Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All AFCN Team 2015
(01-21-2016, 05:08 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Ben ended the season with 2 picks in his last 3 games, so those 6 really inflated his total. A lot of his pick went unnoticed because the were late in games when the Steelers were up or they happened on forced desperation passes when we trailed, so the throw was worth a shot even though it got picked. Throw in that his yards per game led the league, and his picks seemed like they were sparsely packed between tons of good plays, but they really added up.

Same thing happened to Dalton either last year or two years ago. It wasn't any more of a valid excuse then than it is now as I recall Steelers fans having a field day with it.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 10:18 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Since everyone is now out and it's time to take stock.

Offense

QB: Ben
RB: D. Williams
FB: Jusczyk
WR: Brown
WR: Green
TE: Barnidge
T: Whitworth, Thomas
G: Yanda, Bitonio
C: Mack

Defense

DE: Dunlap, Hayward
DT: Atkins
NT: Brandon Williams
OLB: Dumervil, Burfict
ILB: Mosley, Dansby
CB: Adam Jones, Jimmy Smith
S: Reggie Nelson, Whitner

K: Tucker
P: Koch
PR: Benjamin
KR: Tate
ST: Cedric Peerman

I thought Kevin Zeitler quietly had a good solid year but I can't argue with the who you picked.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 05:08 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Ben ended the season with 2 picks in his last 3 games, so those 6 really inflated his total. A lot of his pick went unnoticed because the were late in games when the Steelers were up or they happened on forced desperation passes when we trailed, so the throw was worth a shot even though it got picked. Throw in that his yards per game led the league, and his picks seemed like they were sparsely packed between tons of good plays, but they really added up.

Regardless of a pick here or there late etc.. Dalton just had a better overall season.. better win/loss record, a division title, 5-1 in division,  higher rating , A BIG DIFFERENCE IN TD TO INT RATIO... Ben wins in one area yards per game... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 02:25 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How is a raven on the all defensive backfield team?

Not one player from the Ravens or steelers defensive backfield deserves on that group.

Despite the awful first half of the season and the Seattle game, the Ravens had the 10th ranked passing D.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
BmorePat Wrote:Despite the awful first half of the season and the Seattle game, the Ravens had the 10th ranked passing D.

Yeah just looked at your schedule. Not like it was a who's who of offense. Plus you faced AJM not Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 12:59 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah just looked at your schedule.  Not like it was a who's who of offense.  Plus you faced AJM not Dalton.

AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Jeremy Maclin, Doug Baldwin, Jarvis Landry, Allen Hurns, Allen Robinson, Larry Fitzgerald, Carson Palmer, Phillip Rivers, Ryan Tannehill, Russell Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger...

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 02:23 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Jeremy Maclin, Doug Baldwin, Jarvis Landry, Allen Hurns, Allen Robinson, Larry Fitzgerald, Carson Palmer, Phillip Rivers, Ryan Tannehill, Russell Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger...

Andy Dalton...

I figured it probably hurt you too much to type that name, so i did it for you.

You're welcome. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 11:22 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Andy Dalton...

I figured it probably hurt you too much to type that name, so i did it for you.

You're welcome. 

We were discussing the last half of the season. The secondary was awful when we faced Dalton in week 3. Admittedly, I should have said last 10 games, not last half, though that wouldn't have prevented your confusion.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 02:08 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: We were discussing the last half of the season. The secondary was awful when we faced Dalton in week 3. Admittedly, I should have said last 10 games, not last half, though that wouldn't have prevented your confusion.

So what you meant was..."i was wrong".

Copy that.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 03:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So what you meant was..."i was wrong".

Copy that.

You can go back and read the posts, bro, if you're going to get your feelings hurt.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 09:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You can go back and read the posts, bro, if you're going to get your feelings hurt.

The guy who wasn't wrong, isn't the one getting his feelings hurt, bub. 

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 09:02 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Despite the awful first half of the season and the Seattle game, the Ravens had the 10th ranked passing D.

(01-24-2016, 12:59 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah just looked at your schedule.  Not like it was a who's who of offense.  Plus you faced AJM not Dalton.

(01-24-2016, 02:23 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Jeremy Maclin, Doug Baldwin, Jarvis Landry, Allen Hurns, Allen Robinson, Larry Fitzgerald, Carson Palmer, Phillip Rivers, Ryan Tannehill, Russell Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger...

You're right, my feelings aren't hurt 

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2016, 02:08 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Admittedly, I should have said last 10 games, not last half

(01-28-2016, 12:12 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You're right, my feelings aren't hurt 

Right!  Cool

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 02:54 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Right!  Cool

I like you, man, but sometimes you need to stop worrying about your ego and just read a thread. You're looking really silly.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 02:29 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I like you, man, but sometimes you need to stop worrying about your ego and just read a thread. You're looking really silly.

You misspoke, typed names from the first half of the season instead of the "last 10 games", admitted you didn't post clearly, mistakenly claimed that i was confused, and i'm the one looking silly?

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMk

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 03:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You misspoke, typed names from the first half of the season instead of the "last 10 games", admitted you didn't post clearly, mistakenly claimed that i was confused, and i'm the one looking silly?

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMk

I didn't misspeak. I could have been more clear since you're having issues, but if you actually read the chain of posts, you would have seen that I had "last half". Let's assume you read that. Why would you then chime in with a player we faced during Week 3?

Notice I left off the pro bowlers Carr and Cooper too. 

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 08:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I didn't misspeak. I could have been more clear since you're having issues, but if you actually read the chain of posts, you would have seen that I had "last half". Let's assume you read that. Why would you then chime in with a player we faced during Week 3?

Notice I left off the pro bowlers Carr and Cooper too.    

You never typed "last half" anywhere except in the post i'm reply to right now. Mellow

Since you're having trouble understanding yourself, i'll spell it out for you. You said "despite the awful first half of the season, and the seattle game...", to which STL replied "Yeah just looked at your schedule.  Not like it was a who's who of offense.  Plus you faced AJM not Dalton.", impying that the teams you faced weren't exactly worthy of bragging about a 10th ranked pass defense (AND AS A SIDE NOTE, I REALLY ***** HATE THE FORMATTING IN THESE POSTS! WHENEVER YOU C/P, AND TRY TO GO BACK TO REGULAR TYPING, THE DAMN FONT STAYS THE SAME AS WHAT YOU'RE QUOTING! /***** RANT)

anyway...after STL finished saying it wasn't exactly Murderers Row, you proceeded to list names of players, INCLUDING PLAYERS FROM GAMES 7 AND 8 which would be considered the "first half" of the year. So i decided to give you a friendly little poke by adding Dalton's name and you've now gotten your panties so bunched up, i don't see how you're going to get them undone. Ninja

DISCLAIMER: The above ninja is to indicate there's no anger or animosity in any of this post. Wink

Reply/Quote
You know I not going to read any of that. I'm not sure why you need to type that much to explain why you made a mistake, but it's really silly that you're arguing this much over reading one post out of context.

In the future, read the chain. You'll see I said they had a bad first half but picked it up in the second half. Lucie says we didn't play anyone good so I listed notable QBs and WRs from the last 10 games. I'm sorry you thought I was snubbing Dalton, but Lucie's "You played AJ not Dalton" should have clues you only.

I'm done dealing with this. 

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 11:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm done dealing with this. 

Right. Why don't you do that.

Reply/Quote