Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All the starters go Thursday Ross out
Ross has been day to day since the start of this camp on July 27 that will be one month on Saturday. He will most likely not play in the last two preseason games so that will be 6 weeks of day to day. I would not cut a guy out there playing trying to improve himself for a guy that wont get off his azz to even try to get better or learn the system. Nobody has said how he is in the playbook or shadowing the WR group to learn this new system. If John makes the team this year he will play when he feels like it cause it is obvious he is making his own rules at this point if he makes the team. He knows the front office and or ZT wont cut him this year.
Reply/Quote
I am really beginning to dislike Ross on a personal level.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 11:57 AM)Synric Wrote: I'm looking forward to seeing O'Shea Dugas continue to get a ton of snaps. He has looked like the best tackle on the roster.

The good news on Dugas so far is he has done nothing to stick out (bad) playing against 2nd and 3rd string.

I too would like to see him get some time against the other team's #1 defense and a stud DE. Unfortunately, Giants don't have that top edge rusher, but still like to see how he fares against better DE's and edge rushers.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 11:37 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I disagree about Malone, I think he has rebounded well from a terrible season and has played well. I'm starting to think Morgan might see the PS.

If you would look back thru my posts last couple seasons you would see I've been a Malone supporter. To be honest I've never been that high on Core.

I stumbled onto a couple Tenn. games, don't remember why ? But anyways I picked up on Ross and thought he just seemed to have "it".

But in my mind it's time for him to step up and produce pretty much big time or I'm not letting a guy like Willis go to take another chance that Malone is someday gonna produce.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 12:14 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Ross has been day to day since the start of this camp on July 27 that will be one month on Saturday. He will most likely not play in the last two preseason games so that will be 6 weeks of day to day. I would not cut a guy out there playing trying to improve himself for a guy that wont get off his azz to even try to get better or learn the system. Nobody has said how he is in the playbook or shadowing the WR group to learn this new system. If John makes the team this year he will play when he feels like it cause it is obviously he is making his own rules at this point if he makes the team. He knows the front office and or ZT wont cut him this year.

I'm pretty sure it has been REPEATEDLY STATED that is the coaches who are holding Ross out and not Ross making a choice.

Yes, the level of hate is bizarre and way over the top, but fine, people can hate on all they want.  But is telling the ***** truth about the ***** guy too ***** much to ***** ask?

"I hate the guy.  He insulted me personally by drafting himself #9 overall a few years back and he hasn't delivered so that gives me the right to tell any bullshit lie I want to express, for the millionth time, just how hard he offended me  by drafting himself that high."
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 12:14 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Ross has been day to day since the start of this camp on July 27 that will be one month on Saturday. He will most likely not play in the last two preseason games so that will be 6 weeks of day to day. I would not cut a guy out there playing trying to improve himself for a guy that wont get off his azz to even try to get better or learn the system. Nobody has said how he is in the playbook or shadowing the WR group to learn this new system. If John makes the team this year he will play when he feels like it cause it is obvious he is making his own rules at this point if he makes the team. He knows the front office and or ZT wont cut him this year.

WTF?  Taylor has said himself that Ross would practice if he would allow him to, but Zac is worried about him aggravating the injury and thinks it's important that he's 100% for week 1.  I would guess they are being extra cautious due to Green's injury and not wanting to be without their #1 and #3 for the opener.  I love how people create this narrative that he's faking because he's lazy.  
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 12:26 PM)McC Wrote: I'm pretty sure it has been REPEATEDLY STATED that is the coaches who are holding Ross out and not Ross making a choice.

Yes, the level of hate is bizarre and way over the top, but fine, people can hate on all they want.  But is telling the ***** truth about the ***** guy too ***** much to ***** ask?

"I hate the guy.  He insulted me personally by drafting himself #9 overall a few years back and he hasn't delivered so that gives me the right to tell any bullshit lie I want to express, for the millionth time, just how hard he offended me  by drafting himself that high."
Wrong weeks ago ZT stated after being asked about Ross that he asks Ross every day how he feels. If Ross was to say I am ready to go coach put me in then he would be playing.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 12:29 PM)Whatever Wrote: WTF?  Taylor has said himself that Ross would practice if he would allow him to, but Zac is worried about him aggravating the injury and thinks it's important that he's 100% for week 1.  I would guess they are being extra cautious due to Green's injury and not wanting to be without their #1 and #3 for the opener.  I love how people create this narrative that he's faking because he's lazy.  
There is no injury nowhere has it been written or said that Ross pulled a hamstring it has been said he felt tightness in his hamstring that is all. That is not an injury.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 12:19 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The good news on Dugas so far is he has done nothing to stick out (bad) playing against 2nd and 3rd string.

I too would like to see him get some time against the other team's #1 defense and a stud DE. Unfortunately, Giants don't have that top edge rusher, but still like to see how he fares against better DE's and edge rushers.

It's a shame they dont have anyone else to play tackle because I would like to see Dugas get some reps at Left and Right Guard.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 10:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Geoff Hobson:  “Do you have any desire to let Finley take reps with the first team?”

Zac Taylor:  “No. I think it’s good for that unit to work together as a whole right now.”
ZT did say he did not want his starters playing into the third quarter so I hope the other team plays their starters up to or beyond the 4th quarter so we get a chance to see Finley and our second string against their 1st stringers.
Reply/Quote
The most important thing is week one Seattle not the preseason. Would it be ideal for Ross to get some work in yes but the most important thing is for him to be ready to go by week 1.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 12:38 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Wrong weeks ago ZT stated after being asked about Ross that he asks Ross every day how he feels. If Ross was to say I am ready to go coach put me in then he would be playing.
So you switch from pure lies to pure assumption.  I'm done with you.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 09:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-everybody-who-can-go-plays-thursday

Interesting on M. Jordan in about the middle.

Getting very hard to defend Ross if he cannot even get onto the field.

This is the one PS game he should be playing in to get chemistry going with Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 12:29 PM)Whatever Wrote: WTF?  Taylor has said himself that Ross would practice if he would allow him to, but Zac is worried about him aggravating the injury and thinks it's important that he's 100% for week 1.  I would guess they are being extra cautious due to Green's injury and not wanting to be without their #1 and #3 for the opener.  I love how people create this narrative that he's faking because he's lazy.  

Completely agree with this.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 12:52 PM)McC Wrote: So you switch from pure lies to pure assumption.  I'm done with you.
lol I never wanted anything to do with you.
Reply/Quote
It's never Ross's fault. Both coaching staffs barely let him practice. We've heard it was Marvin's dog house, and blamed Marvin for mistreating him and not "letting him practice/play", ZT fear of injury for not letting him practice and play. Holding him back while letting players who recover from ACL tears, broken ankles practice and play. etc etc excuses excuses. Eifert is more important then Ross and yet he plays.... EIFERT OF ALL PEOPLE!

Sooooo week one when Dalton throws to him (after he's missed so much time once again) and it's a pick because once again he hasn't practiced and has no rhythm with Dalton, runs a wrong route, falls down, it'll all be Daltons fault....

I already know how this ends for Dalton.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
the best ability is availability....hows our #9 overall pick doing in that category lol...dudes a fragile bum. i hope ZT is keeping him off the field to keep him from getting hurt anymore than he already is so we can trade his ass. 9th overall pick just two years ago... someone will want to take a chance on him. i say we take advantage of whatever value is left of him and wash our hands. wasnt there something about him being injury prone coming out of college lol ohh thats right but now everybody wanna say ohh no hes healthy ZT is just keep him out lol STFU
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 01:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's never Ross's fault. Both coaching staffs barely let him practice. We've heard it was Marvin's dog house, and blamed Marvin for mistreating him and not "letting him practice/play", ZT fear of injury for not letting him practice and play. Holding him back while letting players who recover from ACL tears, broken ankles practice and play. etc etc excuses excuses. Eifert is more important then Ross and yet he plays.... EIFERT OF ALL PEOPLE!

Sooooo week one when Dalton throws to him (after he's missed so much time once again) and it's a pick because once again he hasn't practiced and has no rhythm with Dalton, runs a wrong route, falls down, it'll all be Daltons fault....

I already know how this ends for Dalton.

Straw man much?
Reply/Quote
Ross would be a $10 million cap hit if he was cut this year. No way do the Bengals cut him. Wouldn't matter if the hamstring prevented him from playing at all. We're just going to have to accept the fact that he's taking up a roster spot maybe at the expense of the others. We're in bad shape at WR, so my guess is that they lean on Mixon and Eifert early on with hopes that AJ comes back 100% and Ross finally makes it on the field.

Ross has had constant problems since the beginning, whether it being mental or physical, so I wouldn't expect anything from him. I'd prefer they give someone else a shot at WR3, but they're not paying him to sit on his ass, that's for sure. I guess we'll just have to wait it out.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 12:14 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Ross has been day to day since the start of this camp on July 27 that will be one month on Saturday. He will most likely not play in the last two preseason games so that will be 6 weeks of day to day. I would not cut a guy out there playing trying to improve himself for a guy that wont get off his azz to even try to get better or learn the system. Nobody has said how he is in the playbook or shadowing the WR group to learn this new system. If John makes the team this year he will play when he feels like it cause it is obvious he is making his own rules at this point if he makes the team. He knows the front office and or ZT wont cut him this year.

That's a very assuming take with no basis in reality. You have no confirmation that Ross is "skipping" preseason just because he wants to.

Facts:
- He suffered a hamstring injury on July 29.
- It was estimated to take 2 weeks to recover
- Ross was just on the rehab field

You cannot with certainty say he's fully recovered from his hamstring injury and just refusing to play in preseason because he wants to.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote