Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Icing No Cake
(09-02-2020, 12:51 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: I will be here to take my lumps for sure. And there's only a 1/32 chance I'll be celebrating after the season anyway. 

Btw I'm an O's fan too so I'm used to mental beat downs! You guys can't possibly do more damage than they've done. Crappy, cheap owner who cuts corners. Stacked division. Orange and Black colors. Haven't won anything meaningful since the 80's. Sound familiar?????

Painfully so.  Sad

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 10:31 PM)jason Wrote: He keeps getting demolished in the playoffs after ballin out in the regular season. We're Bengals fans... Remember? Regular season doesn't count. He's lost to 2 inferior teams in back to back postseasons. Having said that; I think Lamar Jackson will continue to grow his game, and get better. So yeah... This is his low point.

(08-31-2020, 10:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nah. I think he's peaked. He is still willing to run too much and it's going to get him hurt. The more they can get him to become a pocket passer and run as a last option, the better for him and them. 

This...

(09-01-2020, 10:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm a huge fan of Lamar, both as a player and as a person, but with each NFL hit his game is going to get a little weaker. DC's are figuring out how to contain him, and it's now on tape. I think we've seen his upside. He is going to have good seasons left, but I think we have seen his peak.

And This.
Reply/Quote
Y Tu Nate??? Uh oh I must be in trouble.

Those are all fair opinions and I can't argue so we'll just have to see. One thing Faulk said that I strongly disagree with is that Lamar not running is better for the team. It may be better for his longevity as a runner, sure. But we are such a better team for having Lamar's running as a weapon when we need to. Yes, the hope is we rely on his running less but if we need it we should use it. Every NFL game is important with such a short season.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 08:18 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Y Tu Nate??? Uh oh I must be in trouble.

Those are all fair opinions and I can't argue so we'll just have to see. One thing Faulk said that I strongly disagree with is that Lamar not running is better for the team. It may be better for his longevity as a runner, sure. But we are such a better team for having Lamar's running as a weapon when we need to. Yes, the hope is we rely on his running less but if we need it we should use it. Every NFL game is important with such a short season.

I know this much... I'm fighting the urge to draft Lamar in my fantasy draft tomorrow. He all but made my team unbeatable last year. I don't think he'll repeat last year's numbers, and I'm just opposed to taking any QB where he will go... I didn't draft him last year either. The guy who did auto picked him, and released him immediately... For Phillip Rivers. You heard me.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 12:34 PM)jason Wrote: I know this much... I'm fighting the urge to draft Lamar in my fantasy draft tomorrow.  He all but made my team unbeatable last year. I don't think he'll repeat last year's numbers, and I'm just opposed to taking any QB where he will go... I didn't draft him last year either. The guy who did auto picked him, and released him immediately... For Phillip Rivers. You heard me.

Cool let me know how that goes. Always down to talk Fantasy Football. Where do you pick, how many teams?
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 07:42 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Cool let me know how that goes. Always down to talk Fantasy Football. Where do you pick, how many teams?

10 team league... No idea where I pick yet. Last year I kinda had a strategy. I really wanted Aaron Jones and Chris Carson. I got them in the 3rd and 4th rounds... After using 1 on DeAndre Hopkins and 2 on Travis Kelce. I'm a firm believer in having a top TE... Anyway. I told you how I got Lamar, but the guy who had Melvin Gordon also had Ekeler and cut Melvin during his holdout.

By midseason my staters were...

Lamar Jackson
DeAndre Hopkins
Devante Parker
Aaron Jones
Chris Carson
Travis Kelce
Melvin Gordon

I lost twice all year... No losses after week 3 when I was trotting that group out.

No strategy this year. RBs will go quick and I want Kittle, Kelce, or Andrews.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 08:08 PM)jason Wrote: 10 team league... No idea where I pick yet. Last year I kinda had a strategy. I really wanted Aaron Jones and Chris Carson. I got them  in the 3rd and 4th rounds... After using 1 on DeAndre Hopkins and 2 on Travis Kelce. I'm a firm believer in having a top TE... Anyway. I told you how I got Lamar, but the guy who had Melvin Gordon also had Ekeler and cut Melvin during his holdout.

By midseason my staters were...

Lamar Jackson
DeAndre Hopkins
Devante Parker
Aaron Jones
Chris Carson
Travis Kelce
Melvin Gordon

I lost twice all year... No losses after week 3 when I was trotting that group out.

No strategy this year. RBs will go quick and I want Kittle, Kelce, or Andrews.
That's awesome! Yea I can't stand struggling at TE also. If I can't get a top end one, I draft two of my top 10 just to make sure i have one. Same strategy I use at QB for the most part. I've drafted twice so far and it's crazy how deep WRs are. 

Good luck brotha and don't believe the hype on Lamar running much less. He's been caught on open mic's saying stuff like "I'm gonna break a few long ones for real this year". Also we only kept two TEs on the final roster so Andrews should continue to be great for fantasy. He's been lining up at X WR from what I've heard. Good luck and take a flyer on Hurst!!! You can always trade him or start him in your flex. He will best Hooper's numbers from last year. I'd bet big on that
Reply/Quote
BTW get those fools in your league to draw draft positions early so you can do a few mocks and get a strategy. It's worth it.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 10:31 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: That's awesome! Yea I can't stand struggling at TE also. If I can't get a top end one, I draft two of my top 10 just to make sure i have one. Same strategy I use at QB for the most part. I've drafted twice so far and it's crazy how deep WRs are. 

Good luck brotha and don't believe the hype on Lamar running much less. He's been caught on open mic's saying stuff like "I'm gonna break a few long ones for real this year". Also we only kept two TEs on the final roster so Andrews should continue to be great for fantasy. He's been lining up at X WR from what I've heard. Good luck and take a flyer on Hurst!!! You can always trade him or start him in your flex. He will best Hooper's numbers from last year. I'd bet big on that

I'm a Lamar Jackson truther I'm just not taking him in the 3rd round. I was lucky to get him last year. I wouldn't have taken him where he went. I don't think anybody else in my league has caught on to how easy things are when you have a good TE. Everybody is still hogging RBs in the 2nd. After you get that TE you can draft RBs hard... Then snatch up guys like Metcalf, McLauren, Woods, Cupp, Ridley etc etc etc later.

I also think Hockenson could be a late round TE steal just don't wanna rely on it.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 10:32 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: BTW get those fools in your league to draw draft positions early so you can do a few mocks and get a strategy. It's worth it.

I've played around with a mock or two switching it up.... I don't think I've ever drafted higher than 6th any year we've done it.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
How'd the draft go?
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 06:31 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: How'd the draft go?

I ain't no easy win, but it's not the team I had last year for sure. I went 3rd. I'd never drafted higher than 6 before. I totally missed on my TE strategy, and QB got away from me too... I did manage to get one of my late round targets... JK Dobbins.

Team looks like this...

Cam Newton
Terry McLauren
DJ Chark
Zeke Elliot
Kenyan Drake
Jonnu Smith (Gross...)
Aaron Jones
Zane Gonzales (K)
Indianapolis (D)... I stream them.

Bench:

Tyler Lockett
Stephon Diggs
Ronald Jones
JK Dobbins
Chase Edmonds
TJ Hockenson

We all know the team you draft ain't the team you finish with though. Health permitting Zeke, Drake, and Jones should keep me going... If Cam is old Cam all the better. Receivers are solid at worst.

How'd you do?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Looks pretty damn good. Can't blame you for passing on the WRs early to get those 3 RBs, I'm sure nobody else has an RB group like that. Looks like it forced you to pass on the TEs so you could have a solid WR group. You can't get everything though, so as long as you stay healthy you can get by with not having a good TE. You can just be aggressive on the waiver wire in that spot. I like the team. I'm a big Cam fan but he has me worried for the obvious reasons, especially the new system.

I believe I posted my 10 team roster in the Mixon thread. My roster in my 12 team league with keepers is the one I like best. I kept Hopkins, Cook & Mixon. Drafted Rodgers, Keenan Allen, Mostert, Parker & Hurst. It looks stacked for a 12 team league so I'm pumped for that one.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 08:18 AM)Bmore Birds Wrote: Y Tu Nate??? Uh oh I must be in trouble.

Just saying, he needs to stay in the pocket more and you guys shouldn't have PLANNED runs for him.

He will get hurt eventually, I still believe that planned running plays for QB's are not a good idea.

If Lamar can start throwing from the pocket and really make Defenses respect that MORE than the run LOOK OUT!!!

You are already a tough team, but that would make you guys great IMO.
Reply/Quote
I'm not a true stat geek because context means a lot too. But in you want to see some numbers...

