Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of March Mock
It's been a while since I've done a mock, but after primary FA acquisitions have happened, I think I'm ready again.

1) Joe Burrow, QB LSU - Franchise QB.

2) Zack Baun, LB Wisconsin - It's very evident that the Bengals are looking for versatile defensive players, and Baun can rush the passer, stuff the run, and also cover. His versatility will be very appealing to the Bengals.

3) Michael Pittman Jr, WR USC - Pittman might be available with the next pick, but I'd rather not risk it. I think Pittman can play any WR spot and is a very sound and reliable player.

4) Ben Bartch, OG St. Johns - I only went with this guy because the Bengals got exposure to him at the Senior Bowl. Bartch could have a learning curve but he can be groomed as a backup until he's ready to take over a starting role. A lot of promise in his game, but he's a converted TE who needs more experience and time to adapt to playing OL at a high level.

5) Trey Adams, OT Washington - Adams, at one time, was a premiere LT prospect. Some critical injuries in his career and bad combine should cause him to fall to Day 3, where he could be a steal. I think he could (quickly) emerge as a good OT opposite of Jonah Williams within a year.

6) Evan Weaver, LB Cal - Another versatile guy. His incredible instincts allowed him to compensate for some lack of speed at Cal, where he was ultra-productive. Weaver also has pass rush ability, as he was actually recruited to Cal as a DE and then converted to LB. He'll likely be a 2-down hammer like Rey Maualuga was. The Bengals already met with him.

7) Josiah Deguara, TE/H-B Cincinnati - Another guy the Bengals got a look at the Senior Bowl and is in their backyard. Deguara would boost the run game as a lead blocker and add an option as a pass catcher. Let him be technically the third TE on the roster after Uzomah and Sample.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Winner winner, chicken dinner.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Good draft! I love the first 2 picks. I would rather see us go offensive line in the 3rd, WR in the 4th, but cant argue at all with your picks in 3-4. 5-7 are need picks and anything goes there!

for me:

1) Burrow-same

2) Baun- same

3) Isaiah Wilson-RT- Georgia

4) Michael Pittman/ Donovan Peoples-Jones/ Tyler Johnson- WR
Reply/Quote
Pretty solid, overall. I wouldn't be doing backflips or anything, but I'd be fine with this draft
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2020, 03:58 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Good draft! I love the first 2 picks. I would rather see us go offensive line in the 3rd, WR in the 4th, but cant argue at all with your picks in 3-4. 5-7 are need picks and anything goes there!

for me:

1) Burrow-same

2) Baun- same

3) Isaiah Wilson-RT- Georgia

4) Michael Pittman/ Donovan Peoples-Jones/ Tyler Johnson- WR

(03-30-2020, 04:08 PM)Whatever Wrote: Pretty solid, overall.  I wouldn't be doing backflips or anything, but I'd be fine with this draft

I get what you mean. I think WR could wait until Day 3, but I think the Bengals will want to spend a Day 2 pick on one because both AJ Green and John Ross are set to hit FA next year.

I'd be fine with taking WR later to go OL earlier.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote