Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All-Time Bengals team
QB, RB, FB, LT, LG, C, RG, RT, TE, WR1, & WR2.
Now as for defense, throughout our history we've run the 3-4 & 4-3. I'll let you decide which type of defense would compliment the perfect Bengals offense.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
QB, – Boomer
RB – Corey Dillon
FB – Icky
LT – Munoz
LG, Might Max Montoya
C – Bob Johnson
RG – Steinbach
RT – Whitworth (yeah I know)
TE – Dan Ross
WR1 AJ
WR2 Chad Johnson (not Ocho)
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 08:47 PM)Bryan Wrote: QB, RB, FB, LT, LG, C, RG, RT, TE, WR1, & WR2.
Now as for defense, throughout our history we've run the 3-4 & 4-3. I'll let you decide which type of defense would compliment the perfect Bengals offense.

We did something like this on the Mothership a few years back. Of course we did it one position at a time with a poll for each position. Get started on that series of threads now an we might be done by TC. But be warned you have to have a good grasp of our best players by position throughout history. Because when you think you've listed every possible option at a position poster #4 comes in with a "What about....?"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
As long as Fulcher makes the list...
Reply/Quote
Boomer Esiason QB

Corey Dillon & Jeremy Hill RB

AJ Green & TJ Houshmandzadah WR

Dan Ross TE

Anthony Munoz & Willie Anderson T

Rich Braham C

Max Montoya and Steinbach G

Carlos Dunlap & Justin Smith DE

Geno Atkins DT

Takeo Spikes, Vontaze Burfict, Reggie Williams, Odell Thurman LB

Leon Hall & Ken Riley CB

David Fulcher & Reggie Nelson S
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Hmmmmm.....

QB. Boomer

RBs. Dillon. James Brooks

WRs. Pickens. AJ. Chad

Line. Munoz. Whit. Montoya. Reimers. Steiny.

(TE Rodney Holman)

P Lee Johnson

K Breech

DTs. Atkins. Krumrie.

DEs. Dunlap. Bacon.

LBs. Burfict. Simmons. Spikes.

S. Nelson. Fulcher.

CBs. Parrish. Rattler.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This team with Boomer or Kenny and Sam would be jusst fine.

Reply/Quote
DTs. Mike Reid, Tim Krumrie.

DEs. Eddie Edwards, Ross Browner.

LBs. Bill Bergey, Jim LeClair, Takeo Spikes.

S. Tommy Casanova, David Fulcher.

CBs. Ken Riley, Lemar Parrish.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
QB- Ken Anderson
RB- Corey Dillon
FB- Lorenzo Neal
WR- Chad Johnson, Isaac Curtis
TE- Bob Trumpy
OL- Anthony Munoz, Eric Stienbach, Bruce Kozerski, Max Montoya, Willie Anderson
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
QB. Kenny Anderson

RBs. Corey Dillon, James Brooks

WRs. Isaac Curtis, Chad Johnson

TE. Dan Ross

Line. Anthony Munoz, Eric Steinbach, Bob Johnson, Max Montoya, Willie Anderson
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
QB - Boomer
RB - Dillion
FB - Neal
WR - Chad, Collinsworth
TE - Holman
LT - Munoz
LG - Whit
C - Kozerski
RG - Montoya
RT - Big Willie

DE - Dunlap, Smit
DT - Krumrie, Atkins
OLB - Williams, Spikes
MLB - Simmons
CB - Parrish, Riley
S - Fulcher, Nelson
K - Breech
P - Johnson
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 11:20 PM)Toy Cannon Wrote: DTs. Mike Reid, Tim Krumrie.

DEs. Eddie Edwards, Ross Browner.

LBs. Bill Bergey, Jim LeClair, Takeo Spikes.

S. Tommy Casanova, David Fulcher.

CBs. Ken Riley, Lemar Parrish.

I like your team but I would have taken Coy Bacon over Edwards.I think I heard he held
the unofficial record for most sacks in a season for some years while playing for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I thought I'd get mocked for having Reggie as one of my safeties. I tried to think of someone more deserving. The best I could do was Iloka. It's kinda a sad commentary on the teams safeties over the years.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
QB: Boomer
HB: Dillon
FB: Neal
WR1: Chad
WR2: A.J.
WR3: T.J.
TE: Holman
LT: Munoz
LG: Whitworth
C: Braham
RG: Montoya
RT: Anderson

There's a method to some of the madness. I listed three WR's instead of two since the last 15-20 years have seen more three WR sets, and because of all positions, the Bengals have had a ton of top flight WR's. In addition, I don't necessarily believe these three to be the best 3 overall, I think their styles would mesh nicely though.
Chad as the 1, he wouldn't always win at it, but he LOVED to be (and beat) double teams. People often forget that before he went loopy he had possibly the best hands in the NFL at a time the league was oozing WR talent.
A.J. as the 2, The "1 & 2" in this situation don't really exist, both are 1's really.
T.J. was a monster in the slot, loved to do the dirty work, and while he had an ego he was always exceptional as the sidekick. Three true 1's would be a nightmare to keep happy.

Boomer over Anderson and Neal over Ickey are both for the same purpose, running and running and running some more. Boomer was one of if not the best play-action QB the NFL has ever seen. That, combined with one of the best blocking FB's in NFL history and a prototypical bell cow HB, this team would MASH. If Ickey was the FB, Dillon wouldn't get enough touches to really get going. Ickey would, but Corey wouldn't.

Holman, same mentality, better pass catching options available, but he'd be best in the run game I think.

Whit got one of the guard spots due to the Bengals also having more deserving T's than spots to give. He started his career as a G, he played G out of necessity two years ago, it isn't a stretch.
Reply/Quote
I don't understand the Lorenzo Neal selections by some people. He was only here a couple years and our running game and Corey Dllon's production and yards per carry actually went DOWN after we signed him.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2015, 12:10 AM)Joe Pong Wrote: I don't understand the Lorenzo Neal selections by some people. He was only here a couple years and our running game and Corey Dllon's production and yards per carry actually went DOWN after we signed him.

He was one of, if not the best, blocking FB the NFL has seen in the last 35 years. Played two seasons here, 2nd alternate, and 1st team Pro-Bowl respectively. If you're building an All-Time Bengals team as the thread suggests, and you prefer a blocking back over a rusher out of the FB position, the Bengals (and most every other NFL team) haven't had a better blocking FB than Lorenzo Neal. The guy blocked like a tackle, and if he was your FB you could trot out the Head Coach's Grandmother at HB and she'd run for 1,000. That's why people are picking him. If Dillon's numbers dipped, it wasn't because of Neal.

Plus, Dillon's three best seasons with the Bengals were 2000-2002, his best being 2000 when he went insane and broke the rushing record against the #2 rush D in the NFL defying all known logic. The other two are the two Neal was here, the drop-off is minimal.
Reply/Quote
QB - Carson Palmer
RB - Corey Dillon
WR - AJ Green
WR - Carl Pickens
WR - Chris Henry
WR - TJ Houshmanzadeh
LT - Anthony Munoz
LG - Max Montoya
C - Dave Rimington
RG - Kevin Zeitler
RT - Willie Anderson
Reply/Quote
QB Ken Anderson
OT Munoz W Anderson
G Montoya B Williams
C Bob Johnson
TE Trumpy Holman
WR Curtis Chad Johnson
RB Dillon
FB Pete Johnson
3rd down back J Brooks

DE Edwards Bacon
DT Krumrie Reid
LB RWilliams Bergey Francis
CB Riley Parrish
S. Fulcher Casanova
Reply/Quote
DE - Carlos Dunlap
DT - Geno Atkins
DT - Sam Adams
DE - Michael Johnson
LB - Vontaze Burfict
LB - Odell Thurman
LB - Takeo Spikes
CB - Jonathon Joseph
CB - Leon Hall
SS - David Fulcher
FS - Darryl Williams
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2015, 12:47 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: DE - Carlos Dunlap
DT - Geno Atkins
DT - Sam Adams
DE - Michael Johnson
LB - Vontaze Burfict
LB - Odell Thurman
LB - Takeo Spikes
CB - Jonathon Joseph
CB - Leon Hall
SS - David Fulcher
FS - Darryl Williams

Half this defense is guys currently on the team. No excuse not to shut out every team we play this season, I guess...
Reply/Quote