John Verros, the injury coordinator at Sports Info Solutions, looked at the injury rate on four types of plays from the last three seasons (2017-2019):

Knockdowns: 1 injury every 57.1 plays (90 total injuries on 5,135 plays for a 1.8% injury rate)
Sacks: 1 injury every 75.1 plays (52 total injuries on 3,903 for a 1.3% injury rate)
Scrambles: 1 injury every 106.7 plays (23 total injuries on 2,455 plays for a 0.9% injury rate)
Designed runs: 1 injury for every 174.2 plays (11 total injuries on 1,916 plays for an 0.6% injury rate)

Anyway, I really respect and appreciate the discussion. It's a blessing and objective fans are hard to find. Thankful for you guys
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 08:52 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: I'm not a true stat geek because context means a lot too. But in you want to see some numbers...

John Verros, the injury coordinator at Sports Info Solutions, looked at the injury rate on four types of plays from the last three seasons (2017-2019):

Knockdowns: 1 injury every 57.1 plays (90 total injuries on 5,135 plays for a 1.8% injury rate)
Sacks: 1 injury every 75.1 plays (52 total injuries on 3,903 for a 1.3% injury rate)
Scrambles: 1 injury every 106.7 plays (23 total injuries on 2,455 plays for a 0.9% injury rate)
Designed runs: 1 injury for every 174.2 plays (11 total injuries on 1,916 plays for an 0.6% injury rate)

Anyway, I really respect and appreciate the discussion. It's a blessing and objective fans are hard to find. Thankful for you guys

Thanks for this as well, kind of surprising the way guys like RG3 get ruined.

Honestly hope we can just beat you guys at Lamar's very best. 

You guys are tough and I respect you unlike the Stoolpitt and Stains.
Reply/Quote
I automatically try to poke holes in studies because some of them are skewed to prove a narrative. (Like asking 1000 teachers if schools need more money or 1000 coaches if sports are important for child development, like duuuh).

But it kind of makes sense because you can't see all pocket pressure and can get rolled up on. Then I did the Lamar video to see all his runs at once and I was convinced, but still like to hear others' opinions.

I think RGIII himself ruined a lot of people's viewpoint because he had no vision or common sense running. Think of Cunningham, Young, McNabb, even Vick, Wilson, Cam lasted for a good bit. LJ will get hurt and banged up because he plays football. Yes he will slow down. But I think he's actually safest on runs designed to the outside.
Reply/Quote
Also I want to see Burrow succeed and have a new rivalry. Cincy fans deserve it and I'm not too fond of the other two fanbases. Just my personal life experience... but one's a bunch of rude bandwagoners and the other are whiners because they went a whole three years without a team. That don't fly with me since Johnny U and Lenny Moore's stuff resides in Indy and I went 13 years without a team.

Pro football hall of fame got me pissed. They should have a Baltimore wing. Those old guys lived and still live here and are proud to be associated with Baltimore. They were there for the Ravens first game and it made fans feel ok about rooting for a new team. I'll never forget that, it was powerful. It was tough to watch Peyton break Johnny U's records. I still miss those Colts colors but the Ravens are awesome and my sons have their own team now.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 09:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for this as well, kind of surprising the way guys like RG3 get ruined.

Honestly hope we can just beat you guys at Lamar's very best. 

You guys are tough and I respect you unlike the Stoolpitt and Stains.
That's a good way to think about the season imo. If you beat the Ravens or sweep one of the teams or finish 3-3/4-2 in the division it would really bode well for the future. I think you guys match up very well vs Cleveland. They'll have trouble stopping you guys. I think your biggest weakness is on defense, but Reader is a beast. He gave us real problems even when we blew out the Texans. And Vonn Bell is solid in the box. Can't wait bro, it's that time!
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 10:04 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: That's a good way to think about the season imo. If you beat the Ravens or sweep one of the teams or finish 3-3/4-2 in the division it would really bode well for the future. I think you guys match up very well vs Cleveland. They'll have trouble stopping you guys. I think your biggest weakness is on defense, but Reader is a beast. He gave us real problems even when we blew out the Texans. And Vonn Bell is solid in the box. Can't wait bro, it's that time!

Crazy how much different it is talking to a classy fan in the AFC North. Shocked

I think we are going to have some fun times in the future.

Agree that Reader is a beast and along with Bell this is our best Free Agency in my lifetime. Wild.

With Burrow on Offense and the way they went after good tacklers on Defense we might compete with you guys hopefully.

Mixon will run all over the Stains pretty damn sure.
Reply/Quote