Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attack ad against Kaine
Not sure if anyone has seen this yet, or not: http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/03/politics/tim-kaine-rnc-death-penalty-ad/index.html?sr=twnewday100416tim-kaine-rnc-death-penalty-ad1115AMVODtopVideo&linkId=29509148

Now, I don't agree really with the comparisons to the Willie Horton ad, but I find it a bit ludicrous to attack a man for protecting the civil liberties of citizens in this country. The first two mentioned that he defended, everyone deserves a defense, and is in fact guaranteed one. It's due process. Attacking him for that seems to be in very poor taste. For the last two cases, I can understand using that. He commuted a sentence and it was controversial (though it was the only one he commuted while in office even with his opposition to capital punishment). They are fudging a bit on the details but I won't get into all of that, and the last one is a situation that has caused all sorts of controversy here.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR