Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All the starters go Thursday Ross out
(08-20-2019, 04:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not saying ZT is ever wrong so much as he's "not right" so let me take your point and rephrase it.  ZT was NOT RIGHT about the severity of Williams and Green (because he isn't a doctor AND AND AND he's supposed to keep spirits high), so I wouldn't be surprised if he is NOT RIGHT about Ross.

Again ZT was never wrong about Williams.

If you are going to keep making that claim then post a link to ZT saying when Williams was going to return.

All you are doing is focusing on the ONE incident that supports your negative position and ignoring all the other cases where players returned when they were supposed to.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 04:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Again ZT was never wrong about Williams.

If you are going to keep making that claim then post a link to ZT saying when Williams was going to return.

All you are doing is focusing on the ONE incident that supports your negative position and ignoring all the other cases where players returned when they were supposed to.

Meh, ok fine ZT wasn't wrong about Williams...he wasn't right, but he wasn't wrong.  Therefore, Ross will be ready when ZT says he is...or he won't because ZT isn't a doctor so why are we even bothering talking to him about injuries?

Ross will be fine. Or maybe Ross is dinged-up and ready for the IR.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 02:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote:
I'm not saying he's a liar, I'm saying he's a mouthpiece for the organization
and they want to keep the consumers in the dark about stuff.  It's sort of like how tobacco companies had to be forced to tell people smoking was bad for them...or something.  I mean, it says MAY be harmful on there, so smoke up!

Bill Belichick called and said he was never hired to be a mouthpiece, he was not hired to entertain the media and fans, he was hired to win football games.

Coaches are not mouthpieces of anything, that is fan speak to me. They are football coach with a responsibility to win games.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 04:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bill Belichick called and said he was never hired to be a mouthpiece, he was not hired to entertain the media and fans, he was hired to win football games.

Coaches are not mouthpieces of anything, that is fan speak to me. They are football coach with a responsibility to win games.

I must have missed the point where Bill Belichick agreed to work for Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 01:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I realize there is more to it than just Ross, but we are 2-5 in games where he has a TD.  Hopefully more of his 2019 TDs will be impactful and not just garbage time stat-padders.  He did catch TDs in games vs the Colts and Falcons before the whole season went to crapola, I just feel like a season with so much garbage time would have led to more more more TDs and more more more receptions.

True, just saying it is still something. 

Would rather Ross be scoring clutch TD's to help us win games that is for sure.

But anyone saying we should cut Ross i will just ignore. That would really help the team. Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 12:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Then you'll look the way you looked with your "what are you talking about". When it was clear to everyone who....... read the thread.

But carry on.

Except I do know what I'm talking about.
I stated on the second page that Ross's estimate was 2 weeks since July 29.
ochocincos Wrote:The original estimate for Ross was he would miss two weeks.
Quote:There was a comment from JP that said this (which wasn't actually proven to be true with any evidence)
Quote:Ross has been day to day since the start of this camp on July 27 that will be one month on Saturday.

MC then said (also with no link to confirm)
Quote:I'm pretty sure it has been REPEATEDLY STATED that is the coaches who are holding Ross out and not Ross making a choice.

You then said...
Quote:So we've gone from day to day, to he's not injured at all it's ZT holding him back, to it was an estimated 2 week recovery?

The reason I said "what are you talking about? it's been an estimated 2 weeks since July 29" was because I was the first person who commented in the thread about timeline for Ross with the actual correct information, but others were saying things that were never fully reported. So I meant based on what the sources were saying, not what every other poster claimed to be fact without providing source. Basically, I'm saying don't believe everything on this board unless someone can provide you with a source confirming the statement. I was able to provide the source for my statement.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 04:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote:   Therefore, Ross will be ready when ZT says he is...or he won't because ZT isn't a doctor so why are we even bothering talking to him about injuries?

Ross will be fine.  Or maybe Ross is dinged-up and ready for the IR.

**sigh**

(08-20-2019, 02:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/06/11/jonah-williams-injury-zac-taylor-wont-speculate/

During the media session, Taylor said Williams suffered a setback and “got dinged up” last week, according to the team’s website. But he refused to speculate on what the issue might be until the offensive tackle gets diagnosed by doctors.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 04:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, ok fine ZT wasn't wrong about Williams...he wasn't right, but he wasn't wrong.  

Yes he was right about Williams.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 05:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes he was right about Williams.

Because he was dinged up?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 05:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Because he was dinged up?

Yes.

Did ZT ever deny that Williams was dinged up?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 05:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.

Did ZT ever deny that Williams was dinged up?

He didn't. That wily fox kept the door open for anything between a paper cut and season ending IR.  Odd to think we should have faith Ross isn't seriously hurt because ZT didn't use a term with the severity of "dinged up" but here we are. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 05:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote:   Odd to think we should have faith Ross isn't seriously hurt because ZT didn't use a term with the severity of "dinged up" but here we are. 

You are still not getting it.

The fact that ZT never said Ross was "dinged up" has zero to do with it.  The fact is that most injured Bengals return when the team say they will.  The only fans who don't get it are the ones obsessed with being negative.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 06:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are still not getting it.

The fact that ZT never said Ross was "dinged up" has zero to do with it.  The fact is that most injured Bengals return when the team say they will.  The only fans who don't get it are the ones obsessed with being negative.

What's ZTs record on this so far?  I'll admit, I got pessimistic about Jonah and AJ.  
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 05:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He didn't. That wily fox kept the door open for anything between a paper cut and season ending IR.  Odd to think we should have faith Ross isn't seriously hurt because ZT didn't use a term with the severity of "dinged up" but here we are. 

