Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All-Time Bengals team
(05-16-2015, 12:58 AM)Joe Pong Wrote: Half this defense is guys currently on the team. No excuse not to shut out every team we play this season, I guess...

Unfortunately we are missing the big run stuffing DT and most of the athletic LBs. Of course, the 2 stud safeties are absent as well.
Reply/Quote
I'm just going to list my team based on who I've seen play (1993-present)

QB - Boomer
RB - Dillon
FB - Jeremi Johnson
WR - Chad - AJ
TE - Tony McGee
LT - Whit
LG - Steinbach
C - Braham
RG - Zeitler
RT - Willie

DE - Alfred Williams - Justin Smith
DT - Atkins - Big Daddy
OLB - Spikes - Burfict
MLB - Simmons
CB - JJo - Leon (close 3rd and 4th to Deltha and Ambrose)
S - Nelson - Daryl Williams
K - Shayne
P - Johnson
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Now I'm a bit younger, but I am seeing a TON of Boomer love on here. I was always under the impression that Anderson was pretty easily the best QB in Bengals history.

Every talks about how hall worthy Anderson is, but no one seems to care that Boomer isn't in.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Qb- Boomer
Rb-Dillion
FB-Neal
Lt-Munoz
Lg-Whitworth
C-Barham
Rg-Bobbie Williams
Rt-Anderson
Wr- Chad Johnson
Wr- AJ Green
TE- Gresham

DE- Coy Bacon
Dt-Krumie
Dt- Atkins
DE- Justin Smith
OLB- Spikes
MLB-B Simmons
OLB-Vontaz
CB- Riely
S- Fultcher
S-Casanova
CB-Parrish
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2015, 02:32 AM)MrRager Wrote: Now I'm a bit younger, but I am seeing a TON of Boomer love on here. I was always under the impression that Anderson was pretty easily the best QB in Bengals history.

Every talks about how hall worthy Anderson is, but no one seems to care that Boomer isn't in.

Anderson and Boomer are close enough that it's personal preference really. Fact is, neither are in the HOF and neither probably ever will be.

Anderson was great at times, he had some years where he was was setting efficiency records. He also had numerous years where he pretty well stunk. The Bengals even tried to replace him with the Throwin Samoan.

Again, it was close, and I just prefer Boomer for his arm, leadership and play action.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2015, 02:32 AM)MrRager Wrote: Now I'm a bit younger, but I am seeing a TON of Boomer love on here. I was always under the impression that Anderson was pretty easily the best QB in Bengals history.

Anderson is, without a doubt, the best QB in bengal history. If you look at most of these lists, it's safe to assume most fans on here never watched the bengals prior to about 1990. But at least Boomer led us to two playoff appearances during his time here, so it's not too ridiculous. Selections like Braham and Steinbach are just kind of silly though.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 08:58 PM)Shady Wrote: QB, – Boomer
RB – Corey Dillon
FB – Icky
LT – Munoz
LG, Might Max Montoya
C – Bob Johnson
RG – Steinbach
RT – Whitworth (yeah I know)
TE –  Dan Ross
WR1 AJ
WR2 Chad Johnson (not Ocho)

That is actually pretty good.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 08:47 PM)Bryan Wrote: QB, RB, FB, LT, LG, C, RG, RT, TE, WR1, & WR2.
Now as for defense, throughout our history we've run the 3-4 & 4-3. I'll let you decide which type of defense would compliment the perfect Bengals offense.

QB: Ken Anderson
RB: James Brooks
FB: Lorenzo Neal
LT: Anthony Munoz (and anyone who says otherwise needs to never post again)
LG: Max Montoya
C: Dave Lapham (just to piss people off, but hey, he played all five positions)
RG: Bobbie Williams
LT: Andrew Whitworth (yes, I did steal this idea from Shady, and it is genius)
TE: Dan Ross
WR: Isaac Curtis
WR: Cris Collinsworth (yeah, f.u. too - you would have cried even louder if I said Chad, so whatever)

Defense: put Tim Krumrie at tackle and make it a 3-4 with him at nose of a 4-3 with whoemever next to him and I am good - I will say additionally I would like to see Reggie Williams at LB and Ken Riley at CB and the rest I really don't have super strong opinions on, at least I don't seem to now anyway...
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2015, 02:13 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: Anderson is, without a doubt, the best QB in bengal history. If you look at most of these lists, it's safe to assume most fans on here never watched the bengals prior to about 1990. But at least Boomer led us to two playoff appearances during his time here, so it's not too ridiculous. Selections like Braham and Steinbach are just kind of silly though.

People make their selections based on their own criteria...so there's nothing silly about it.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 09:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We did something like this on the Mothership a few years back. Of course we did it one position at a time with a poll for each position. Get started on that series of threads now an we might be done by TC. But be warned you have to have a good grasp of our best players by position throughout history. Because when you think you've listed every possible option at a position poster #4 comes in with a "What about....?"

I think this would be a great idea and something we should try on the boards here.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 09:13 PM)Harmening Wrote: As long as Fulcher makes the list...

Wow........could you imagine how many flags guys like Fulcher and Atwater would see in today's NFL.
Reply/Quote
QB: Boomer Esiason
RB: Corey Dillon
FB: Ickey Woods
WR: A.J. Greem
WR: Chad Johnson
TE: Bob Trumpy
LT: Anthony Munoz
LG: Dave Lapham
C: Rich Braham
RG: Max Montoya
RT: Willie Anderson

RE: Justin Smith
DT: Geno Atkins
DT: Tim Krumrie
LE: Coy Bacon
OLB: Vontaze Burfict
MLB: Takeo Spikes
OLB: Bill Bergey
CB:Ken Riley
CB: Lemar Parrish
SS: David Fulcher
FS: Solomon Wilcotts

K: Jim Breech
P: Kevin Huber

KR: Peter Warrick
PR: Adam Jones
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2015, 06:53 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Wow........could you imagine how many flags guys like Fulcher and Atwater would see in today's NFL.

I'd more interested in seeing Deacon Jones. He would be losing money per game due to fines and suspensions.
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote