Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Star Voting
Not sure what's going on in the NL, but the AL has been all Royals. They have organized a really successful voting campaign, apparently running a contest where you get entered in to win autographs if you max out your votes on an email address.

The result is that Donaldson isn't starting at 3rd, Cruz is no longer winning the DH vote, and Adam Jones is 5th for outfielders behind Gordon and Alex Rios.

Alex Rios has played 13 games total for the Royals. He is batting .255. He wasn't even back from his injury before voting started.

Gotta love the fan vote.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Beyond ridiculous. Vote at the stadium with the punch card. Nothing else.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 07:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not sure what's going on in the NL, but the AL has been all Royals. They have organized a really successful voting campaign, apparently running a contest where you get entered in to win autographs if you max out your votes on an email address.

The result is that Donaldson isn't starting at 3rd, Cruz is no longer winning the DH vote, and Adam Jones is 5th for outfielders behind Gordon and Alex Rios.

Alex Rios has played 13 games total for the Royals. He is batting .255. He wasn't even back from his injury before voting started.

Gotta love the fan vote.

Name a good all star game in any sport.  They're all pretty lame.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 05:35 PM)McC Wrote: Name a good all star game in any sport.  They're all pretty lame.

I like watching the MLB ASG. You either get a great team pitching performance or a high scoring affair, sometimes both.

Plus it means something for some strange reason.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 05:45 PM)Stormborn Wrote: I like watching the MLB ASG. You either get a great team pitching performance or a high scoring affair, sometimes both.

Plus it means something for some strange reason.

The game itself is not bad.  The voting system has a major flaw.  Every all star game has a major flaw.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2015, 07:01 PM)McC Wrote: The game itself is not bad.  The voting system has a major flaw.  Every all star game has a major flaw.

It's not much of a voting problem, the fans should have some say in it.

The fans are just stupid though unfortunately.
Reply/Quote