Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alienated America
(03-07-2019, 11:50 AM)Dill Wrote: Maybe triple that. But otherwise, agreed.

(03-07-2019, 11:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: Respectful people who listen and try to inspire others?  Yeah.  That would be wonderful to have.

Glad we agree!

Sure I agree. If there were only more people like me in the world it'd be a better place..........

Wait a minute....you guys are serious. That's troubling. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-07-2019, 05:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure I agree. If there were only more people like me in the world it'd be a better place..........

Wait, you DON'T agree we need more encouraging, well educated, well spoken, decent people in the world? Nervous
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-07-2019, 06:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wait, you DON'T agree we need more encouraging, well educated, well spoken, decent people in the world? Nervous
We sure do; I'm just not narcissistic to use my name when suggesting so, because I realize I also have flaws. Seems like something Trump would do to support the jist of the OP. 

Do we need more smokers or straight couples in the world? 

(03-07-2019, 06:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We sure do; I'm just not narcissistic to use my name when suggesting so, because I realize I also have flaws. Seems like something Trump would do to support the jist of the OP. 

Do we need more smokers or straight couples in the world? 

I don't have a problem using the names of good examples as a...good example.

No one said they were perfect.  No one is perfect.  But they are a good example of how to treat others.  I'm sure there are OTHER good examples (non smokers and gay people too!) that could be mentioned.

But your, shall we say, "interesting" take is noted.  Perhaps you suffer from ODS?   Smirk
(03-07-2019, 05:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure I agree. If there were only more people like me in the world it'd be a better place..........

I don't disagree with that.  You may not get why Trump is a threat to U.S. national and economic security, but you are not a bad person.

I would gladly switch out a dozen of those ICE warriors who separate parents and children--and their Dept. head--with a dozen or so Bfines. 

So long as they don't vote for the president who implemented the policy, they'd be an upgrade, for sure.
(03-07-2019, 06:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: I don't have a problem using the names of good examples as a...good example.

No one said they were perfect.  No one is perfect.  But they are a good example of how to treat others.  I'm sure there are OTHER good examples (non smokers and gay people too!) that could be mentioned.

But your, shall we say, "interesting" take is noted.  Perhaps you suffer from ODS?   Smirk

No one said there's a problem with using the names of good people s good examples. The problem comes when you use your name. I guess that fact is alluding you so we're done.

(03-07-2019, 07:26 PM)Dill Wrote: I don't disagree with that.  You may not get why Trump is a threat to U.S. national and economic security, but you are not a bad person.

I would gladly switch out a dozen of those ICE warriors who separate parents and children--and their Dept. head--with a dozen or so Bfines. 

So long as they don't vote for the president who implemented the policy, they'd be an upgrade, for sure.

I suppose you or Dino don't see the relevance of a former POTUS saying "be like me" in a thread about alienation. I hope others do; they just choose not to comment. 

(03-07-2019, 08:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose you or Dino don't see the relevance of a former POTUS saying "be like me" in a thread about alienation. I hope others do; they just choose not to comment. 

I don't see the relevance of focusing on any "Bad" thing you don't like about Mr. or Mrs. Obama rather than hs message of there needs to be more people who have hope for the future...like they do.

But them if one suffers from ODS it might make it harder to acknowledge that the Obama's are good people who want to inspire others.

Heck I'd tell someone to be like me in specific circumstances.  More people should enjoy school and learning like I do.  

That doesn't mean everyone has to be exactly like me.  I have many flaws.  But criticizing someone for saying people need to be more hopeful (even if they use themselves as an example) isn't one of them.
(03-08-2019, 12:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: I don't see the relevance of focusing on any "Bad" thing you don't like about Mr. or Mrs. Obama rather than hs message of there needs to be more people who have hope for the future...like they do.

But them if one suffers from ODS it might make it harder to acknowledge that the Obama's are good people who want to inspire others.

Heck I'd tell someone to be like me in specific circumstances.  More people should enjoy school and learning like I do.  

That doesn't mean everyone has to be exactly like me.  I have many flaws.  But criticizing someone for saying people need to be more hopeful (even if they use themselves as an example) isn't one of them.

He didn't even say folks need to be more like him; he said we need more of him. Is Trump "Hopeful"?

Please go back and link all the posts I've started to satisfy my ODS or STFU about it; because it's silly. The post was relevant.

As I said: If you cannot see the problem with stating someone should be "me" in a thread about alienation, then I don't know what else to tell you. All your changing what was said is feeble. 

(03-08-2019, 01:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: He didn't even say folks need to be more like him; he said we need more of him. Is Trump "Hopeful"?

Obama said (in the article you quoted)

Quote:"If we could form a network of those young leaders, not just in the United States, but around the world, then we got something," "if we can train a million Baracks and Michelles who are running around thinking they can change the world" hope is achievable.

(FTR, a quick search of that phrase to find the rest of the speech leads to pages or right wing sites saying how awful that would be.)

I explained why I don't have a problem with what he said.

You are being narrowly focused here so there's no sense trying to reason with you.  This just falls under the old trope that Obama has a huge ego.

I'd rather people emulate someone who is hopeful and tries to help versus the guy who spends his early mornings tweeting insults at the "haters" and "losers".  Maybe you can't see the difference between the two.  I wonder why you compared the two?  Are they "exactly the same"?  Does Trump say we need a million more "Donald and Melanias"?  And why would he say that?

(03-08-2019, 01:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Please go back and link all the posts I've started to satisfy my ODS or STFU about it; because it's silly. The post was relevant.

How about the latest one where you, without any connection to the thread, brought up the Obama's?  Then pointed out they he smokes (the horror) so Obama shouldn't say more people should be like them.  Clearly ODS to even mention him in this thread...but to do it with a link to a story on a speech he gave saying he wants more young people to be hopeful and to challenge the old institutions  like he did when he was young just cements that he still lives rent free in your psyche.  

(03-08-2019, 01:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said: If you cannot see the problem with stating someone should be "me" in a thread about alienation, then I don't know what else to tell you. All your changing what was said is feeble. 

Okay.  If you have a problem with a successful man who rose to POTUS while helping others and did it relatively "scandal" free saying "look at me, I did it you can too.  Be like me and go do it" then maybe that says more about who you think people should emulate than it does what Obama said.

"feeble"