready to go and were probly letting smith go reguardless so they got something for someone they are likely cutting anyway...

Fuller was a 1st round CB...

Yeah the skins couldnt pay cousins 34 mil this season... I'm guessing the only reason he doesn't have a long term contract is he wanted more than they would offer.   But cousins will have a chance to go to a winner now...  not sure where that would be

Edit a top 10 CB and a 3rd round pick is a great deal... Both teams got what they want.. I say Cheifs win on this deal over the long run.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 01:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Smith is worth more than what they traded him for Id Say... But they already had a QB ready to go and were probly letting smith go reguardless so they got something for someone they are likely cutting anyway...

Fuller was a 1st round CB...

Yeah the skins couldnt pay cousins 34 mil this season... I'm guessing the only reason he doesn't have a long term contract is he wanted more than they would offer.   But cousins will have a chance to go to a winner now...  not sure where that would be

Fuller was drafted in the 3rd
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 01:09 AM)HuDey Wrote: Kendall Fuller is the player. Apparently he is a pretty good slot corner.

A well timed and informative 1st Post.  Welcome aboard !
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 01:20 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Fuller was drafted in the 3rd

Oh I'm think of the WR Fuller then? my mistake still grading out as a top 10 CB last year... trumps his draft status.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 02:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Oh I'm think of the WR Fuller then? my mistake still grading out as a top 10 CB last year... trumps his draft status.

Are thinking Kyle fuller of the bears?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 11:34 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I think it was a good trade for both.  The redskins finally have some clarity at the position and probably paid less than they would for cousins.  I also think kc was doing Smith a solid and not trading him to Cleveland.  The stains are going to have to massively overpay a quality fa qb as they all claim to want to go to a winner.  Fuller is a slot corner and not necessarily a true, shutdown outside cb

Wow. A post that actually makes sense for once.  Ninja

I almost said this exactly verbatim last night, but decided to shorten my post a bit. It turns out Cleveland did make an offer for Smith. Would be interesting to know what their offer was. 

(01-31-2018, 02:18 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Are thinking Kyle fuller of the bears?

I believe he was talking about WR Will Fuller of the Texans. For some reason I was thinking the Redskins drafted him (probably because they took WR Josh Doctson in the same round of the same draft), so I initially thought the Skins traded Will Fuller, not Kendall Fuller. 

Sheesh. You can tell I don't pay as much attention to the NFL as I used to. 
Reply/Quote