Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All-Bengals team just from the Lewis era.
(07-14-2015, 01:24 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Too bad the Bengals' coaches have played Peko as if he has been a good full time player over his whole career.

Since Peko became a full time starter in 2007 Haloti Ngata is the only interior D-lineman in the league with more tackles than Peko. Domata has consistently been one of the most productive DTs in the entire league.  During that 8 year stretch the Bengals defense has finished in the top 7 in yards allowed 4 times and only twice failed to be ranked in the top half of the league.  Mike Zimmer, even after he had left the Bengals to coach the Vikings, continued to sing Peko's praises.   To suggest that he is not even worthy of being a full time player is ridiculous.

Peko is the most under appreciated player in Bengal history.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 01:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Since Peko became a full time starter in 2007 Haloti Ngata is the only interior D-lineman in the league with more tackles than Peko. Domata has consistently been one of the most productive DTs in the entire league.  During that 8 year stretch the Bengals defense has finished in the top 7 in yards allowed 4 times and only twice failed to be ranked in the top half of the league.  Mike Zimmer, even after he had left the Bengals to coach the Vikings, continued to sing Peko's praises.   To suggest that he is not even worthy of being a full time player is ridiculous.

Peko is the most under appreciated player in Bengal history.

He hasn't been worthy of being a full time player for at least a couple of years now, his best is behind him.

There are a lot of young DTs much better than Peko, just because they haven't been in the league long enough to rack up the career tackles just can't suggest that he's better than them. I'm sure I can find some very mediocre or worse players at various positions with volume stats that "prove" they're good too.

I don't think he's awful, I just think he would look better if he played less. Sort of like when Maualuga "improved" when he played less snaps. Peko seemingly got pushed around quite a bit in 2013 and 2014. I call it like I see it, I don't have a problem with Domata Peko as a person, he just hasn't been a good football player for at least 2 years. You have a strange obsession with defending Bengals players that weren't/aren't very good.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 02:00 PM)djs7685 Wrote:  he just hasn't been a good football player for at least 2 years.

You have a strange obsession with defending Bengals players that weren't/aren't very good.

Over the last two seasons he has been among the top ten interior linmen in shedding blockers and getting to the ball carrier.  He may not be the player he once was, but he is still better than most DTs in the league.

You have a strange obsession with being wrong.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 02:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Over the last two seasons he has been among the top ten interior linmen in shedding blockers and getting to the ball carrier.  He may not be the player he once was, but he is still better than most DTs in the league.

You have a strange obsession with being wrong.

Do you think he's better than most DTs in the league or most starting DTs in the league? My argument will drastically change depending on your answer.

You have a strange obsession with not understand the difference between a fact and opinion. I'm not "wrong", and you need to stop treating this like some sort of contest.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 03:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: QB- Carson Palmer 
RB- Rudi Johnson
RB- Jeremy Hill
FB- Jeremi Johnson
WR- Chad Johnson
WR- AJ Green
WR- TJ Houshmandzadeh
TE- Jermaine Gresham
TE- Reggie Kelly
LT- Whit
LG- Steinbach
C- Braham
RG- Bobbie Williams
RT- Willie

DE- Carlos Dunlap
DT- Geno Atkins
DT- Domata Peko
DE- Justin Smith
WLB- Vontaze Burfict
MLB- Odell Thurman
SLB- Brian Simmons
CB1- Jonathan Joseph
CB2- Leon Hall 
CB3- Tory James (very underrated)
S- Reggie Nelson
S- Chris Crocker

Man...this team would be unstoppable.

I think Shake ruined this thread, I can't disagree with this list.

I would make one change though. I would replace Hill with Corey Dillon and have Corey as the #1 RB with Rudi behind him.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 02:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have a strange obsession with being wrong.

(07-14-2015, 02:39 PM)djs7685 Wrote:  I'm not "wrong",
Not sure you helped you case here.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 02:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure you helped you case here.

Only if you intentionally leave out the part RIGHT before that where I said "You have a strange obsession with not understanding the difference between a fact and opinion."

Meaning, "This is an opinion, so I'm not 'wrong'."

Or is that too tough to understand? My bad.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 02:39 PM)djs7685 Wrote: You have a strange obsession with not understand the difference between a fact and opinion.

Actually I don't have any problem at all.  For example this is a fact.  .  . 

(07-14-2015, 02:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Over the last two seasons he has been among the top ten interior linmen in shedding blockers and getting to the ball carrier.  

And these are just opinions.

(07-14-2015, 02:00 PM)djs7685 Wrote: He hasn't been worthy of being a full time player for at least a couple of years now,

There are a lot of young DTs much better than Peko,

he just hasn't been a good football player for at least 2 years.

Can YOU see the difference?
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 03:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually I don't have any problem at all.  For example this is a fact.  .  . 

And these are just opinions.

Can YOU see the difference?

Link for most shed blockers statistic, please.

Link for those tackles not being after he was pushed off the LOS, please.

If you could get those to me asap, that'd be greeaaaaaaaat. Thanks!

Also, I fully understand that I was stating my OPINION. You, on the other hand, present your opinions as facts and constantly tell people how "wrong" they are. At least I'm not so self righteous that I can understand that other people have differing opinions than my own. I can't recall telling you that you were completely wrong about this, yet you have done that to me. Hmmm, who doesn't understand what's a fact and an opinion again?
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 02:39 PM)djs7685 Wrote:  and you need to stop treating this like some sort of contest.

What does this even mean?

I am not allowed to disagree with you?
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 03:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What does this even mean?

I am not allowed to disagree with you?

No, it means that you need to be less of an asshole and understand that opinions =/= facts.

I have no problem disagreeing and having a debate, but when you start running around telling the other party how "wrong" they are about their opinion suggests that arguing on a message board is a dick measuring contest to you.

You're more than welcome to think Peko is a great DT, but I'm not "wrong" for believing otherwise when there isn't any factual data to fully, 100% prove either side.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 03:14 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Link for most shed blockers statistic, please.

Link for those tackles not being after he was pushed off the LOS, please.

If you could get those to me asap, that'd be greeaaaaaaaat. Thanks!

In order to get a tackle a defensive player has to shed a blocker and get to the ball carrier.  Over the last 2 seasons the only interior D-linemne to have more tackles than Peko were Marcell Dareus, Linvil Joseph, Damon Harrison, and Kyle Williams. 

As for tackles made after being pushed off the line of scrimmage i don't know, but since 90% of the running plays in the NFL go for positive yardage I am assuming almost every DT makes most of his tackles off the line of scrimmage.  Also i am 100% positive that DTs getting blocked off the line of scrimmage don't make any tackles at all.  DTs don't get any tackles when they are getting blocked.

You are welcome.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 03:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In order to get a tackle a defensive player has to shed a blocker and get to the ball carrier.  Over the last 2 seasons the only interior D-linemne to have more tackles than Peko were Marcell Dareus, Linvil Joseph, Damon Harrison, and Kyle Williams. 

As for tackles made after being pushed off the line of scrimmage i don't know, but since 90% of the running plays in the NFL go for positive yardage I am assuming almost every DT makes most of his tackles off the line of scrimmage.  Also i am 100% positive that DTs getting blocked off the line of scrimmage don't make any tackles at all.  DTs don't get any tackles when they are getting blocked.

You are welcome.

Thanks for the links to those "facts" and not your opinions.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 03:22 PM)djs7685 Wrote: No, it means that you need to be less of an asshole and understand that opinions =/= facts.

I have no problem disagreeing and having a debate, but when you start running around telling the other party how "wrong" they are about their opinion suggests that arguing on a message board is a dick measuring contest to you.

You're more than welcome to think Peko is a great DT, but I'm not "wrong" for believing otherwise when there isn't any factual data to fully, 100% prove either side.

Are you serious?  

You are famous on these boards for resulting to childish name calling and insults.  And you accuse me of not being able to have a serious debate?

This is hilarious.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 03:33 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Thanks for the links to those "facts" and not your opinions.

You are welcome.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 03:22 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I have no problem disagreeing and having a debate, but when you start running around telling the other party how "wrong" they are about their opinion suggests that arguing on a message board is a dick measuring contest to you.

Oh the irony

(07-14-2015, 02:00 PM)djs7685 Wrote: You have a strange obsession with defending Bengals players that weren't/aren't very good.

Smirk

BTW...... 13 inches
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 03:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are welcome.

Can we agree that Nick Hayden is absolutely terrible?

Per PFF, he had more tackles over the last 2 years than Peko.

Don't be so surprised when somebody doesn't let 1 single stat define a football player.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 03:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh the irony

Smirk

BTW......Thirteen inches

I said you have a strange obsession with defending guys that aren't good (an opinion, if you didn't know what that was).

I didn't go on a tirade telling you how "wrong" you are on multiple occasions.

Are you literally mentally ********? Or are you just trolling at this point?
Reply/Quote
QB- Carson Palmer

RB- Corey Dillon
RB- Jeremy Hill
FB- Jeremi Johnson

WR- AJ Green
WR- Terrel Owens
WR- Chad Johnson

TE- Jermaine Gresham
TE- Reggie Kelly

LT- Whitworth
LG- Steinbach
C- Braham
RG- Zeitler
RT- Anderson

DE- Carlos Dunlap
DT- Geno Atkins
DT- Domata Peko
DE- Justin Smith

WLB- Vontaze Burfict
MLB- Odell Thurman
SLB- Brian Simmons

CB1- Jonathan Joseph
CB2- Leon Hall 
CB3- Denard (I know he hasn't been on the field...much...but I believe he will be great)
S- Reggie Nelson
S- Chris Crocker

EDIT: and just looking at this lineup, do you think the Bengals could stay under the Salary Cap? I say yes they could.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2015, 03:38 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Can we agree that Nick Hayden is absolutely terrible?

Per PFF, he had more tackles over the last 2 years than Peko.

According to NFL.com Peko (98) had 16 more tackles than Hayden (82) over the last two years
Reply/Quote