Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
All Released OL
Figured this would be a nice place to put together a list of all the released OL this offseason so far, and update it as more get released. Do chime in for any I have missed so I can add them.
- - - - - - - - -

OTs
Eric Fisher
Mitchell Schwartz
Riley Reiff
Rick Wagner

Gs
Kevin Zeitler (Signed/Ravens)
Gabe Jackson
Trai Turner
James Carpenter

Cs
BJ Finney (Signed/Steelers)
Russell Bodine

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
James Carpenter and Russel Bodine lol.

Riley Reiff and Mitchell Schwartz are both guys the Bengals need to be talking too.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Last year was the first year Trai Turner didn't make the pro Bowl since his rookie year. Let's get JB a fellow LSU Tiger
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 07:24 PM)Synric Wrote: James Carpenter and Russel Bodine lol.

Riley Reiff and Mitchell Schwartz are both guys the Bengals need to be talking too.

Back injuries are tricky.  I know, as I've lived with back issues for nearly 20 years.  In Schwartz' case, the fact that they keep it vague, and never say anything past "back injury", immediately makes me think that it's pretty severe.  I get that he had surgery to address the problem, and that his handlers are likely doing their best to downplay it to the general public, but a guy with spinal issues is very risky.  Are the Bengals in a position to gamble on a guy fresh off of spinal surgery to protect Joe Burrow?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 07:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Back injuries are tricky.  I know, as I've lived with back issues for nearly 20 years.  In Schwartz' case, the fact that they keep it vague, and never say anything past "back injury", immediately makes me think that it's pretty severe.  I get that he had surgery to address the problem, and that his handlers are likely doing their best to downplay it to the general public, but a guy with spinal issues is very risky.  Are the Bengals in a position to gamble on a guy fresh off of spinal surgery to protect Joe Burrow?

Back injury is such a general term. I know he delayed his surgery because he thought he could play in the playoffs but that didn't happen. He will have to get check out by doctors. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 08:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Back injury is such a general term. I know he delayed his surgery because he thought he could play in the playoffs but that didn't happen. He will have to get check out by doctors. 

His insta shows him in the hospital, prepped for surgery.  It's happened already.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Finney has already signed with the Steelers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 07:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Last year was the first year Trai Turner didn't make the pro Bowl since his rookie year. Let's get JB a fellow LSU Tiger

He was putrid last year and below average the two years prior. '18-'19 gave up a combined 9 sacks and was a well below average run blocker. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2021, 12:09 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He was putrid last year and below average the two years prior. '18-'19 gave up a combined 9 sacks and was a well below average run blocker. 

He gave up 1 sack and committed 2 penalties last year 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2021, 12:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: He gave up 1 sack and committed 2 penalties last year 

He played in 9 games last year, the last one being only 17 snaps. He played 1/2 a seasons worth of snaps.

Doubling what he did last year to simulate a full season; 2 sacks, 4 qb hits, 32 hurries for a total of 38 pressures. That would have been the 2nd highest amount of pressures in his career. 

The previous two years he regressed a bit each year from 2017. Last year he fell off the cliff. He's the kind of risk that the Bengals need to get away from. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Rick Wagner
Reply/Quote
Would like any of Zeit, Reiff, Wagner, Schwartz or Gabe Jackson.

Hopefully a couple of these guys. Feiler didn't get cut but he is a FA which means he is a good option as well.
Reply/Quote