Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alien Covenant....
(05-22-2017, 11:48 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I'm looking for to an extended cut that includes the prologues and whatever scenes were edited or cut during post production. I don't recall them ever showing why the ship that David and Shaw were on crashed after he released the black goo on the planet natives.

Right they show'd Shaw on the navigation controls too I wonder if she was bored in space flight just playing a song or if it that was after the crash etc.     An extended cut with the last supper Prologue and David and Shaws prologue would be good.  Although he covered the end of one with his flash back of arriving at the planet.
Reply/Quote
I liked it. I wish that there were more scenes with the actual aliens, though. And I wish that the final scene wasn't so easy. I think Ridley is planning on making 3 more, which kinda sucks because I hate the waiting game with movies.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2017, 01:37 PM)rezolve11 Wrote: I liked it. I wish that there were more scenes with the actual aliens, though. And I wish that the final scene wasn't so easy. I think Ridley is planning on making 3 more, which kinda sucks because I hate the waiting game with movies.

Yeah I know at least 1 more.... starts filming next year...

But I could easily see needing 2 to reconnect anything...

Maybe   it will set up like

Prometheus
Alien Cov
Alien ???
Alien ???
^^^^ Origin story Triology
Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
^^^ Ripley Triology
Resurrection
****** There was suppose to be 2 that followed Resurrection  I doubt they get made but if the franchise starts to flourish under ridley scotts thumb  I think they definitely keep making more.   Lots of room after alien 3  and room between 1 and 2 and even some room after 2 for another film (different characters though)
Reply/Quote
Saw a cool theory yesterday on how David was able to replace Walter so quickly. David didn't steal his clothes and cut off his own hand. He just downloaded his programming into Walter's body. Thats why Mother saw him as Walter and not David and he had all the security codes to to the Covenant.

Also, there was a deleted scene where the Protomorph and Xenomorph fight each other near the end of the movie. That would have been a cool fight.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 10:22 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Saw a cool theory yesterday on how David was able to replace Walter so quickly. David didn't steal his clothes and cut off his own hand. He just downloaded his programming into Walter's body. Thats why Mother saw him as Walter and not David and he had all the security codes to to the Covenant.

Also, there was a deleted scene where the Protomorph and Xenomorph fight each other near the end of the movie. That would have been a cool fight.

need a directors cut asap.
Reply/Quote
Watched Prometheus again last night for a refresher....be in to see Covenant as soon as we get a sitter, lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My theory on why David is doing what he's doing:

This is based on my theory that those weren't the true Engineers that he wiped out in Covenant. That was just a distantly related, in the past, colony or experiment.
I think David is trying to prove who the best "creator" is. He figures humans (and possibly the species we saw in Covenant) were created by the Engineers, so if he can make the "perfect organism" from one of the Engineers previous creations, he is superior to all? So, future movie plots, we finally see the true Engineer home world and they have go toe to toe with ~2000 Xenomorphs.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2017, 10:19 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: My theory on why David is doing what he's doing:

This is based on my theory that those weren't the true Engineers that he wiped out in Covenant. That was just a distantly related, in the past, colony or experiment.
I think David is trying to prove who the best "creator" is. He figures humans (and possibly the species we saw in Covenant) were created by the Engineers, so if he can make the "perfect organism" from one of the Engineers previous creations, he is superior to all? So, future movie plots, we finally see the true Engineer home world and they have go toe to toe with ~2000 Xenomorphs.

Very Possible....         Engineers create Humans  (and other Life)   Humans Create David...   David Creates Xenomorph   Xenomorphs Destroy Engineers...   

"Doesn't everyone want to see their parents dead?"

Not sure whats next for David but your theory could work and eventually lead to the engineers hunting him down which pulls in the story from Colonial Marines where we see the U shape ship battling the Big Circle shape ship from the beginning of the movie.(Prometheus)
Reply/Quote
So I was really let down by Prometheus, but I actually really enjoyed Covenant, though I don't know how I feel about David creating the Xenomorphs.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2017, 01:01 AM)Bryan Wrote: So I was really let down by Prometheus, but I actually really enjoyed Covenant, though I don't know how I feel about David creating the Xenomorphs.