Why are we so worked up over Ross? According to the vast majority here, he's a bum. Never seen so many people ready to storm the castle...You guys are acting like you are financially invested in the Bengals. You're not. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 06:42 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Why are we so worked up over Ross? According to the vast majority here, he's a bum. Never seen so many people ready to storm the castle...You guys are acting like you are financially invested in the Bengals. You're not. 

His bum status hinges greatly upon his inability to stay healthy. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 06:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What's ZTs record on this so far?  I'll admit, I got pessimistic about Jonah and AJ.  

Price was back at practice BEFORE he was projected to be.

Everyone else who missed time from practice seems to be ready to go.

Seems like you are a little too obsessed with the negative.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 06:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Price was back at practice BEFORE he was projected to be.

Everyone else who missed time from practice seems to be ready to go.

Seems like you are a little too obsessed with the negative.

Ya got me Fred, I'm a cynic when it comes to the Bengals. I'd say my pessimism is warranted but hell why not put on a happy face?  

Godspeed, Ross.

Side note, I focus less on the negative with other sporting squads I follow.

EDIT - Wait a minute, if you look at Rotoworld damn near every update on Ross since April is either negative OR about him changing the number on his jersey. I'm not being negative about Ross, the dude is just straight-up bad news and ZT being all diplomatic about it MIGHT not pay off. I'm expecting more bad news about Ross until I see otherwise.

And I'm only saying I expect more bad news...I'm not saying I'm 100% sure there WILL be more bad news (so I can't technically be wrong).
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 10:00 AM)ochocincos Wrote: That's fair, but once again it's not his fault he was drafted that high. That's the Bengals' fault. The dude was a game changer when on the field at Washington. He had 81 receptions and 18 TDs his final year. They knew how to utilize his skill set properly.

What can't be disputed:
- Ross's injuries have kept him from the field thus far
- Ross hiding his injury his rookie year didn't help matters
- Ross's lack of availability has limited his ability to learn the offense enough that he still had (has?) mishaps when actually on the field.

Regarding using injury though as for a reason why a player wasn't worth a 1st round pick, I think that's unfair. Would you say the same about Eifert? Eifert wasn't some perennial 700+ yard TE in his rookie deal. His career has been derailed by injuries too. But his talent justified a 1st round pick. You'll never know if or when injuries occur. And yes, I've criticized Eifert staying healthy, but that was in regards to re-signing him, not about cutting him during his rookie contract.

I guess here's my ultimate stance. John Ross still counts just over $10 mill against the cap the next two years whether he's cut or not. At this point, his stock is so low that there's not really any value in trading him. If he doesn't blossom by the end of his rookie deal, then there's no reason to re-sign him and the Bengals can move on. And with next year's crop of WRs in the draft, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Bengals go with a WR on Day 1 or Day 2 if Ross doesn't blossom by the end of this season.

lol bro when u compare ross to eifert ur missing one HUGE difference lol Eifert has proven to be not just good but a top 3 pro bowl tight end in this league.  ross has proven nothing of that.  yea both have been injured too much in their career but i can promise u right now that the hate on ross wouldnt be the same if we had a pro bowl season from out #9 pick since entering the league.  we know eifert and how good he is.  ross at  this point is nothing but the injury prone little fragile receiver we knew he was when taking him at SMH #9.  comparing eifert to ross due to injuries and why we dont treat him the same is comparing apples to oranges and pretty easy to know the major difference.  ross is an unknown waste of a pick at this point, we keep resigning eifert cuz when healthy we know what he can do.  cmon man.  ross is trash eifert is a pro bowler....facts
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 07:52 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: lol bro when u compare ross to eifert ur missing one HUGE difference lol Eifert has proven to be not just good but a top 3 pro bowl tight end in this league.  ross has proven nothing of that.  yea both have been injured too much in their career but i can promise u right now that the hate on ross wouldnt be the same if we had a pro bowl season from out #9 pick since entering the league.  we know eifert and how good he is.  ross at  this point is nothing but the injury prone little fragile receiver we knew he was when taking him at SMH #9.  comparing eifert to ross due to injuries and why we dont treat him the same is comparing apples to oranges and pretty easy to know the major difference.  ross is an unknown waste of a pick at this point, we keep resigning eifert cuz when healthy we know what he can do.  cmon man.  ross is trash eifert is a pro bowler....facts

You are half right, Eifert was a pro bowler years ago.

As for Ross, one injury riddled year, second year better injury wise and 7 TD's so some results.

Trash is a bit much for 1 year.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 08:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You are half right, Eifert was a pro bowler years ago.

As for Ross, one injury riddled year, second year better injury wise and 7 TD's so some results.

Trash is a bit much for 1 year.

half right... maybe. not sure if 1 injury riddled year is true either. one of the big red flags with ross prior to even making the ridiculous pick at #9 was his list of injuries even coming into the league...this has been an ongoing problem from one level of football to the next. continues to follow him everywhere he goes. if this wasnt the big concern already with ross coming into the league he wouldnt be getting the crap that hes getting from this fan base but it was exactly why alot of people didnt want ross especially inside the top 10. too many injuires and here we are 2 years into his career and its the same ole story.

7 tds from our #9 overall pick....  that's inexcusable.  thats bs, thats trash.  Him as a person fine not trash his production to this point and where he was drafted is trash.  Hes injury prone still, drops the football cant run the right routes cant hold onto the football cant find the field, cant figure out the playbook, doesnt play with confidence and imo plays too small for this league.  hes not a physical player.  doesnt play with a chip...do i think that some of that could change as he gets more snaps... absolutely as with any player but he cant find the field and this is a problem that has now carried over from his college days to the NFL career and was exactly why i didnt want anything to do with him at 9.  yet here we are... stuck. 
Reply/Quote