Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost Died On 71
On my way to work Sunday, during the insane little rain storm we were getting, I ended up hitting a massive puddle. Did my best to try and compensate, as my back end popped out. Unfortunately, a little too late. I went through three lanes of traffic (on 71s) while doing a 180 spin and crashing through the woods, going an additional 20-40 feet. I came out banged up, with a mild concussion, strains, bruising and a wounded soul. It was definitely an emotional night that seemingly went on for forever.

I'm fortunate to come out alive, and nobody else was put into danger. Thankfully, I had several people stay with me, and also had great service from PD/FD as well. Unfortunately, I got a ticket. (Sucks)

Now I'm waiting on the adjuster to determine the damage of my car. I'm hoping for a total, as something like this, I can't imagine ever driving the same...

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I'm happy you are ok.

With what happened, how you described it, God was watching over you. If you don't believe in God, then something or someone was.

It's a life changing experience, that's for sure, going through something like this. 

By the way, it was God, lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 03:53 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I'm happy you are ok.

With what happened, how you described it, God was watching over you. If you don't believe in God, then something or someone was.

It's a life changing experience, that's for sure, going through something like this. 

By the way, it was God, lol.

It is. Scared the hell out of me. Very fortunate to come out as I did, with just bumps, bruises and some fears of driving.  It's funny how everything can go wrong in a moment.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 04:30 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: It is. Scared the hell out of me. Very fortunate to come out as I did, with just bumps, bruises and some fears of driving.  It's funny how everything can go wrong in a moment.

Glad you are ok and pray everything works out for you Bengal-Bro. Looks like the bye week came at a good time for you as well.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Glad you're safe man; would ahte to hear of a long-timer passing away, wuld be saddening :frown:

Now you know for the future though; DON'T BUY AMERICAN CARS EVER AGAIN!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm glad that the only real damage was done to material objects rather than to yourself. You can replace your car, but not your life.

My little brother was in a pretty serious accident a few years back, and he said it's made him a far more anxious driver, almost to the point where it's a hindrance to daily life. Hopefully, this doesn't stick with you in that manner.

Freak accidents happen. I'm always thankful for situations where they turn out ok.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Blessings to you brother, I'm glad you were not hurt too badly. Cars can be replaced, you cannot.  Hoping for a speedy recovery.  BTW, nice wheels you had, hate to see it mangled, but happy to see you here. :andy:

I've had quite a few in my day as well, one bad one was a Mustang too.  The Lord protected us for a reason, for me, it was two wonderful daughters.  Make the most of your gift!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Glad you're okay, batman.
Reply/Quote
Whoa! Glad you are ok man! That could have been a lot worse than what it was. Count your blessings.

What kind of car is/was that? Looked pretty sharp.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 11:42 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Whoa!  Glad you are ok man!  That could have been a lot worse than what it was. Count your blessings.  

What kind of car is/was that?  Looked pretty sharp.

Mustang GT

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 12:29 PM)Wyche Wrote:  Mustang GT

Gotcha!  The pictures were a little blurry on my phone and I couldn't really see any detail.  Could just tell it looked like a pretty sweet ride.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 01:09 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: On my way to work Sunday, during the insane little rain storm we were getting, I ended up hitting a massive puddle. Did my best to try and compensate, as my back end popped out. Unfortunately, a little too late. I went through three lanes of traffic (on 71s) while doing a 180 spin and crashing through the woods, going an additional 20-40 feet. I came out banged up, with a mild concussion, strains, bruising and a wounded soul. It was definitely an emotional night that seemingly went on for forever.

I'm fortunate to come out alive, and nobody else was put into danger. Thankfully, I had several people stay with me, and also had great service from PD/FD as well. Unfortunately, I got a ticket. (Sucks)

Now I'm waiting on the adjuster to determine the damage of my car. I'm hoping for a total, as something like this, I can't imagine ever driving the same...

Glad to hear you are OK. It is scary the damage that can be done in a few seconds. I know all to well as I was in a major car accident at age 15. I lost a friend and it took 4 of us months to recover physically. We will never recover mentally.

All the best.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 12:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Glad to hear you are OK. It is scary the damage that can be done in a few seconds. I know all to well as I was in a major car accident at age 15. I lost a friend and it took 4 of us months to recover physically. We will never recover mentally.

All the best.

I’m sorry to hear that. Sad I’m glad you’re here though!

And yes, it was a 2017 Ford Mustang GT. As I told the officer, days I love that car more than my wife. I intended to trade it in, but this makes things different. If it’s totaled, which I hope it is, it’ll make my life much easier than trading it in. But we will see.

