Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alexander Mattison RB released
He's just 25 and ran for 700 yards last year for Minnesota. He'd be a good one to replace Williams.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 10:35 PM)pulses Wrote: He's just 25 and ran for 700 yards last year for Minnesota. He'd be a good one to replace Williams.

Maybe not.  The Vikings were willing to eat $4M in dead cap to net $600K in savings?  Tells me that they were beyond unsatisfied with his abilities.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 10:43 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe not.  The Vikings were willing to eat $4M in dead cap to net $600K in savings?  Tells me that they were beyond unsatisfied with his abilities.

No they found a cheaper replacement in Ty Chandler who they were impressed with. A guy who ran for 700 yards and caught another 200 yards is way better than WIlliams EVER has been in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 03:31 PM)pulses Wrote: No they found a cheaper replacement in Ty Chandler who they were impressed with. A guy who ran for 700 yards and caught another 200 yards is way better than WIlliams EVER has been in the NFL.

True but has williams had the touches mattison had?
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 04:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: True but has williams had the touches mattison had?

NO but he's had years of opportunity and didn't take advantage of it....Mattison did.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 03:31 PM)pulses Wrote: No they found a cheaper replacement in Ty Chandler who they were impressed with. A guy who ran for 700 yards and caught another 200 yards is way better than WIlliams EVER has been in the NFL.

Are you sure?  From what I was reading almost all of Mattison's contract was guaranteed, meaning they essentially paid him $4M to go away.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 04:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure?  From what I was reading almost all of Mattison's contract was guaranteed, meaning they essentially paid him $4M to go away.

I just read where they said CHandler was gonna be the starter next year unless they draft someone. Maybe their is something else that hasnt came out yet??
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2024, 10:43 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe not.  The Vikings were willing to eat $4M in dead cap to net $600K in savings?  Tells me that they were beyond unsatisfied with his abilities.

3 straight years of <4.0ypc, bad yards after contact, 15.9% drop rate this year, 11.1% last year while averaging under 6.5 yards per catch (terrible even for a RB). 21 yards is his longest rush over the last two seasons combined.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote