Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All the starters go Thursday Ross out
(08-18-2019, 10:35 PM)Whatever Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/8/18/20811212/bengals-news-cordy-glenn-trayveon-williams-john-ross-injury-drew-sample

Taylor said today they were hopeful Ross would return to practice tomorrow.  I don't think anything has really been said about him playing in week 3 one way or the other.

_It doesn’t look like wide receiver John Ross (hamstring) is going to be out there because Sunday he was again on the rehab field. So when does he get his tune-up? 

I was just going by this could things change by game time ? I suppose

And I'm not trying to dog the man out. I believe to a degree, fair or unfair, warranted or not ? He wasn't done any favors by the prior staff. Was some of it his fault ? no doubt

But it's still disappointing if he's unable to go, again
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 10:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, Eifert plays and gets spectacularly hurt...Ross just always has something wrong with him that keeps him off the field.  When Ross gives his all on a play and part of him shatters, then we'll talk.

Oy, Ross.  The guy just seems like a player who at any moment before any game can be inactive and you'll just be like "Meh, figures."

People just need to give up on him, quit taking it personally, stop acting like nobody ever missed on a first round pick and just move on.  If he ever does anything, it's just gravy. 
The milk spilled.  It is what it is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The thing about the article I really liked was about M. Jordan maybe starting before the season is over.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 11:28 PM)McC Wrote: People just need to give up on him, quit taking it personally, stop acting like nobody ever missed on a first round pick and just move on.  If he ever does anything, it's just gravy. 
The milk spilled.  It is what it is.

Not to mention it was a stupid ass pick to begin with.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 10:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: And Eifert's injuries were little crap?  

You missed my point. I think the whole Eifert award thing is crap, but that said, I figure it goes to the person who always has some little excuse not to be on the field. 
Reply/Quote
Everyone Who can go will play...except this long list of guys who may or may not go... It would be nice if just once this team would embrace the idea of specifics, but vague is in vogue..  Whatever That should be the new team motto.. Vague is in vogue..  We MIGHT be a great team or we might not be a great team The Bengals MIGHT suck, but they might not.. They should change the name of the stadium to almost reflect the Reds stadium.. The "We're not sure if we're the GREAT American Ball Park or the Horrible American Ball Park.."  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 09:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-everybody-who-can-go-plays-thursday

Interesting on M. Jordan in about the middle.

The original estimate for Ross was he would miss two weeks. It's now been officially 3 weeks and he now won't play in the game where the starters play the most snaps. I've been possibly one of the biggest Ross supporters on this board and even I'm getting frustrated at this point.

The biggest thing going for Ross though is that neither Malone nor Core has done enough to capitalize on Ross's absence, so I think he's safe. I will say though that if both AJ and Ross miss the first week(s) of the regular season, this offense could definitely struggle. There would be no real outside receiving threats and the defense would likely focus inside the numbers and toward the LOS.

On thing to note too is Glenn might not go. That would leave Andre Smith or O'Shea Dugas to cover LT in arguably the most important game of the preseason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 09:56 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I would not be shoecked if Ross just flat out gets cut.

nah his rookie contact is fully gaurenteed.
Reply/Quote
Thinking Ross needs to be cut or traded. Which up and coming Wideout are we cutting for Ross spot? All of them (Core, Malone, Willis, Stanley, Tate) has done more than Ross has ever done (in preseason or the regular season). Why cut one of them for Ross?

Time to make the tough decision and move on.

Only 3 locks should be AJ, Boyd, Erickson.

That leaves 4 spots and we'll still have a tough decision to cut one of those 5 to get to 7. Keeping Ross, just makes it a need to cut 2 of them, and they all bring more to the team then what he does.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 10:20 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: nah his rookie contact is fully gaurenteed.

Even so, if the team wants to be able to hold onto a certain receiver and there's no room, they may decide to eat the cap hit so they don't lose the other player.

With that said, I think the team keeps 7 WRs and I think the WRs could (or should) be:
Green
Boyd
Ross
Erickson
Tate
Willis
Morgan

I don't think Core is THAT much better on ST over Tate, Willis, and Morgan to justify a spot and he hasn't been better than Ross on offense the past two years. Same with Malone.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Someone got mad at me for bashing Akili Ross here on the boards all the time, but here again the opportunity arises and I will oblige.

**Ross is a bust**

At this point, I am thinking the Bengals are now trying to maneuver him in some way or another to either trade him, cut him, or just let him fade away like Akili Smith and never get to see another significant contract again in the NFL as punishment.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 10:48 AM)jj22 Wrote: Thinking Ross needs to be cut or traded. Which up and coming Wideout are we cutting for Ross spot? All of them (Core, Malone, Willis, Stanley, Tate) has done more than Ross has ever done (in preseason or the regular season). Why cut one of them for Ross?

Time to make the tough decision and move on.

Only 3 locks should be AJ, Boyd, Erickson.

That leaves 4 spots and we'll still have a tough decision to cut one of those 5 to get to 7. Keeping Ross, just makes it a need to cut 2 of them, and they all bring more to the team then what he does.

This is false. Since Ross joined the team, none of those guys has done more than Ross on the field.
Malone - 75 yards, 1 TD
Core - 160 yards, 1 TD
Tate - 35 yards
Ross - 210 yards, 7 TDs

If you're going to bring up preseason, John Ross had the second-most receiving yards in preseason last year.
If you're referring to this year, there's no depth WR really going above and beyond to warrant cutting Ross.
The most yards any receiver has in this preseason is 63 yards, led by Willis and Morgan. 
Tate has 58 yards.
Malone has 36 yards.
Core has 49 yards.

Sorry, but out of everyone, I'm cutting Malone and Core before I cut Ross.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 11:02 AM)ochocincos Wrote: This is false. Since Ross joined the team, none of those guys has done more than Ross on the field.
Malone - 75 yards, 1 TD
Core - 160 yards, 1 TD
Tate - 35 yards
Ross - 210 yards, 7 TDs

If you're going to bring up preseason, John Ross had the second-most receiving yards in preseason last year.
If you're referring to this year, there's no depth WR really going above and beyond to warrant cutting Ross.
The most yards any receiver has in this preseason is 63 yards, led by Willis and Morgan. 
Tate has 58 yards.
Malone has 36 yards.
Core has 49 yards.

Sorry, but out of everyone, I'm cutting Malone and Core before I cut Ross.
Don't you know?  If they hate a guy, they don't need to bother with the truth.  Nothing gets in the way of a goofy rant like the truth.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 10:56 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Someone got mad at me for bashing Akili Ross here on the boards all the time, but here again the opportunity arises and I will oblige.

**Ross is a bust**

At this point, I am thinking the Bengals are now trying to maneuver him in some way or another to either trade him, cut him, or just let him fade away like Akili Smith and never get to see another significant contract again in the NFL as punishment.

Hey, could you stop by my place?  The way you spread horse shit, my garden would be the best in town.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 10:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Even so, if the team wants to be able to hold onto a certain receiver and there's no room, they may decide to eat the cap hit so they don't lose the other player.

With that said, I think the team keeps 7 WRs and I think the WRs could (or should) be:
Green
Boyd
Ross
Erickson
Tate
Willis
Morgan

I don't think Core is THAT much better on ST over Tate, Willis, and Morgan to justify a spot and he hasn't been better than Ross on offense the past two years. Same with Malone.

This is my list as well.

Core and Malone are in reality where Ross is in perception in the minds of quite a few. Core and Malone have done basically nothing during real NFL games to warrant any further time, IMHO. Unless one of them totally tears it up in these final two games, and I mean white hot ! And even then I'd have to think long and hard about it.

Ross had 7 TD's last season, you can't just discount that. Many great WR's only have 7 TD's during one of their great seasons. But as you say it is getting frustrating.

Give him one more shot.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 11:22 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: This is my list as well.

Core and Malone are in reality where Ross is in perception in the minds of quite a few. Core and Malone have done basically nothing during real NFL games to warrant any further time, IMHO. Unless one of them totally tears it up in these final two games, and I mean white hot ! And even then I'd have to think long and hard about it.

Ross had 7 TD's last season, you can't just discount that. Many great WR's only have 7 TD's during one of their great seasons. But as you say it is getting frustrating.

Give him one more shot.

I agree.

Core and Malone should both have a great opportunity Thursday to justify why they belong on the team, as both AJ and Ross should be out. Malone and/or Core should therefore end up playing with the starters.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 11:22 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: This is my list as well.

Give him one more shot.

I disagree about Malone, I think he has rebounded well from a terrible season and has played well. I'm starting to think Morgan might see the PS.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 11:11 AM)McC Wrote: Hey, could you stop by my place?  The way you spread horse shit, my garden would be the best in town.

It if pans out my way, you will mow my lawn, even though we have no grass in AZ.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
For those who say cut Ross now, he has a guaranteed contract so we are paying him a boatload of money if he is cut.

We gain a roster spot and eat salary the next 2 years.

Maybe should see if he is healthy, if not maybe on IR for 2019, but cut make no financial sense or roster spot since we have other options.

We all agree, he needs to get healthy and stay healthy.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm looking forward to seeing O'Shea Dugas continue to get a ton of snaps. He has looked like the best tackle on the roster.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote