Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alexander fine for taunting
https://247sports.com/Article/Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL-fines-Mackensie-Alexander-for-taunting-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Clemson-football-157854081/?fbclid=IwAR1ur6Qi0dJSk-qxTJUcFFzNiKvN4HCZL6uo5FWspSgOiTJKotI271zVSWM

The poor Steelers got their feewings hurt lol
Reply/Quote
I've said all year that the kid plays with passion.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 12:44 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: https://247sports.com/Article/Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL-fines-Mackensie-Alexander-for-taunting-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Clemson-football-157854081/?fbclid=IwAR1ur6Qi0dJSk-qxTJUcFFzNiKvN4HCZL6uo5FWspSgOiTJKotI271zVSWM

The poor Steelers got their feewings hurt lol

It's a legit fine.  The article also failed to mention that he was also flagged 15 yards for it.  He made some great plays in that game, but he also made it incredibly clear that he is an idiot who will do things that hurt his team and can fire up the opponent.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 12:54 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It's a legit fine.  The article also failed to mention that he was also flagged 15 yards for it.  He made some great plays in that game, but he also made it incredibly clear that he is an idiot who will do things that hurt his team and can fire up the opponent.

I’ve seen a lot worse go without a fine. To each their own I suppose...
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 12:54 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: It's a legit fine.  The article also failed to mention that he was also flagged 15 yards for it.  He made some great plays in that game, but he also made it incredibly clear that he is an idiot who will do things that hurt his team and can fire up the opponent.

Seems you cant have both, brawn with tenacity and brains...  reminds me Burfinct. 
Reply/Quote

Didn't he break up a pass on the following play? I agree... That taunting penalty could've been a killer. It was on 3rd down, and could've kept the drive alive, but at least he immediately redeemed himself.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 01:05 PM)jason Wrote: Didn't he break up a pass on the following play? I agree... That taunting penalty could've been a killer. It was on 3rd down, and could've kept the drive alive, but at least he immediately redeemed himself.

My gut says no because wouldn’t the taunting penalty be an automatic first down?

I remember the pass breakup, maybe it was 3rd down after the next 2 plays.
Reply/Quote
I think there was holding call on the offense too, so the penalties cancelled out. Replay downs, then Alexander again broke up the 3rd down pass.

I would love to see him back. He’s a solid corner. A fine seems excessive. Steelers are butt hurt. Doubt it’s a fine if it were a Steeler. Oh well. Only makes sense to focus on what you can control.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 01:58 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I think there was holding call on the offense too, so the penalties cancelled out. Replay downs, then Alexander again broke up the 3rd down pass.

I would love to see him back. He’s a solid corner. A fine seems excessive. Steelers are butt hurt. Doubt it’s a fine if it were a Steeler. Oh well. Only makes sense to focus on what you can control.

Ah you’re correct, thanks for remembering better than I could lol. I remember thinking that a personal foul would override the offsetting rule but thankfully it didn’t!
Reply/Quote

Getting a fine for crossing your arms is legit?  It shouldnt have even been a penalty.  Taunting in the NFL is a joke anyway!  these are grown men getting paid millions and if their feelings are hurt over taunting, then maybe they should stick to selling insurance.  Keep the taunting penalties in high school 
Reply/Quote
Just like many other penalties in the NFL.

Legit? Perhaps.

Selective? Absolutely.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 02:29 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Getting a fine for crossing your arms is legit?  It shouldnt have even been a penalty.  Taunting in the NFL is a joke anyway!  these are grown men getting paid millions and if their feelings are hurt over taunting, then maybe they should stick to selling insurance.  Keep the taunting penalties in high school 

Not for crossing your arms, for taunting.  After the play; directly in the opponent's face; out of bounds; and on the opposing sideline.  It was a legit penalty, and will be penalized every time an official sees it.  He COULD have been penalized for the high step going out of bounds as well, although it is rarely called in that instance.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 02:54 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not for crossing your arms, for taunting.  After the play; directly in the opponent's face; out of bounds; and on the opposing sideline.  It was a legit penalty, and will be penalized every time an official sees it.  He COULD have been penalized for the high step going out of bounds as well, although it is rarely called in that instance.

High stepping is illegal now?
Reply/Quote
Goodell is just pissed that we beat his Steelers with a 3rd string QB in primetime with the Muppets in attendance. Alexander's fine was worth every penny.
Reply/Quote
How is that fined but every guy who walks into the end zone taunting the defense is okay? Seriously, it was a penalty and it was dumb but a fine!?!? I've seen far was taunting that wasn't even flagged.

How about you fine the clown juju for taunting every opponent by dancing on their logo. That is worse then the what Alexander did.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 02:54 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not for crossing your arms, for taunting.  After the play; directly in the opponent's face; out of bounds; and on the opposing sideline.  It was a legit penalty, and will be penalized every time an official sees it.  He COULD have been penalized for the high step going out of bounds as well, although it is rarely called in that instance.

The crossing of the arms was the taunt.  Was it dumb, yes?  Was it worth a flag, maybe under thew new pansy NFL rules. But Im still gonna say no.   Was it worth a fine, oh hell no!  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: High stepping is illegal now?

It can be called, although very rare.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:06 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: The crossing of the arms was the taunt.  Was it dumb, yes?  Was it worth a flag, maybe under thew new pansy NFL rules. But Im still gonna say no.   Was it worth a fine, oh hell no!  

That was part of it.  But he did it to the guys face well out of bounds.  THAT was the taunt.  Had he run back onto our side of the field and made the same gesture to the cameras, crowd, or our sideline, there would have been no penalty or problem.  The issue was he got in the dudes face.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:04 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: How is that fined but every guy who walks into the end zone taunting the defense is okay? Seriously, it was a penalty and it was dumb but a fine!?!? I've seen far was taunting that wasn't even flagged.

How about you fine the clown juju for taunting every opponent by dancing on their logo. That is worse then the what Alexander did.

They actually do flag and fine guys for that.

The league has even considered adopting the NCAA rule in the past that would take the score off of the board as a result, but obviously they have never passed that.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 08:34 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That was part of it.  But he did it to the guys face well out of bounds.  THAT was the taunt.  Had he run back onto our side of the field and made the same gesture to the cameras, crowd, or our sideline, there would have been no penalty or problem.  The issue was he got in the dudes face.

If he had simply walked backwards while doing it, no penalty. Walked towards him, penalty every time. 

It's the steelers though so i'm good with it either way.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote