What about Bad Kitty?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The guy from ESPN? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Nice get.
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis must have been given total power over hiring his staff. Alex Van Pelt is a terrific hire! You can’t argue his success with Aaron Rodgers.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 07:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Marvin Lewis must have been given total power over hiring his staff.  Alex Van Pelt is a terrific hire!  You can’t argue his success with Aaron Rodgers.

AR is a once in a decade or two talent..His understudy didn't exactly light the world on fire though.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Marv sure loves his Pittsburgh guys. Van Pelt was born there, played at Pitt and was drafted by the Steelers. Solid hire though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 08:10 PM)grampahol Wrote: AR is a once in a decade or two talent..His understudy didn't exactly light the world on fire though.. 

Hundley got off to a rough start but played well after that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Trent Edwards with Van Pelt as QB coach....85.4 passer rating
Trent Edwards over the rest of his career.....68.8

Josh Freeman under Van Pelt......84.5
Rest of his career.........................70.8

Shocked
Reply/Quote
Im on board.

Shiny new coaching staff sure would look a lot prettier if Marv wasnt still running the show
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 08:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Marv sure loves his Pittsburgh guys. Van Pelt was born there, played at Pitt and was drafted by the Steelers. Solid hire though.

Damnit! I swear, there is something there. This is the greatest Pittsburgh takeover of the Bengals ever. And, with Mike Brown as owner, he will not let any of these people go. All they have to do is go 8-8 and lose to Pitt twice a year. We just became identical twins to the Washington Generals.  Mellow

Reply/Quote
I like the hire. Having worked for McCarthy and with Rodgers should have give him some great insight to the position.
Reply/Quote
Nice job, Bengals!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Also insurance in case Lazor doesn’t fix the second half scoring problem?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 08:10 PM)grampahol Wrote: AR is a once in a decade or two talent..His understudy didn't exactly light the world on fire though.. 

Yes, but as you yourself once pointed out, Andy doesn't need to be a global arsonist to beat the Browns Smirk

Seems like a good hire, though I know everyone seemed to want Kitna to be hired for the job.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The QB from Colorado St with the rad hair? Sweet.

Nope that was Bradlee Van Pelt
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 09:01 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Im on board.

Shiny new coaching staff sure would look a lot prettier if Marv wasnt still running the show

If ML wasn't still running the show, we wouldn't be getting these coaches....it would be some other combination of assistants.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 11:44 PM)Beaker Wrote: If ML wasn't still running the show, we wouldn't be getting these coaches....it would be some other combination of assistants.

Rep. This all but proves Marv is respected around the league. Say what we will about him, the coaches want to work with him. I guess will eat some crow...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 08:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Marv sure loves his Pittsburgh guys. Van Pelt was born there, played at Pitt and was drafted by the Steelers. Solid hire though.

Austin was on the other side of town, think 40 min away. So yeah, you're onto something here, Shake.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote