Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allll ABOOOOARD!!!
I guess I'll weigh in too. I liked what I saw from him in the preseason and he had a nice, high level play last week.

To me, he reminds me of an Adam Thielen type. Good, quick, crisp route running. Good hands. Smart. And tough. Can move him around a bit too.

It's probably too early to make these comparisons yet though. I know on the boards we tend to get ahead of ourselves with players. But I like what I see. He's got potential.

As a 4th/5th receiver who can elevate to a 3rd WR with injury, he provides great upside. He could even take over for Boyd in 2 years or so when we can no longer pay him. Although it's gunna suck to lose him (hopefully he doesn't go to Pittsburgh). I like his potential more than any of the receivers below our top 3.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm confused.... I was told a week or so ago there was no depth on this team at WR.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
He's not a burner but he is sneaky fast...
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 07:25 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm confused.... I was told a week or so ago there was no depth on this team at WR.

Depends on your perspective.

Higgins and Chase each had 2 TD's in their 3rd NFL game.

Tate, Thomas, Morgan, and Irwin have a combined 2 TD's in 12 combined NFL seasons, not counting the current one.  
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 10:53 PM)Whatever Wrote: Depends on your perspective.

Higgins and Chase each had 2 TD's in their 3rd NFL game.

Tate, Thomas, Morgan, and Irwin have a combined 2 TD's in 12 combined NFL seasons, not counting the current one.  

It was said there was no developmental depth on the team I think, which at the time I said Irwin, Trent Taylor and I still have faith Stanley Morgan developing. 

That was met with a lot of push back, now here we are and Irwin is again getting push from the fanbase. Just amuses me.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 12:07 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: He’s a plucky grinder.

(10-06-2021, 12:12 PM)jason Wrote: High motor guy... Lunch pale guy.

Sneaky athletic. Cerebral.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 12:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sneaky athletic. Cerebral.

Sneaky athletic is probably my favorite.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 01:12 AM)jason Wrote: Sneaky athletic is probably my favorite.

Right? What's sneaky about it? Is his athleticism the type that steals your lunch out of the break room fridge?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Hell, if nothing else, throw him in on kick returns or punt returns.....seems to be one of our weakest spots at the moment.
Reply/Quote
I am no longer able to tell which white WR comparisons are jokes.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 09:59 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I am no longer able to tell which white WR comparisons are jokes.

No one has thrown out Eric Decker yet. Can he be our Eric Decker?
Reply/Quote
It is a law that white receivers have to be compared to white receivers and black QBs have to be compared to black QBs.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 10:58 AM)jj22 Wrote: It's time to establish a team we all can get behind. And that is #TEAMIRWIN.

Sooner or later we are going to have to give him an opportunity. They have put in many years developing him and he's finally flashed. Why do we have two similar players in Thomas and Morgan? It's time for the Bengals to choose either one of these players, and allow for the fruits of their labor (development) to grow with Irwin.

Tate got his 4 years, and Irwin looks a little more sudden and quick then Tate. He's earned his shot on this young roster, and they've put in the time to develop him. He's going on 26 and this should be his prime years.

It's now or never. Give the guy his shot! Hop on the bandwagon early and lets put our positive Bengal vibes into uncovering a hidden gem on the roster.

(Try to get those vibes out in the atmosphere before he is cut for the return of Allen).

He, like Tate, will provide quality depth that will absolutely be relied upon during the season, but there is no way you put him in over Boyd, Higgins, or Chase.  However, it doesn't mean he isn't an important part of the team.  Depth was tested already in the Thursday Night Game, and they were able to pull it out.  Last year, the depth at WR, DT, and CB was awful.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 10:04 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: No one has thrown out Eric Decker yet. Can he be our Eric Decker?

I, for one, am disappointed that no one has tossed out Jeff Query.  
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 11:02 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It was said there was no developmental depth on the team I think, which at the time I said Irwin, Trent Taylor and I still have faith Stanley Morgan developing. 

That was met with a lot of push back, now here we are and Irwin is again getting push from the fanbase. Just amuses me.

I do agree it's amusing that he got his own thread after catching one pass.  Then again, it's the Golden Binns Award for a reason.  
Reply/Quote
I thought you meant TEAM INJURY RESERVE WINS
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 12:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: I do agree it's amusing that he got his own thread after catching one pass.  Then again, it's the Golden Binns Award for a reason.  

It carries over from his preseason play which many of us thought earned him a spot.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Over three dozen posts in and still no one has mentioned that he's gonna need a nickname? This place used to be better than that.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 01:28 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Right? What's sneaky about it? Is his athleticism the type that steals your lunch out of the break room fridge?

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 08:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Over three dozen posts in and still no one has mentioned that he's gonna need a nickname?  This place used to be better than that.

[Image: th?id=OIP.VTpu1R3g4mG0jJH5amymWAHaEK&pid...=304&h=171]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote