Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Bengal Fans Are Named Bill
Guys I know your upset that this isn't the 10-6 season you expected, but how many times did you expect this team to make the playoffs year after year to finally win one with Lewis at the helm?

This is the Bengals, par for the course. Yes we are all Bill Murray and this football team we follow is called Groundhogs Day. Why fight it? There's nothing you can do about it other than enjoy the scraps of wins we get. Lewis isn't going anywhere and this team isn't going to change anything its been doing the past 5 years. Just don't fall into the trap each new year that its going to be "different". It never will so your the only person who is setting yourself up for disappointment! Now go smash that clock!!!!!

Reply/Quote
The character subjected to the mystery of Groundhog Day was named Phil, not Bill. DUH!!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Another timeless classic from Godfather.

How many ways can you make the same thread in a different mask?

Jungle Noise is starting to suck with the same handful of people posting basically the same threads over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

No substance no discussion just pouting.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 08:11 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Another timeless classic from Godfather.

How many ways can you make the same thread in a different mask?

Jungle Noise is starting to suck with the same handful of people posting basically the same threads over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

No substance no discussion just pouting.

Yes how dare any fan pout, or complain or even think of solutions. We should just all shut up and drink the kool aid. Ty for your comment of substance. 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2016, 09:46 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Yes how dare any fan pout, or complain or even think of solutions. We should just all shut up and drink the kool aid. Ty for your comment of substance. 

There is a huge difference between stating your grievances and wallowing in self pity.

When you just repeat the same thing over and over again you are wallowing.

I have no problem with threads that comment about what is wrong and what could be done to fix them.  But just constantly crying about how everything is hopeless over and over and over again gets old really fast.
Reply/Quote
Our names have always been Bill to Mr Mike Brown.

Dollar Bill !

He enjoys making us Holler for our Dollar as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 01:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: There is a huge difference between stating your grievances and wallowing in self pity.

When you just repeat the same thing over and over again you are wallowing.

I have no problem with threads that comment about what is wrong and what could be done to fix them.  But just constantly crying about how everything is hopeless over and over and over again gets old really fast.

What does it mean when the Benglas org just repeats the same thing over and over and over and over again?  Complete ineptitude?  Insanity?
Reply/Quote
If people are worried about the state of threads in JN, maybe they should try to create something fresh rather than complaining? Honestly, I just tried to think of something myself and I couldn't really come up with anything. It's not easy to bring fresh takes when you're in the midst of a disappointing season with basically the same players, coaches and problems for 6 years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 01:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If people are worried about the state of threads in JN, maybe they should try to create something fresh rather than complaining? Honestly, I just tried to think of something myself and I couldn't really come up with anything. It's not easy to bring fresh takes when you're in the midst of a disappointing season with basically the same players, coaches and problems for 6 years.

It's worth a try but about half the people here it seems aren't interested in fresh topics or real discussions at the moment. It always comes back to "What's the point? Mike Brown is the owner and Marvin is the coach. Why do I even bother waking up in the morning?"

Look at the GM thread half of it is tired beat to death comments and no substance.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 02:12 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: It's worth a try but about half the people here it seems aren't interested in fresh topics or real discussions at the moment. It always comes back to "What's the point? Mike Brown is the owner and Marvin is the coach. Why do I even bother waking up in the morning?"

Look at the GM thread half of it is tired beat to death comments and no substance.

It all starts at the top and the owner gives us nothing fresh or hopeful to talk about.  I am actually a pretty positive person and have stayed that way up until the game last Sunday.  When I would post in gameday, I would make it a point to say something positive no matter what the situation.

I am 42 and a life long Bengal fan, but it is just hard to be "fresh and hopful" when the ownership, who control everything, are the opposite.

I said in another thread that it would be completely different if they were actually trying and winning was their #1 goal.  It just comes off to me that they truly don't care much about whether they win or loose.

Even my 8 year old son is loosing interest.  Nugent just makes him cry and Marvin pisses him off with 2:00 minute drill clock management becuase my son always wants them to try and score.  You would think Marv would want to score also, but apparently not.

I could ramble on and on, but you get the point.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 02:59 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I said in another thread that it would be completely different if they were actually trying and winning was their #1 goal.  It just comes off to me that they truly don't care much about whether they win or loose.

Why?

What specifically makes you think they don't care about winning?
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 01:39 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: What does it mean when the Benglas org just repeats the same thing over and over and over and over again?  Complete ineptitude?  Insanity?

Making the playoffs every year is not "complete ineptitude".  

Why would you even say something like that.

And please don't come back with "Making the playoffs is meaningless."  I am not satisfied with just making the playoffs, but to claim that making the playoffs 5 years in a row is "complete ineptitude" is just ridiculous.  
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 01:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If people are worried about the state of threads in JN, maybe they should try to create something fresh rather than complaining? Honestly, I just tried to think of something myself and I couldn't really come up with anything. It's not easy to bring fresh takes when you're in the midst of a disappointing season with basically the same players, coaches and problems for 6 years.

Same here, in a large way. The only thing I came up with was how the CBA has negatively affected individual and team performance. And by this I mean the limited full contact time practice in pads to once per week during the season, for a whopping 90 minutes m/l at that! It seems maintaining football conditioning and technique development has been compromised as a result. While I don't have any data to support this, it is something I suspect some impact should be considered.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 03:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why?

What specifically makes you think they don't care about winning?

No practice bubble, No way to honor previous players, refusal to let anyone go if it means they have to pay for rest of contract even if it might help the team, keeping a HC 14+ years with a 200 something winning % in prime time and playoff games, comparatively small scouting department, keeping coaches that have been here since the lost decade, 1 player in the HOF after 25+years, letting Zimmer go, refusal to hire a competent GM who actually has football knowledge, doing next to nothing in FA, refusal to hire outside the org/box/comfort zone whatever.   That's off the top of my head.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 03:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Making the playoffs every year is not "complete ineptitude".  

Why would you even say something like that.

And please don't come back with "Making the playoffs is meaningless."  I am not satisfied with just making the playoffs, but to claim that making the playoffs 5 years in a row is "complete ineptitude" is just ridiculous.

I do not believe that making the playoff's is meaningless, however, I think the enthiasm and competiveness in which we approached/played those playoff games and where we were completely outcoached and embarressed in those playoff games is not meaningless.  We were loaded with talent and I truly believe that with better coaching and management we would have made it to at least one SB. 

The ineptitude is accomplishing something that is almost statistically impossible to do; loose 7 straight playoff games in a league of parity, or not win a playoff game in 25 years for that matter.

Keeping a coach around for 14+ years who has a winning percentage of 200 something in primetime/playoffs games and who cannot figure out how to beat the Steelers even some of the time is not any kind of dedication to winning that I am aware of.  
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 04:43 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: No practice bubble, No way to honor previous players, refusal to let anyone go if it means they have to pay for rest of contract even if it might help the team, keeping a HC 14+ years with a 200 something winning % in prime time and playoff games, comparatively small scouting department, keeping coaches that have been here since the lost decade, 1 player in the HOF after 25+years, letting Zimmer go, refusal to hire a competent GM who actually has football knowledge, doing next to nothing in FA, refusal to hire outside the org/box/comfort zone whatever.   That's off the top of my head.

So you think we lose playoff games because we don't have a "Ring of Honor".

When have we kept a player with a guaranteed contract when he should have been cut.  I am not aware of many Bengals players having 100% guaranteed contracts.

Dick LeBeau was  coach from the "lost decade" so does that mean the Steelers did not care about wining when they hired him as their DC?

Don't know what the number of Hall of Fame players has to do with the team "caring about winning".  and neither do you.  You just have a laundry list of complaints that you think justify your claims when they really don't.

Letting Zimmer go does not mean they don't care about winning.  That is just your opinion and it proves nothing.

The Bengals made some of the biggest "outside the box" decisions in the league when they hired Jay Gruden from the Arena League.   In fact many of you whiners lost your minds when they made that move and claimed it was proof that the Bengals "don't care about winning.  They also made shrewd move when they basically created a coaching position for HUe after he was fired by Oakland.

bengals play the free agent game like the Packers, and I don't see anyone claiming the packers don't care about winning. 
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 02:12 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: It's worth a try but about half the people here it seems aren't interested in fresh topics or real discussions at the moment. It always comes back to "What's the point? Mike Brown is the owner and Marvin is the coach. Why do I even bother waking up in the morning?"