Makes more sense as to why the government wanted them so bad....     or how Ripley for all intents and purposes wiped them out...   

Ive always wondered about a xenomorph homeworld.  

Biggest ?  left is how to get that ship for Ripley and crew to find as david needs to be making a lot more eggs.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2017, 11:43 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Makes more sense as to why the government wanted them so bad....     or how Ripley for all intents and purposes wiped them out...   

Ive always wondered about a xenomorph homeworld.  

Biggest ?  left is how to get that ship for Ripley and crew to find as david needs to be making a lot more eggs.

Xenomorphs homeworld = upcoming engineer homeworld?
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2017, 10:53 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Xenomorphs homeworld = upcoming engineer homeworld?

Maybe depends on how evil david is hahahaha
Reply/Quote
I enjoyed it.... admittedly I was hoping to learn more about the engineers. So that was disappointing..... but it's also interesting to see they didn't develop the alien, being an android who is evil and helping the alien is pretty much par for the course for the series.
Reply/Quote
I've read this move sucks.

But I think we need to qualify whether or not you are a big Alien/Predator fan. I am - so???!
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(07-02-2017, 03:13 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I've read this move sucks.

But I think we need to qualify whether or not you are a big Alien/Predator fan. I am - so???!

If you're a fan you'll enjoy it. Doesn't really answer all the questions from Prometheus and introduces some new ones, but that's all in the name of creating triologies. Much closer to the original Alien movies than Prometheus was.
Reply/Quote
No word on a director's cut yet, but the blu-ray will have 20 minutes of deleted scenes!
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2017, 03:13 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I've read this move sucks.

But I think we need to qualify whether or not you are a big Alien/Predator fan.  I am - so???!

Huge fan. This movie craps all over the Alien mythology. Hopefully the third will wrap things up nicely, but after seeing covenant I'm not too excited. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 10:50 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Huge fan. This movie craps all over the Alien mythology. Hopefully the third will wrap things up nicely, but after seeing covenant I'm not too excited. 

Craps over the alien mythology?   Its explaining the Alien Origins but the same guy that created the alien mythology.

I am a huge fan of the franchise and I like where its going...  It feels incomplete so far but that's because they have at least 1-2 more movies planned before tieing it back into ALIEN.

It has done nothing to change the original Alien timeline.   It does explain how ripley almost wiped them out and why the aliens aren't really as wide spread as we thought.

It does kill the AvP mythology that the predators have been hunting aliens for 1000s of years...  but the AvP universe isn't the same as the Alien or Predator universes.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 10:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Craps over the alien mythology?   Its explaining the Alien Origins but the same guy that created the alien mythology.

I am a huge fan of the franchise and I like where its going...  It feels incomplete so far but that's because they have at least 1-2 more movies planned before tieing it back into ALIEN.

It has done nothing to change the original Alien timeline.   It does explain how ripley almost wiped them out and why the aliens aren't really as wide spread as we thought.

It does kill the AvP mythology that the predators have been hunting aliens for 1000s of years...  but the AvP universe isn't the same as the Alien or Predator universes.

Spoliers:

Alien Covenant happens 14 years before Alien. Somehow an Engineer ship (with the eggs David created) has to show up on LV-426 and have long enough to become fossilized. The timeline makes no sense. I've heard some theories that David was merely following blueprints left by the Engineers when making the Aliens, and that would make more sense. Hopefully the next movie brings it together better, but that's what I was hoping after Prometheus, so my hopes are significantly less. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 10:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Craps over the alien mythology?   Its explaining the Alien Origins but the same guy that created the alien mythology.

I believe Scott said, when making Covenant (possibly it was Prometheus) that AVP and Requim are no longer canon.
Reply/Quote