Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All AFCN Team 2015
Since everyone is now out and it's time to take stock.

Offense

QB: Ben
RB: D. Williams
FB: Jusczyk
WR: Brown
WR: Green
TE: Barnidge
T: Whitworth, Thomas
G: Yanda, Bitonio
C: Mack

Defense

DE: Dunlap, Hayward
DT: Atkins
NT: Brandon Williams
OLB: Dumervil, Burfict
ILB: Mosley, Dansby
CB: Adam Jones, Jimmy Smith
S: Reggie Nelson, Whitner

K: Tucker
P: Koch
PR: Benjamin
KR: Tate
ST: Cedric Peerman
Reply/Quote
That good, huh?

Barnidge over Eifert was tough, but he deserves it.

Best two tackles instead of r/l.

Corner play wasn't spectacular, aside from Jones.

What do you think?
Reply/Quote
I actually would put Dalton over Ben... When you look at their overall record.. both were hurt about the same amount of time and  Dalton was clearly better in TD to Int, had a higher passer rating and won the Division
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
TATE??? TATE???

The division can't be that weak at KR, can it?

Dalton played better than Rothlesburger.

Reply/Quote
It was a close call on a couple of these, and arguments could be made, but I tried not to have the same guy in multiple spots (Adam Jones), so Tate it is.

Close call for Dalton, too.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 08:18 PM)TGISunday Wrote: It was a close call on a couple of these, and arguments could be made, but I tried not to have the same guy in multiple spots (Adam Jones), so Tate it is.

Close call for Dalton, too.

So why Ben.??. here is my reason for Dalton in more specifics

He won the division, Ben did not

He had a 10-3 record (with the one loss with Pitt he played one series)  Ben had a 8-4 record

He had a QB rating of 106  Ben had of 94.5

He had 25 passing TDs to 7 Ints.. Ben had 21 TDS to 16 Ints

The only stat I give Ben a edge in is yards per game.. 

Was it just a gut thing that you picked Ben ?  Stats, Wins, and Division record and title go to Dalton 
Reply/Quote
Long term it's Ben no doubt. This year and this year alone - it's Dalton. Even the most ardent Steelers fan would have a hard time arguing that Dalton was the better QB this year.

They will because that's how they roll. But they'll be wrong.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 09:27 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Long term it's Ben no doubt. This year and this year alone - it's Dalton. Even the most ardent Steelers fan would have a hard time arguing that Dalton was the better QB this year.

They will because that's how they roll. But they'll be wrong.

I would debate that 3 of  the last 4 years  Dalton  has performed just as good or better than Ben. 2014 i would give a clear edge to Ben,, but 2012 about even and  2013 you could give edge to Dalton  and I expect Dalton to continue to improve and i have a feeling Ben could start to down spiral with age and injuries.
Reply/Quote
Andy over Ben this year..

I'd also think about taking Eifert over Barnidge, but both had nice breakout years.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Interesting that DeCastro made first team all pro, meaning he's one of the top two at his position in the entire league, but couldn't crack the all AFC North lineup. Also, I'd agree that Dalton could get the nod at QB for this year only.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 03:22 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Interesting that DeCastro made first team all pro, meaning he's one of the top two at his position in the entire league, but couldn't crack the all AFC North lineup.  Also, I'd agree that Dalton could get the nod at QB for this year only.

I agree on Decastro.. on Dalton the more I looked over what the QBs in our division have done over the last few years.. Dalton is clearly the Qb this year and has the edge in 2013, I give Ben 2014 and Flacco 2012.  

This division really has three solid Qbs.. I would say probably has the best 3 QBS combined in any division over the last few years.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 03:18 PM)TGISunday Wrote: That good, huh?

Barnidge over Eifert was tough, but he deserves it.

Best two tackles instead of r/l.

Corner play wasn't spectacular, aside from Jones.

What do you think?

Jimmy doesn't deserve a nod for his corner play this season, but I guess if corner play is weak then you're going off body of work. Hopefully hiring Leslie Frazier as our secondary coach will help with Jimmy's regression this season.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'll throw Kaelin Clay out there for returns. Out averaged Tate for kick returns and was slightly behind Benjamin for punts (but Clay had 0 fumbles to his 3). He only played the last 7 games with the Ravens.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Good arguments on Dalton over Ben and I agree. As a Bengals fan and the year ends without your starting qb, and #7 is leading his team to the divisional round, it just felt like he was the class of the division. Also, I don't think I realized Ben threw 16 picks.

Decastro was an oversight as well. There are some great guards in the AFCN.

Thanks for the discussion.
Reply/Quote
How is a raven on the all defensive backfield team?

Not one player from the Ravens or steelers defensive backfield deserves on that group.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 02:25 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How is a raven on the all defensive backfield team?

Not one player from the Ravens or steelers defensive backfield deserves on that group.

Noted.  Who would you replace Smith with?  Tramon Williams maybe.  Haden was hurt.  Kirkpatrick?

Only 4 teams.  Cb play wasn't up to par this year, like I said.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 12:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Jimmy doesn't deserve a nod for his corner play this season, but I guess if corner play is weak then you're going off body of work. Hopefully hiring Leslie Frazier as our secondary coach will help with Jimmy's regression this season.

You guys hired Frazier?

im sorry.
Reply/Quote
TGISund Wrote:Noted.  Who would you replace Smith with?  Tramon Williams maybe.  Haden was hurt.  Kirkpatrick?

Only 4 teams.  Cb play wasn't up to par this year, like I said.

Bengals secondary was beyond superior to the rest of the division. Backups for Cincy would be staters for any of the other teams . .
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 03:21 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Bengals secondary was beyond superior to the rest of the division.   Backups for Cincy would be staters for any of the other teams .  .

Over exaggerate much?
A. Jones played very well this year. Out side of Jones. The CB play form the rest of the div was almost a squash.

As for J. Smith....I wouldn't put him on there. I believe S. Wright performed better.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 12:31 AM)TGISunday Wrote: Good arguments on Dalton over Ben and I agree. As a Bengals fan and the year ends without your starting qb, and #7 is leading his team to the divisional round, it just felt like he was the class of the division. Also, I don't think I realized Ben threw 16 picks.

Decastro was an oversight as well. There are some great guards in the AFCN.

Thanks for the discussion.
Ben ended the season with 2 picks in his last 3 games, so those 6 really inflated his total. A lot of his pick went unnoticed because the were late in games when the Steelers were up or they happened on forced desperation passes when we trailed, so the throw was worth a shot even though it got picked. Throw in that his yards per game led the league, and his picks seemed like they were sparsely packed between tons of good plays, but they really added up.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote