Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Van Pelt
So if we lose Callahan, the train of thought is Pitcher gets the promotion to OC. Cleveland just fired Van Pelt as their OC. Bengals should rehire him as QB coach again.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 03:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So if we lose Callahan, the train of thought is Pitcher gets the promotion to OC. Cleveland just fired Van Pelt as their OC. Bengals should rehire him as QB coach again.

id be fine with it if it plays out the way you listed   

Although i see one of the new Coaching staffs being put together that plan on drafting a QB going after him
Reply/Quote
Would be fine with bringing back Van Pelt.

Too bad they weren't really stupid and went and fired Bill Callahan, that is who I want at OL coach.
Reply/Quote
I actually think there is a good chance of this happening if Callahan goes with an outside shot Callahan brings AVP in on his staff.
Reply/Quote
A little bit of "cart before the horse", but sure, why not?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Just want until the Clowns ask to interview Pitcher as their new OC.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I'll pass on Van Pelt. Trent Edwards, Josh Freeman, Aaron Rodgers, Andy Dalton, Baker Mayfield... all five got a bump in production in AVP's first year as their QB Coach, and then a huge dip in their 2nd year.

At some point you have to ask yourself why a guy has been a QB Coach for 5 different teams in 16 years and those terms have lasted 2, 2, 4, 2, and 4 years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 05:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'll pass on Van Pelt. Trent Edwards, Josh Freeman, Aaron Rodgers, Andy Dalton, Baker Mayfield... all five got a bump in production in AVP's first year as their QB Coach, and then a huge dip in their 2nd year.

At some point you have to ask yourself why a guy has been a QB Coach for 5 different teams in 16 years and those terms have lasted 2, 2, 4, 2, and 4 years.

The turnover for NFL coaches is huge. Now that Carmichael is out in New Orleans Brian Callahan has the longest OC streak with 5 seasons. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Assistant QB coach Brad Kragthorpe will replace Pitcher. Zac is very high on him.

There is nothing in the Browns offense that says to me..."hire Van Pelt"

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
How did they fire their OC? They lost everyone in offense and still managed to make the playoffs.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 10:05 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How did they fire their OC? They lost everyone in offense and still managed to make the playoffs.

Yea I couldn’t believe it seeing this news earlier.

OC has the offense playing so well that Browns fans are chanting Flacco’s name. They fire the OC.
7th year former first round pick TE finally breaks out and has a career year. They fire the TE coach.
Best RB in the league goes down and misses the whole year. Garbage QB play for half the year. And still 12th in the league in rushing. They fire the RB coach.

I wonder if the same guys who got rid of Baker, who just won a playoff game while throwing for over 300 yards, are still making decisions.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 03:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So if we lose Callahan, the train of thought is Pitcher gets the promotion to OC. Cleveland just fired Van Pelt as their OC. Bengals should rehire him as QB coach again.

Zac has got a great Rolodex of younger coaches to draw on as QB coach. I mentioned on another thread that I expected Pitcher to replace Ben Johnson at Detroit who should get a HC job. I don’t expect Brian to get a head coaching job. It’s a gamble for teams to hire an offensive coach with no play calling duties. But there’s a lot of open jobs so who knows.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 11:04 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Zac has got a great Rolodex of younger coaches to draw on as QB coach. I mentioned on another thread that I expected Pitcher to replace Ben Johnson at Detroit who should get a HC job. I don’t expect Brian to get a head coaching job. It’s a gamble for teams to hire an offensive coach with no play calling duties. But there’s a lot of open jobs so who knows.

Kind of like the gamble the Bengals took in hiring Zac. I think Brian will be headed to the Titans because of the culture thing. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 12:47 AM)SouthernFan Wrote: Kind of like the gamble the Bengals took in hiring Zac. I think Brian will be headed to the Titans because of the culture thing. 

The Bengals did take a huge gamble on Zac. But he also had a full itenary of every day of the entire year and detailed plan to hand them on changing the culture and to Arizona and Denver and why he blew them all away.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 10:39 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea I couldn’t believe it seeing this news earlier.

OC has the offense playing so well that Browns fans are chanting Flacco’s name. They fire the OC.
7th year former first round pick TE finally breaks out and has a career year. They fire the TE coach.
Best RB in the league goes down and misses the whole year. Garbage QB play for half the year. And still 12th in the league in rushing. They fire the RB coach.

I wonder if the same guys who got rid of Baker, who just won a playoff game while throwing for over 300 yards, are still making decisions.

Starts at the top with Haslam. His first full season as an owner was 2013. He's hired 5 GMs and 5 HCs since taking over.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 01:44 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Starts at the top with Haslam. His first full season as an owner was 2013. He's hired 5 GMs and 5 HCs since taking over.

Same two for going on 5 years now, though. Just took him awhile to settle in it seems. Dave Tepper clearly isn't there yet. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 05:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'll pass on Van Pelt. Trent Edwards, Josh Freeman, Aaron Rodgers, Andy Dalton, Baker Mayfield... all five got a bump in production in AVP's first year as their QB Coach, and then a huge dip in their 2nd year.

(01-17-2024, 05:48 PM)pally Wrote: Assistant QB coach Brad Kragthorpe will replace Pitcher. Zac is very high on him.

There is nothing in the Browns offense that says to me..."hire Van Pelt"

I agree: Van Pelt did nothing while here and how has the Browns offense, aside from the final 5 weeks of the '23 season, been any good since he went there?

He's just a name that has kicked around for a while.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 10:54 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I agree: Van Pelt did nothing while here and how has the Browns offense, aside from the final 5 weeks of the '23 season, been any good since he went there?

He's just a name that has kicked around for a while.

I was more suggesting him for a QB coach role not OC again
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2024, 11:08 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I was more suggesting him for a QB coach role not OC again

I still think Kragthorpe will be promoted as opposed to bringing someone else in

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2024, 10:39 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea I couldn’t believe it seeing this news earlier.

Those are questionable moves alright. They could of stayed pat and no one would of judged them for it. Highly doubt their fans would be 
wanting so much turnover after so many bad things happening to them and still getting into the Playoffs. Still, that was mostly because of 
the Defense and why they made it. But one game against the Texans and they fire nearly everyone of the coaches on Offense is a bit weird.

Now us on the other hand, we know what is wrong with our Offense and it is the OL not developing and getting as good nearly as fast as 
we want. Vets regressing, young OL not breaking out etc.

This is on the OL coach, we need a change here.
Reply/Quote