We're in the midst of a massively disappointing season. I imagine Panthers and Cardinals message boards are also full of negativity as well, and they're coming off of better seasons and have more promising situations with coaches and management. So of course there's going to be an overwhelming amount of negativity here. The boards just reflect reality.

People are fed up. I try to be positive myself. I was pretty much the only.one who predicted a win over the Ravens last week. There's just not much positive to discuss at the moment. Even the draft is viewed negatively now because we've whiffed a lot recently.

If you or Fred have any ideas, I'd love to hear it. I'm not even trying to knock you guys. I'm just saying...it is what it is right now.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 04:54 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: The ineptitude is accomplishing something that is almost statistically impossible to do; loose 7 straight playoff games in a league of parity.

It is not impossible at all. Not even close. There are NINE different teams who have not won a playoff game since the Bengals began their 7 game playoff losing streak.  And there are 4 teams that have not even made the playoffs during that span.  You simply do not understand how the rest of the NFL works.

Let me ask you this.  Do you think Paul Brown "cared about winning" when he was our head coach?
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 05:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We're in the midst of a massively disappointing season. I imagine Panthers and Cardinals message boards are also full of negativity as well, and they're coming off of better seasons and have more promising situations with coaches and management. So of course there's going to be an overwhelming amount of negativity here. The boards just reflect reality.

People are fed up. I try to be positive myself. I was pretty much the only.one who predicted a win over the Ravens last week. There's just not much positive to discuss at the moment. Even the draft is viewed negatively now because we've whiffed a lot recently.

If you or Fred have any ideas, I'd love to hear it. I'm not even trying to knock you guys. I'm just saying...it is what it is right now.

I don't blame people for being negative.  I just blame the ones who say things like "The Bengals don't want to win" or "I am superior to any fan that still goes to a game" or "Anyone who is still a Bengal fan is the same as an abused woman".

It is possible to be negative without being stupid.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 05:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you think we lose playoff games because we don't have a "Ring of Honor".

When have we kept a player with a guaranteed contract when he should have been cut.  I am not aware of many Bengals players having 100% guaranteed contracts.

Dick LeBeau was  coach from the "lost decade" so does that mean the Steelers did not care about wining when they hired him as their DC?

Don't know what the number of Hall of Fame players has to do with the team "caring about winning".  and neither do you.  You just have a laundry list of complaints that you think justify your claims when they really don't.

Letting Zimmer go does not mean they don't care about winning.  That is just your opinion and it proves nothing.

The Bengals made some of the biggest "outside the box" decisions in the league when they hired Jay Gruden from the Arena League.   In fact many of you whiners lost your minds when they made that move and claimed it was proof that the Bengals "don't care about winning.  They also made shrewd move when they basically created a coaching position for HUe after he was fired by Oakland.

bengals play the free agent game like the Packers, and I don't see anyone claiming the packers don't care about winning. 

Fred, I have nothing against you and I am not going to argue with you.  You have your opinion and I have mine.

Zimmer is not just my opinion, but the opinion of lots around here and I am sure I have heard mention of it on sports channels.  That was the perfect time, imho, to move away from Marvin.  Zimmer had the defense rolling and had the respect of the whole team as far as I am aware.  It was time for Marv to go and they messed it up.  He still has one of the top D's in Minny.

As far as the ring of honor, yes, I absolutely believe it shows they do not care about winning.  If you care about winning, your players and the fans then you do stuff like that.  Call it an intangible.  It shows that you care and that you are dedicated.  Does not having a ring of honor mean AJ Green will drop a crucial ball or that Dalton will miss a wide open reciever; of course not, but it shows you're all in and really care and that CAN have a positive mental effect on the team and in turn can transfer to results on the field.

As far as a bubble, imo, same thing applies.  I wonder how it REALLY makes the players feel to know that high schools have better dedicated facilities then the NFL team they play for?  Maybe all the players could care less about practicing in the cold/rain/wind; but what does it tell them about the dedication from the owner to provide them with the best possible chance to practice, develope and win?

You are looking at direct correlation and I believe there is a lot of indirect correlation from coaching and management decisions that tranfer to the play on the field.
Reply/Quote