Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Almost 50% of Leftists refuse to be friends with a Trump supporter.
(07-22-2017, 11:18 PM)Benton Wrote: It's also widely written that smoking is good for you.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/here-are-the-ways-smoking-may-actually-be-good-for-yo-1721438933

https://www.livescience.com/15115-5-health-benefits-smoking-disease.html

Mellow

Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true. 

But it might be. You could be correct. But the linked article doesn't back that up. It says half of "liberal democrats." Which might have been all of 2 people surveyed.

Well feel free to look at the pew study.
(07-22-2017, 07:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: That opinion is one based upon your ideological slant. They are both very biased websites reporting news that is slathered with biased opinion in order to validate partisan opinions of those that read it.

I think you could be biased and still maintain a level of honesty, or you can show your bias by making shit up like MJ.
MJ is equivalent to the Onion.
(07-23-2017, 01:03 AM)Vlad Wrote: I think you could be biased and still maintain a level of honesty, or you can show your bias by making shit up like MJ.

Exactly.
(07-22-2017, 08:59 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Remember, it's only fake news if you don't agree with it. 

If you agree with it, it's an "actual news site"

ThumbsUp

No not really. I believe in right and wrong, and the left just happens to be wrong..

By no means are right wing biased sources exactly pure and wholesome in their reporting but they are far more trustworthy.

Left wing sources like MJ are nothing but protesters in print.  The hate, violence, and whining that emanates from their liberal constituents manifests itself through their "reporting".
interesting
--------------------------------------------------------

(07-22-2017, 07:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Mother Jones just makes things up

DW is an actual news site

DW is the National Enquirer of news sites. ThumbsUp
(07-22-2017, 09:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well then we better let DW know since they reularly go after republicans. It's just based on the news. Just because they are willing to publish a wide variety of stories doesn't make them mother Jones.

I've seen Mother Jones articles going after Democrats. Your point? All I am saying is that if you are going to consistently use news sources that are heavily biased to one side, you won't have any room when anyone uses new sources from the other side. I'm one that uses as close to unbiased as I can find and will use sources from my opposing viewpoint whenever possible, so for me this isn't a thing, but there has been a prevalence of notorious right-biased news sources being used by posters that like to bash people on the left for using similar sources. It shows a blindness to the blatant partisanship that is being exhibited and makes it difficult to have any serious conversations when there is a refusal to even admit that it exists.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-23-2017, 01:03 AM)Vlad Wrote: I think you could be biased and still maintain a level of honesty, or you can show your bias by making shit up like MJ.

You can be biased and maintain honesty. The folks at the Daily Wire are often honest about their opinion, but they often provide opinions that are wrong. You and Lucie are focusing on the example I used rather than acknowledging the fact that a news source is being used that is just as far right as the left-wing news sources you bash others for using. You're being intellectually dishonest.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Maybe it's a Maryland thing, but even the registered Republicans I know didn't vote for him. You have to go back to 1964 to find a Republican that did worse than him.

I guess having great schools in this state worked out.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-23-2017, 08:32 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've seen Mother Jones articles going after Democrats. Your point? All I am saying is that if you are going to consistently use news sources that are heavily biased to one side, you won't have any room when anyone uses new sources from the other side. I'm one that uses as close to unbiased as I can find and will use sources from my opposing viewpoint whenever possible, so for me this isn't a thing, but there has been a prevalence of notorious right-biased news sources being used by posters that like to bash people on the left for using similar sources. It shows a blindness to the blatant partisanship that is being exhibited and makes it difficult to have any serious conversations when there is a refusal to even admit that it exists.

Mother Jones has repeatedly been caught making up the news. Slate has been on a crusade trying to normalize pedophilia. There is a difference between leftist news and conservative news. They are not even remotely the same or comparable.

And it's quite simple to read a story with any partisan slant and figure out the actual news. We have been doing that all of our lives with the leftist MSM.

I realize that this is a newer thing for for leftists.
(07-23-2017, 10:48 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Maybe it's a Maryland thing, but even the registered Republicans I know didn't vote for him. You have to go back to 1964 to find a Republican that did worse than him.

You do not personally know one person who voted for Trump?
(07-23-2017, 10:48 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Maybe it's a Maryland thing, but even the registered Republicans I know didn't vote for him. You have to go back to 1964 to find a Republican that did worse than him.

Hey, man. Our Barry Goldwater wasn't that bad!

That whole "Nuking little children" thing was just a political ad from a rival. ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(07-23-2017, 11:20 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You do not personally know one person who voted for Trump?

