Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
All-Time NFL Postseason Standings
(01-26-2017, 11:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Know them well,

Kinda took a liking to seven/7's this season. I'm getting soft in my older days I guess. I have a hard time watching the entire game without taking the edge off a little, anymore.

I only drink when I'm happy.  My house has been dry since Week Two.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 08:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This seems pretty similar to the off-season following the 2010 debacle, but now Marvin doesn't have a handful of scapegoat vets to divert fan criticism.

Does he even care about fan criticism?  Sure doesn't seem like it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 11:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: After seeing where Cincinnati stands in historical postseason play I'm going to need new friends: Jack, Jim, Dan, Johnny, and Jose.

LOL LMAO
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 06:58 PM)Millhouse Wrote: [Image: 4355610.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The bottom line is that the Bengals have spent the last 26 years employing a GM 0 other NFL teams would employ for a second; the fact that he is the owner is irrelevant.
Reply/Quote
This thread often tempers my expectations for a season. We've been a franchise for 50 years and won 5 playoff games total. That's 1 every 10 years.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 02:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This thread often tempers my expectations for a season. We've been a franchise for 50 years and won 5 playoff games total. That's 1 every 10 years.

If we're lucky maybe this season we'll get the one playoff win we're due for years 51-60.

[Image: 7bcc78406a9c20dddcde613f21117bca.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'm still a fan.. I quit worrying about it long ago. If we win A playoff game then great. Eventually we'll have a championship and when it finally happens my great great great great grandkids can say, 'Well it's about time, but man, my great great great great grandfather sure was a sucker for that team! ' I shall be remembered. My dad was a Browns fan back when they were winning championships.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Haha - we should win due to sheer probability.
Reply/Quote
The real sad part is the Bengals need to win eight postseason games (more if there's another loss) just to get to .500.

EDIT - Thanks, Marvin.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 02:09 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: And to think, we had a 5-6 playoff record before Marvin came here.

5-7 playoff record before MB took over is the correct way to say it.

Once MB took control the Bengals didn't 'MAKE' the playoffs until Marvin came!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 11:52 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The real sad part is the Bengals need to win eight postseason games (more if there's another loss) just to get to .500.

EDIT - Thanks, Marvin.

You're right.  But there's always the possibility that without Marvin, and MB at the helm, the Bengals could still have a better playoff percentage, .416 (5-7), instead of .380 (5-14), but the Bengals streak without a playoff 'appearance' would extend from 14 years to 25 years!  You can't win a playoff game unless you 'make' the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 02:26 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: You're right.  But there's always the possibility that without Marvin, and MB at the helm, the Bengals could still have a better playoff percentage, .416 (5-7), instead of .380 (5-14), but the Bengals streak without a playoff 'appearance' would extend from 14 years to 25 years!  You can't win a playoff game unless you 'make' the playoffs.

That's one scenario. The other is, incompetent Mike could have gotten completely out of the way and allowed a real football person hire a really good coach and the Bengals could have a Lombardi or two. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 02:26 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: You're right.  But there's always the possibility that without Marvin, and MB at the helm, the Bengals could still have a better playoff percentage, .416 (5-7), instead of .380 (5-14), but the Bengals streak without a playoff 'appearance' would extend from 14 years to 25 years!  You can't win a playoff game unless you 'make' the playoffs.

Since Bengal fans can only hope for a playoff victory, let alone a Lombardi, which scenario, of the 2 above, would you prefer?

1. A better playoff winning percentage at .416 with 25 years of zero playoff births.

2. The current playoff winning percentage of .380 with 7 playoff births in the last 12 years.
Reply/Quote

Absolutely. Both result in the same number of playoff wins though.
The only upside to losing so much in the playoffs is that the regular season was actually enjoyable.
So yea, it's better than not going at all, but still sucks.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 02:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's one scenario. The other is, incompetent Mike could have gotten completely out of the way and allowed a real football person hire a really good coach and the Bengals could have a Lombardi or two. 

As mom used to say, "You can wish that in one hand and poop in the other and see which hand fills up the quickest!!"  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
23 teams have been to the Super Bowl since we last won a single playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 04:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And fans talk about how successful the Bengals have been recently. This franchise has never experienced much success. You could say that EVERY other NFL franchise has experienced more.

Yikes.  That one stings just reading it.
Reply/Quote
You know......there are dead horses and then there are fossilized horses. Guess which one this whole Bengals post season argument falls in..
I'm thinking this team is way under rated and the eclipse is a sign..not that I believe in such gibberish, but it sounds good. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I just love a good history lesson.
Reply/Quote