Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All LSU Top 3 Rounds ?
Looked at NFL Network mock 3 rounds and our closet needs.
#1 Joe Burrow QB
#2 Damian Lewis- OG
#3 Jason Phillips- LB
ALL FROM LSU

Unlike CBS, they don't see Murray LB still on board in 2. Their top O Line or LB in 2 is Lewis. This would force Bengals to take best LB in 3 and that is Phillips per NFL Network.

another scenario would be

#1 Joe Burrow QB
#2 Jordan Brooks LB Texas Tech
#3 Isaiah Wilson- OT Georgia

More and more I think the real steal in Round 2 is JK Dobbins-RB-Ohio State. CBS and NFL NETWORK see him on the board in Round 2, and this guy was one of best Ohio State runners ever, which makes him Elite. Paul Brown said it's hard to pass on a good RB. I know we have Mixon and weaker needs areas. Still, some team is going to make a GREAT pick taking Dobbins.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'm not liking either of the 2nd round picks there. The CBS mock has both guys in the 3rd. Not saying they are more credible, but I think you could aim higher.

For the 2nd round pick, I see LB, WR, and OL being the priority (in that order) so I think we agree there.

I do like Dobbins in the 2nd, just not for the Bengals this year. The grit he played with after getting injured in the Clemson game has him in the Archie, Eddie, Zeke area of all-time greats for me.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 07:27 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I'm not liking either of the 2nd round picks there. The CBS mock has both guys in the 3rd. Not saying they are more credible, but I think you could aim higher.

For the 2nd round pick, I see LB, WR, and OL being the priority (in that order) so I think we agree there.

I do like Dobbins in the 2nd, just not for the Bengals this year. The grit he played with after getting injured in the Clemson game has him in the Archie, Eddie, Zeke area of all-time greats for me.

With keeping AJ Green with Boyd, Ross,  I'm going to take your WR off as a 2020 need.   LB and O Line I agree with.   I like the names I posted from CBS better.  NFL Network thinks Murray will be gone in 1, but they have their own list of top LB's and O Line in 2 and 3.   Myself, I want an OT.  I think we are weak at OT as bringing back Andre Smith proved.  Hart is a natural guard who was moved to right tackle out of desperation, but Bengals shouldn't stick to that.  Some on here have mentioned guard, so I used the NFL Network LSU guard they have going high in 2 and the LSU LB they have high in 3.   Still, I like the non LSU option I used of a LB in 2 and a Right Tackle to start 3.   Even better to me is CBS saying we can get Murray in 2, and I add Wanogho at RT in 3. 

Just looking at what several NFL TV sites are coming up with in Mocks. 

Yes, Dobbins will be great. I wish we had the luxury to have Mixon and Dobbins.  I might go back to the Paul Brown 2 back sets with both of them. Neither a Fullback runner, but they don't exist anymore.  Mixon and Dobbins like Brooks and Woods.  Yes, some team needing RB is going to get one of best ever at Ohio State, up there with Elliott, George, Brockington,  Pete, Otis and I put Archie last because he was better in college than NFL.  You mention Clemson.  I'll mention Michigan and big games he just dominated for 100 to 200 yards rushing. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 12:29 PM)kevin Wrote: With keeping AJ Green with Boyd, Ross,  I'm going to take your WR off as a 2020 need.   LB and O Line I agree with.   I like the names I posted from CBS better.  NFL Network thinks Murray will be gone in 1, but they have their own list of top LB's and O Line in 2 and 3.   Myself, I want an OT.  I think we are weak at OT as bringing back Andre Smith proved.  Hart is a natural guard who was moved to right tackle out of desperation, but Bengals shouldn't stick to that.  Some on here have mentioned guard, so I used the NFL Network LSU guard they have going high in 2 and the LSU LB they have high in 3.   Still, I like the non LSU option I used of a LB in 2 and a Right Tackle to start 3.   Even better to me is CBS saying we can get Murray in 2, and I add Wanogho at RT in 3. 

Just looking at what several NFL TV sites are coming up with in Mocks. 

Yes, Dobbins will be great. I wish we had the luxury to have Mixon and Dobbins.  I might go back to the Paul Brown 2 back sets with both of them. Neither a Fullback runner, but they don't exist anymore.  Mixon and Dobbins like Brooks and Woods.  Yes, some team needing RB is going to get one of best ever at Ohio State, up there with Elliott, George, Brockington,  Pete, Otis and I put Archie last because he was better in college than NFL.  You mention Clemson.  I'll mention Michigan and big games he just dominated for 100 to 200 yards rushing. 
Paul Brown  hasn't coached in over 40 years.  Maybe what he did is no longer applicable.

By the time the draft rolls around, we may very well have Jason Peters playing LT and Jonah Williams at RT or vice versa.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Don't rule out S if Delpit or McKinney is there. I think the lack of linebacker action is a direct result of this team going with more nickel and dime looks with a S (Bell, Williams) playing LB. I would love to see Bates and Delpit in the back end.
Reply/Quote
I find these more likely if all LSU top 5 rounds lol

1 - Joe Burrow QB
2 - Patrick Queen LB
3 - Edwards-Helaire RB
4 - Damien Lewis OG
5 - Thadeus Moss TE

Been seeing Lewis falling to the mid rounds wonder what all of a sudden has him going at the top of the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
[Image: A0qMgcd.png]

I was scraping the bottom of the barrel at the end there haha.
Reply/Quote
Just did this one on fanspeak. All LSU except for Malik from Ohio State in the third and Kenny Willekes from Michigan State in the fifth:

1: QB JOE BURROW

33: C LLOYD CUSHENBERRY

65: LB MALIK HARRISON

107: G DAMIEN LEWIS

147: EDGE KENNY WILLEKES

180: TE THADDEUS MOSS

215: LB MICHAEL DIVINITY JR.

Shores up the interior, though we're still weak at right tackle. Didn't get a WR but with AJ coming back I felt we were alright there now. Also no corners or defensive backs at all but we've made some pickups there in FA. LB is improved but continues to be a work in progress.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think, for one year, teams should just able to draft all players from a school. The Bengals, with Pick 1, select all available LSU players. That would be a hell of a draft.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
Am I one of the only people who sees Dobbins more like Carlos Hyde than Zeke Elliott?
Dobbins is productive and solid overall but he doesn't seem overly elite in anything.
I think he can be good as part of a RBBC but I don't see him becoming a Top 10 RB in the league.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 05:53 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I think, for one year, teams should just able to draft all players from a school. The Bengals, with Pick 1, select all available LSU players. That would be a hell of a draft.

That’s actually a good idea we might win a playoff game
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 11:17 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: That’s actually a good idea we might win a playoff game

No we wont. Its written in the rules and the refs enforce it.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:34 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Just did this one on fanspeak. All LSU except for Malik from Ohio State in the third and Kenny Willekes from Michigan State in the fifth:

1: QB JOE BURROW

33: C LLOYD CUSHENBERRY

65: LB MALIK HARRISON

107: G DAMIEN LEWIS

147: EDGE KENNY WILLEKES

180: TE THADDEUS MOSS

215: LB MICHAEL DIVINITY JR.

Shores up the interior, though we're still weak at right tackle. Didn't get a WR but with AJ coming back I felt we were alright there now. Also no corners or defensive backs at all but we've made some pickups there in FA. LB is improved but continues to be a work in progress.

That's a good one BoomerFan. I like it. Smirk
Reply/Quote