Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alien Covenant....
(07-28-2017, 11:49 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I believe Scott said, when making Covenant (possibly it was Prometheus) that AVP and Requim are no longer canon.

yeah they cant be...  (as the alien hasn't been created yet..  unless some predator captures a queen and goes back to the future with it...  ) * that might be a cool movie hahahaha

But nothing AVP was ever really canon from my understanding..  It was a cross over universe they made for the sake of pitying them against each other   they were fun to watch though.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2017, 11:27 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Spoliers:

Alien Covenant happens 14 years before Alien. Somehow an Engineer ship (with the eggs David created) has to show up on LV-426 and have long enough to become fossilized. The timeline makes no sense. I've heard some theories that David was merely following blueprints left by the Engineers when making the Aliens, and that would make more sense. Hopefully the next movie brings it together better, but that's what I was hoping after Prometheus, so my hopes are significantly less. 

Finally got around to watching it last night.

All in all, a little mixed. I liked a lot of it, probably my favorite in the series since Aliens (the first two movies are two of my favorite movies period, so it's hard to top them). I was wondering about the timeline. Maybe David's xenos are similar but not exact to the Engineer's xenos? Like how the white ones were still a work in progress until he got the human hosts for the pods, they were similar, but not exactly the same. Like that theory, maybe he was working off Engineer info to try his own xeno creation.

My only complaints were the timelines I was running through my head and the lack of a xeno for a good chunk of the movie. Not a lot of tension that made the first two so good. Also, why would they fly to a new planet and totally miss any signs of life — giant crashed ship, at least one large city, etc. The crew was just giddy to jump into a barrel of needles.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 12:53 PM)Benton Wrote: Finally got around to watching it last night.

All in all, a little mixed. I liked a lot of it, probably my favorite in the series since Aliens (the first two movies are two of my favorite movies period, so it's hard to top them). I was wondering about the timeline. Maybe David's xenos are similar but not exact to the Engineer's xenos? Like how the white ones were still a work in progress until he got the human hosts for the pods, they were similar, but not exactly the same. Like that theory, maybe he was working off Engineer info to try his own xeno creation.

My only complaints were the timelines I was running through my head and the lack of a xeno for a good chunk of the movie. Not a lot of tension that made the first two so good. Also, why would they fly to a new planet and totally miss any signs of life — giant crashed ship, at least one large city, etc. The crew was just giddy to jump into a barrel of needles.

The timeline part is still a concern to get a ship full of eggs (which means a queen) to crash on the planet LV426.     But David has the means (whole colony ship full of human host to experiment on now.)    I don't believe the Engineers developed the Xenomorph or where even working on something like that.  (although that was a previous theory of mine but the new info changes that.)    The engineers developed the black goo which is highly adaptive and seems to accerulate evolution...

The White Neomorphs that are new in this movie seem to be a result or the blackgoo (that created those spores)  the spores infected the blood and burst forth out of the blood vessels more so than deveopling in the chest.     If you have the Blue ray check out the Extra's  (I believe they were all listed on the planet one)  it has davids notes from the planet as he is explaining and sending messages to earth from the Covenant.      He indicates he wasn't making much progress until he started using Dr shaw's DNA to enact with the substance(black goo)...    he seems to go thru painstaking lengths to perfect the process...  

And as that fades out he says he has one last thing to perfect.   A Queen.  (and it pans to Daniels.) 

Not sure if they missed any of that stuff on landing.. They were hunting down the rouge signal they received.  (david knows Wayland policy and sets up the beacon  and presumably does so again before the event of Alien.)   

Now in Alien they say it looks fossilized but they are also looking at the Engineer Suit.  (put I guess its possible if whoever ends up in that suits body was exposed to space or the planets atmosphere something could effect it in that way.)

but definitely take the time to watch the extras on that blue ray if you have it.

Not saying I'm right on any of this but its my thoughts.    

Next movie since david is sending messages to earth will probly be about a human ship sent to hunt him down/rescue the colonist    (and presumably a engineer ship as well)  as he glassed one of their planets.   which in the mean time he has plenty of humans to experiment on
(one of the messages he sends back to earth went something like..  If you choose to prosue my species it will rule the galaxy...)
Reply/Quote