Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All in on offense
Free agency hasn't been the most exciting yet. But not throwing big dollars at free agents to me seems to indicate that the front office is focussed on keeping our big 3 together long term. I think this is actually exciting and that we will be able to plug holes going forward. Anyone with me?

(I'm still worried about our OL)
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:41 PM)likwit19 Wrote: Free agency hasn't been the most exciting yet. But not throwing big dollars at free agents to me seems to indicate that the front office is focussed on keeping our big 3 together long term. I think this is actually exciting and that we will be able to plug holes going forward. Anyone with me?

I'm one of those that would rather spend much more money on the OL than WR2.
My worry/fear is the Bengals potentially dumping money into Higgins but continuing to neglect OL when it comes to higher-priced guys.
Bengals don't have a single OL making $10+ mill.
And while Karras and Cappa are playing well, shelling out for one OT could really help boost the OL as a whole.
Not necessarily this year, but at least down the road.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:41 PM)likwit19 Wrote: Free agency hasn't been the most exciting yet. But not throwing big dollars at free agents to me seems to indicate that the front office is focussed on keeping our big 3 together long term. I think this is actually exciting and that we will be able to plug holes going forward. Anyone with me?

Can't sign deals till after 4pm bengals don't generally announce anything till ink is hitting paper
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm one of those that would rather spend much more money on the OL than WR2.
My worry/fear is the Bengals potentially dumping money into Higgins but continuing to neglect OL when it comes to higher-priced guys.
Bengals don't have a single OL making $10+ mill.
And while Karras and Cappa are playing well, shelling out for one OT could really help boost the OL as a whole.
Not necessarily this year, but at least down the road.

Mcshay is mocking Oklahoma Left Tackle Anton Harrison to the Bengals.   6 foot 5  315 pounds.

With Jonah Williams on his 5th year option, the Bengals may be looking for his long term replacement.

*They Drafted Dax Hill in round 1 last year to replace a starter in 2023, so this year's first round pick may be to set up as a replacement in 2024.

I wonder what other players/positions could fit this type of first round replacement concept that could help tip off what position the Bengals may draft in round 1 this year ?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 02:08 PM)depthchart Wrote: Mcshay is mocking Oklahoma Left Tackle Anton Harrison to the Bengals.   6 foot 5  315 pounds.

With Jonah Williams on his 5th year option, the Bengals may be looking for his long term replacement.

*They Drafted Dax Hill in round 1 last year to replace a starter in 2023, so this year's first round pick may be to set up as a replacement in 2024.

I wonder what other players/positions could fit this type of first round replacement concept that could help tip off what position the Bengals may draft in round 1 this year ?

They could, although they'll need to do more in FA to have a luxury of a 1st rounder riding the bench for a year.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Can't sign deals till after 4pm bengals don't generally announce anything till ink is hitting paper

Bengals don’t need to release it, it would leak. We haven’t signed any FA not previously on the bengals
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 01:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Can't sign deals till after 4pm bengals don't generally announce anything till ink is hitting paper

Ya know, maybe that's why we haven't heard of anyone else getting added other than Pratt.
Wasn't really thinking of that.
Got a little less than 3 hours until we find out.
ThumbsUp
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 02:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They could, although they'll need to do more in FA to have a luxury of a 1st rounder riding the bench for a year.

Sometimes a rookie tackle may win a starting Guard spot his rookie year while he develops.

Also an injury could force him into competing for starting action his rookie year.

Seattle had success with their rookie tackle that they Drafted last year.

I could see them going this type of direction.

It will be interesting to see what they do.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 02:18 PM)depthchart Wrote: Sometimes a rookie tackle may win a starting Guard spot his rookie year while he develops.

Also an injury could force him into competing for starting action his rookie year.

Seattle had success with their rookie tackle that they Drafted last year.

I could see them going this type of direction.

It will be interesting to see what they do.

IMO the starting IOL is set.
Only potential opening is RT while Collins recovers, whoever is doing it could keep it if they are playing well when Collins is ready to come back.
Per Pollack, Carman and Adeniji are "in the mix" for that responsibility.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 02:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ya know, maybe that's why we haven't heard of anyone else getting added other than Pratt.
Wasn't really thinking of that.
Got a little less than 3 hours until we find out.
ThumbsUp

I highly doubt it.  Pretty much every "deal" gets announced by the agent.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 02:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: IMO the starting IOL is set.
Only potential opening is RT while Collins recovers, whoever is doing it could keep it if they are playing well when Collins is ready to come back.
Per Pollack, Carman and Adeniji are "in the mix" for that responsibility.

What about signing Jonah Williams long term after this season is over ?

If the Bengals don't plan to sign him, then that may drive the first round pick choice.
Reply/Quote
As you know, I am for building from the trenches out more than overpaying for a #2 WR even if it is Tee. But that DOES
seem like that is the approach this Offseason. To pay Burrow, Tee and pay Chase big next year. We can add Eluemunor still
for RT and draft my guy Darnell Wright at 28 or even trade up for him which I am not against. Wright can play RT or LT.

This Draft is stacked with talented TE's, any type you like it has it. Blockers in Washington, Durham, Strange that can catch,
pass catchers in Kraft, LaPorta, Whyle, Kincaid, Kuntz that could learn to block etc.

Lots of good to great RB talent as well in Gibbs, Spears, Chase Brown, Roschon Johnson, Travis Dye I could go on...

We could really stack up on Offense, just want the OL taken care of like every frickin' year lmao
Reply/Quote
Speed. That is going to be a high priority.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
If that's the case then it's a dumb strategy.

As much as I love Tee he is more of a luxury than a need. Whoever plays opposite of Chase and has Burrow as thier QB is living in a dream scenario as WR. They're a number of WRs that would put up great numbers without Tees upcoming contract.

We made it too a Superbowl and a AFC championship game through great Defensive. We should have done everything in our power to keep Bates and then we should have added a Interior pass rusher.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Last year they announced both Karras and Cappa the very first day of the "tampering period."  Then we sweated until they actually signed the contracts, especially since Brady unretired and was trying to get Cappa back.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 02:55 PM)J24 Wrote: If that's the case then it's a dumb strategy.

As much as I love Tee he is more of a luxury than a need. Whoever plays opposite of Chase and has Burrow as thier QB is living in a dream scenario as WR. They're a number of WRs that would put up great numbers without Tees upcoming contract.

We made it too a Superbowl and a AFC championship game through great Defensive. We should have done everything in our power to keep Bates and then we should have added a Interior pass rusher.

Maybe it is just like FA and they are blowing smoke as well. I don't have a clue what we are going to do. We might be using Tee 
as a bargaining chip for a big time trade for all we know by acting like we are going to sign him back to a big extension. It would
not surprise me. 

Build up the OL in the meantime and keep our Defense tops could still be the strategy and I think this is the right one.

(03-15-2023, 02:58 PM)Nepa Wrote: Last year they announced both Karras and Cappa the very first day of the "tampering period."  Then we sweated until they actually signed the contracts, especially since Brady unretired and was trying to get Cappa back.

Plus Ogunjobi's deal falling through with the Bears kind of made us all cling to our seats. 

Even though that only happens like 1% of the time.
Reply/Quote
Until we sign players, it's hard to say what our strategy is.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 02:58 PM)Nepa Wrote: Last year they announced both Karras and Cappa the very first day of the "tampering period."  Then we sweated until they actually signed the contracts, especially since Brady unretired and was trying to get Cappa back.

Someone Did but not the Bengals.
Reply/Quote