Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All those tipped passes
I don’t think you can really do pump fakes on most of those. I’m guessing they are fairly short timing patterns.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 02:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh no...dare we dig up the "small hands" debate from the off-season prior to drafting Burrow?

He can always do 2 handed pump fake. xD. That'll get them jumpin'
Reply/Quote
Eh, Burrow is usually releasing the ball a fraction of a second before the rush gets to him. There is no time for a bunch of pump faking.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 10:47 AM)jj22 Wrote: Herber throws like he's 6'2. He doesn't have a high release. On the other side, some 6'2 qb's throw like they are 6'4 due to their release point. Burrow doesn't get his throws up and over the line, he throws through passing lanes which gets him in trouble. 

Herbert has a 3/4 arm slot release.  They mentioned that during the Sunday night game.

Us older folks will remember Jeff Blake and how he had a really high over hand release.  He didn't seem to have too many balls tipped if I recall, and he was 6'1".    Russell Wilson is the same.  He's 5'11" but has a high release point.  
Reply/Quote
Burrow figured out the two high safety riddle and am sure he will figure this one out as well.

Agree with Michaelsean that those passes were short timing routes that could not have been pump faked anyway.

But seems if you catch them jumping instead of rushing it would set up a double move here and there where a pump fake could work and hit some deep ones again.

Have faith Burrow will figure something out though, he's a quick learner.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The analyst in the game against the Steelers said that the batted down passes are as important as a sack.I don’t know if I would agree with that,but it sure takes away from the drive.
These batted passes sometimes don’t always just fall safely to the ground.Sometimes they spiral through the air into the hands of the opposing defense.

It appears defenses have put more emphasis on this scheme of batting down the ball in recent years.Maybe Burrow should take a deeper look in how he could avoid some of this.

After all,How many of those 13 blocked passes he’s had so far this year,would have gone for first downs,or big gains,or even touchdowns???
Reply/Quote