I know at least a dozen and chat with them regularly on Facebook, including several who personally despise him but voted for him anyway because their sole issue in the election was hoping to keep the Supreme Court stacked by Rightists.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
http://melanoidnation.org/ben-shapiros-daily-wire-finally-admits-to-being-a-fake-news-satire-site/

[/url]
Quote:[url=http://melanoidnation.org/ben-shapiros-daily-wire-finally-admits-to-being-a-fake-news-satire-site/]Ben Shapiro’s Daily Wire Finally Admits To Being A Fake News Satire Site

[Image: maxresdefault-2-656x366.jpg]

The propaganda “news site” The Daily Wire, which is headed by suspected white supremacist Ben Shapiro, has finally admitted to printing fake stories under the guise of “doing satire. ”

The Daily Wire has already been added to a Blacklist of “news sites” that are considered fake and unreliably bias. (Read the list in it’s entirety here)

This week the Daily Wire published another fake story with a deliberately misleading headline that read: “Outraged Celebrities Apologize After Finding Out Obama Said Almost Exactly What Ben Carson Did About Slaves–Oh Wait”

The bogus article proceeded to attribute fake quotes to producer Tariq Nasheed, rapper Ice-T, and others:

“Almost immediately following the Free Beacon story, the celebrities and commentators who castigated Dr. Ben Carson took to social media to apologize.

Tariq Nasheed said: “Wow. I guess I should have thought about it more before I called Carson a c**n. I’m truly sorry.” ICE-T offered a similar apology, writing: “I hate eating crow, but admitting fault is the right thing to do. It was very foolish of me to call Ben Carson a dumbf***. So sorry!”

At the very end of this fake news, click baiting article, the writer Frank Camp attempted to put a disclaimer at the very end of the false story that stated:

“Oh wait–none of that happened. No retractions; no apologies; no mention that Carson’s language directly mirrored Obama’s.”

Ice-T called out the fake article and the writer on twitter:

[Image: Screen-Shot-2017-03-10-at-10.56.01-PM.png]

When Tariq Nasheed called out the phony article on social media, the writer Frank Camp claimed it was satire:

[Image: Screen-Shot-2017-03-10-at-10.54.45-PM.png]

And the head of the fake news Daily Wire website Ben Shapiro took to twitter to insult and antagonize Tariq Nasheed for pointing out their cowardly, yellow journalism:

[Image: Screen-Shot-2017-03-10-at-10.56.35-PM.png]

According to Tariq Nasheed, this isn’t the first time the Daily Wire has printed false stories about him. Here is a past Daily Wire article about Nasheed, which made false claims about his Castro comments, and here is another bogus Daily Wire article that claimed Nasheed was “crazy” and that he “went nuts” over the shooting of an immigrant.

Here
 is yet another fake news article from the Daily Wire where they falsely claim Nasheed is a “Black Lives Matter advocate”, when Nasheed has repeatedly stated that he has nothing to do with BLM whatsoever.

This type of deceptive, racialized propaganda coming from these fake news sites like the Daily Wire is indicative of the “alternative facts” mantra of the current Trump presidency. And it has no place in the fight for truth and justice.

http://www.snopes.com/tag/daily-wire/
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-23-2017, 11:16 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Mother Jones has repeatedly been caught making up the news. Slate has been on a crusade trying to normalize pedophilia. There is a difference between leftist news and conservative news. They are not even remotely the same or comparable.

And it's quite simple to read a story with any partisan slant and figure out the actual news. We have been doing that all of our lives with the leftist MSM.

I realize that this is a newer thing for for leftists.

Then why didn't you do that with this article and thread? The title of the article and the title of the thread is a partisan misrepresentation of the actual data from the poll. The article itself is filled with biased assumptions that have no basis in the data from the poll. It is making stuff up to validate your opinions, and those of the author.

Please, tell me again how the Daily Wire and other right wing" news" sites are better than the left and how you can easily figure out the partisan slant and actual news, because from everything in this thread it seems you have difficulty with that.

(07-23-2017, 11:29 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I know at least a dozen and chat with them regularly on Facebook, including several who personally despise him but voted for him anyway because their sole issue in the election was hoping to keep the Supreme Court stacked by Rightists.

Everyone has their tipping point when they vote. Mine was judges and immigration enforcement.
(07-23-2017, 11:30 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Then why didn't you do that with this article and thread? The title of the article and the title of the thread is a partisan misrepresentation of the actual data from the poll. The article itself is filled with biased assumptions that have no basis in the data from the poll. It is making stuff up to validate your opinions, and those of the author.

Please, tell me again how the Daily Wire and other right wing" news" sites are better than the left and how you can easily figure out the partisan slant and actual news, because from everything in this thread it seems you have difficulty with that.

Post the parts you feel are fabricated.
(07-23-2017, 11:30 AM)GMDino Wrote: http://melanoidnation.org/ben-shapiros-daily-wire-finally-admits-to-being-a-fake-news-satire-site/

[url=http://melanoidnation.org/ben-shapiros-daily-wire-finally-admits-to-being-a-fake-news-satire-site/][/url]

http://www.snopes.com/tag/daily-wire/

Dude that site looks like a virus waiting to happen when clicked. Didn't Benton warn us about using those types of sites on the board?
(07-23-2017, 12:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Dude that site looks like a virus waiting to happen when clicked.   Didn't Benton warn us about using those types of sites on the board?

I copied the article for those afraid to click on a link.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-23-2017, 12:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: I copied the article for those afraid to click on a link.

That site can not be taken seriously. It's quoting Tariq Nasheed and ice-t.