Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All the 6th round picks
What do you guys think we do with all these 6th round picks? Do we keep them. Do we package some for another 4th?

If we keep even 4 of them, I say screw it it draft a kicker. Matt gay from utah is a hell of a choice.
Reply/Quote
I would like them to use them to get another 4th so that they can nab a second LBer and also a defensive lineman.
Reply/Quote
Draft 6 field goal holders.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Tom Brady v.2.0 and/or Antonio Brown v2.0 are in this draft. Guess which team has the highest odds of drafting them!!!!! Bingo!!!
Reply/Quote
Make all 6th round choices LB and let them all fight it out. They are making almost all ratings of the college players as they are now, some have peeked already and are already on the down turn, many have plateaued and have earned their draft ratings and quite a few will still improve as they get older. Saying 6th rounders are useless is usually true for teams that are stacked, this team is not stacked.

You might see a trade up but there may not be any trade partners. In all honesty, this is where I would probably grab at least three offensive linemen if they don't grab another one in the fourth or fifth round. I like Hopkins but I also don't want him to be comfortable as the back-up. I want all of the back-ups to be pushed and having potential cheap replacements in camp lights a fire under many a player.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Better question...how many of these scrubs will be in the opening day 53? I’ll say 2 at best. Low-round comp picks and trading down, Bengals have hacked the NFL draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 12:49 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: What do you guys think we do with all these 6th round picks? Do we keep them. Do we package some for another 4th?

If we keep even 4 of them, I say screw it it draft a kicker. Matt gay from utah is a hell of a choice.

I guess I'd rather have more dice to roll in a crapshoot.
Reply/Quote
They will probably trade them all for just 1 7 rounder pick.
Reply/Quote
I figure it's a numbers game. The more live bodies who want to play in the NFL the better. 6th round picks are often stars as evidenced many times in the league. http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d8286886b/best-late-round-nfl-draft-steals-since-merger  There have been some very good late round picks, but on the same old 45 rpm record there's always the other song nobody ever remembered. I'm not saying it's 50/50. It's probably more like 80/20, but the more late round picks you have the better your odds are of finding a decent player or two. Then there's also the chance (about the same odds of a hundred dollar bill finding its way from a hidden spot in your dresser drawer to your fresh laundry and right into your favorite pair of pants pocket) of catching 5 starters in the 6th round.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I made a thread in the draft forum on the topic of their trade value recently. The total of the 5 (before adding another yesterday) was 49 points. To put it in perspective Denver still owes us 4 more 6th round picks from yesterday as we got the bad end of the deal.
Reply/Quote
Typical cincy... stock up on low pay low caliber players.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:07 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If Tom Brady v.2.0 and/or Antonio Brown v2.0 are in this draft. Guess which team has the highest odds of drafting them!!!!! Bingo!!!

Sadly... the patriots probably still have better odds of finding the next great 6th rounder lol
Reply/Quote
Keep in mind that due to our overall lack of depth our PS has been garbage. We could use these picks plus the returning injured guys from last years draft to fill it. Especially with new systems that need different style players.

But it would be better to use some of that to trade up
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Best K
Best P
At least 1 WR we are all going to insist is going to be uncoverable
Reply/Quote
Welp, they traded off two of the picks and a 4th to get their backup QB and then traded another one and a 5th to move up to get Michael Jordan.

Then they picked up a much higher rated RB, a pretty solid MLB and then another RB that fell due to injuries and will most likely be on the PS for a year preparing for 2020.

Not a bad use of the 6th rounders.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Bengals shine with moving their 6th round picks.. nice job
Reply/Quote