Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Van Pelt Factor
(08-03-2018, 02:54 PM)Beaker Wrote: I'll be happy if the only thing Van Pelt does is fix Dalton throwing the ball 5 yds out of bounds on deep routes. But hey, I'm easy to please.

Seeing how he's really only been doing that recently, I think he's been coached to put it where the receiver can get it, or it flies harmlessly out of bounds. Personally, I'd like to see more deep throws down the middle. It's not like we don't have a WR who can beat safeties or win jump balls if need be. 

Seems we're more worried about winning the turnover battle than using all of the field to make big plays. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 07:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Seeing how he's really only been doing that recently, I think he's been coached to put it where the receiver can get it, or it flies harmlessly out of bounds. Personally, I'd like to see more deep throws down the middle. It's not like we don't have a WR who can beat safeties or win jump balls if need be. 

Seems we're more worried about winning the turnover battle than using all of the field to make big plays. 

You win the turnover battle you usually win the game but hopefully this year he gives his guys that are going up
for the ball more chances. Namely, AJ, Auden, Boyd and Ross. I know Ross isn't big but he goes up for the ball
very well.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 07:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You win the turnover battle you usually win the game but hopefully this year he gives his guys that are going up
for the ball more chances. Namely, AJ, Auden, Boyd and Ross. I know Ross isn't big but he goes up for the ball
very well.

Well he was talking about getting back to big plays, so hopefully that's a point of emphasis for the coaches. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 08:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well he was talking about getting back to big plays, so hopefully that's a point of emphasis for the coaches. 

Sure seems like it is working, been a lot of big plays in TC so far, much more than last year already.

That is the thing, have to have a decent O-line to make those big plays.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 08:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure seems like it is working, been a lot of big plays in TC so far, much more than last year already.

I am all about what's happening right now. So frigging stoked it aint funny. Seriously, Not funny at all. Been glancing at work and shit. Dreaming about how good we are going to be and then an injury wakes me up. I so badly want to watch replays of past awesome wins it aint funny. I got my mancave polished up tonight and ready for the season to begin. These guys are going to rape the division, and the NFL so badly this year, I almost feel like I need to pray for our enemies. God rest their souls!

If they were smart, they wouldn't even suit up. Poor bastids!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 09:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I am all about what's happening right now. So frigging stoked it aint funny. Seriously, Not funny at all. Been glancing at work and shit. Dreaming about how good we are going to be and then an injury wakes me up. I so badly want to watch replays of past awesome wins it aint funny. I got my mancave polished up tonight and ready for the season to begin. These guys are going to rape the division, and the NFL so badly this year, I almost feel like I need to pray for our enemies. God rest their souls!

I love it Harley, i truly think it is going to be a great year barring injuries and Price sucking it up.

Highly doubt Price sucks it up, he will be better than Bodine immediately guaranfrickintee it.

This won't be the same team our Division played last year that is for sure. Our Defense is seeing it, different mentality.

I am seeing Glenn peeling out and demolishing Steelers on the outside as we speak. They will be scurred of this guy.

Cool
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 07:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Seeing how he's really only been doing that recently, I think he's been coached to put it where the receiver can get it, or it flies harmlessly out of bounds. Personally, I'd like to see more deep throws down the middle. It's not like we don't have a WR who can beat safeties or win jump balls if need be. 

Well, a lot of it has to do with no respect for the run game, 7 in coverage and pressure from four rushers.  He's damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't.  He throws into double or triple coverage for an INT or worse.....pick 6.....and everyone's head explodes.  He throws it out of bounds, everyone's head explodes.  He literally can't win.  Myself, I'd rather see him "damn the torpedoes" and let it fly, and hope for the best.  If it's a pick, it's a pick.  That's not how most would see it though, and you and I both know it.  It would just be another reason to bash.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 09:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I am all about what's happening right now. So frigging stoked it aint funny. Seriously, Not funny at all. Been glancing at work and shit. Dreaming about how good we are going to be and then an injury wakes me up. I so badly want to watch replays of past awesome wins it aint funny. I got my mancave polished up tonight and ready for the season to begin. These guys are going to rape the division, and the NFL so badly this year, I almost feel like I need to pray for our enemies. God rest their souls!

Puff, puff give!  Puff, puff give!  I'll take some of that shit you're tokin' Harley! LMAO

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 09:22 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Puff, puff give!  Puff, puff give!  I'll take some of that shit you're tokin' Harley! LMAO

I know right? Best high I’ve been on in years.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 09:27 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I know right? Best high I’ve been on in years.

You were on a roll brother.....just bustin' chops my man.  One thing's for sure, this is the most impressed I've been with an offseason in a long time. :andy:

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2018, 08:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure seems like it is working, been a lot of big plays in TC so far, much more than last year already.

No freaking doubt. Hard to step into that deep throw with Bovine in your lap.

(08-04-2018, 09:20 AM)Wyche Wrote: Well, a lot of it has to do with no respect for the run game, 7 in coverage and pressure from four rushers.  He's damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't.  He throws into double or triple coverage for an INT or worse.....pick 6.....and everyone's head explodes.  He throws it out of bounds, everyone's head explodes.  He literally can't win.  Myself, I'd rather see him "damn the torpedoes" and let it fly, and hope for the best.  If it's a pick, it's a pick.  That's not how most would see it though, and you and I both know it.  It would just be another reason to bash.

You're right on all counts. A bad run game hinders the deep passing game. Also agree on trusting our guys and just letting it rip. But yeah, if that pass isn't 100% dead nuts in stride, it'll be more chants of "Dalton sucks". I've never seen a QB's completions get scrutinized as much as Dalton's.

(08-04-2018, 09:22 AM)Wyche Wrote: Puff, puff give!  Puff, puff give!  I'll take some of that shit you're tokin' Harley! LMAO

Harley has been so optimistic that I mistook it for sarcasm earlier.  Smirk
Reply/Quote