Reply/Quote
Is there a reason you get a ticket for that? I was on 75N that day and due to construction and barriers laid out, there were some nasty puddles. A car in front of me lost control but regained himself. Anyway, I thought the highways were unusually unsafe that day and not draining right due to the work they are doing.
Reply/Quote
glad to hear you are safe. do not buy new car, depreciating asset....
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 07:42 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Is there a reason you get a ticket for that?  I was on 75N that day and due to construction and barriers laid out, there were some nasty puddles.  A car in front of me lost control but regained himself.  Anyway, I thought the highways were unusually unsafe that day and not draining right due to the work they are doing.

Unable to maintain lanes, is what they ticket was called. My parents have asked about possibly fighting it. $115 bucks.

Reply/Quote
I wrecked my first car which was only a 98 Mustang, nothing that new like yours lol. This was a while ago. I got in a wreck going up 75N on my way to my job, rain was terrible, I couldn't see out my back window or anything hardly, I was going 45 with hazards on since that thing had no backend weight to it whatsoever, I had to get over to my far right for the Kenwood exit and I didn't see anyone coming up my right side so I turn my hazards off and use my blinker to gradually start to get over and all of the sudden this guy IS coming up the right lane and without jerking the wheel or panicking I start to move back to my original lane and all hell broke loose. I did at least two 360 turns, felt like I was in a hurricane knowing for sure that I was dead with there being a semi behind me and to the far left lane of me, as I was spinning out I finally crashed into the middle divider of the highway a mile from my exit. I was fine, no one got hurt or was involved in my accident thank God and my car wasn't even totaled. An off duty cop stopped and pulled over to ask if I was okay, I was a little shooken up but I told him I was fine and thanked him for stopping. My car was JUST out of the lane of traffic, my back left bumper was what was damaged and that was it which I took off later and made it look good as new after a little paint and everything she was fine lol.

Morale of this story is, God was watching over both of in these moments Caped Crusader. There wasn't an ice cubes chance in hell that I thought I would dodge those semi trucks while uncontrollably hydroplaning. At the end of it all a cop showed up and long story short I got a ticket for failure to maintain control of my vehicle, but the cop completely dismissed the fact that the guy that was behind me in the right lane didn't even have his headlights on, if he did I probably would have never attempted to get over that soon in the first place. But that was my fault I guess. By law in most states, if you have your wipers on you HAVE to have your headlights on. I thought that was common sense but what do I know, it was only monsoon type weather lol Glad you're okay man.
Reply/Quote
Glad you came thru relatively ok. That had to be scary,especially after you had time to think about it.
Reply/Quote
UPDATE: I talked to the adjuster, car has $18,xxx in damage. My car's value in fresh state is 25k. So, that's around 76% in damage.

He asked me what my overall intent with the vehicle was (I had him elaborate) and he asked if I wanted repair/total. I said total because I don't feel comfortable driving, knowing what it had been through.

He said at this time, he doesn't see 'much' underbody damage, but some suspension work in the left side. Not entirely sure though.

Waiting out USAA at this time...

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 07:43 AM)Takedown Wrote: I wrecked my first car which was only a 98 Mustang, nothing that new like yours lol. This was a while ago. I got in a wreck going up 75N on my way to my job, rain was terrible, I couldn't see out my back window or anything hardly, I was going 45 with hazards on since that thing had no backend weight to it whatsoever, I had to get over to my far right for the Kenwood exit and I didn't see anyone coming up my right side so I turn my hazards off and use my blinker to gradually start to get over and all of the sudden this guy IS coming up the right lane and without jerking the wheel or panicking I start to move back to my original lane and all hell broke loose. I did at least two 360 turns, felt like I was in a hurricane knowing for sure that I was dead with there being a semi behind me and to the far left lane of me, as I was spinning out I finally crashed into the middle divider of the highway a mile from my exit. I was fine, no one got hurt or was involved in my accident thank God and my car wasn't even totaled. An off duty cop stopped and pulled over to ask if I was okay, I was a little shooken up but I told him I was fine and thanked him for stopping. My car was JUST out of the lane of traffic, my back left bumper was what was damaged and that was it which I took off later and made it look good as new after a little paint and everything she was fine lol.

Morale of this story is, God was watching over both of in these moments Caped Crusader. There wasn't an ice cubes chance in hell that I thought I would dodge those semi trucks while uncontrollably hydroplaning. At the end of it all a cop showed up and long story short I got a ticket for failure to maintain control of my vehicle, but the cop completely dismissed the fact that the guy that was behind me in the right lane didn't even have his headlights on, if he did I probably would have never attempted to get over that soon in the first place. But that was my fault I guess. By law in most states, if you have your wipers on you HAVE to have your headlights on. I thought that was common sense but what do I know, it was only monsoon type weather lol Glad you're okay man.

Glad you're okay too. Unfortunately/Fortunately, I'm not the religious type. My wife and Mom are...so I'd like to believe them having a say might have had something to do with it. I'd like to thank my driving skill, but one could argue it got me into that situation. Regardless, to shoot into any woods going 60+ and come out unharmed...is quite unbelievable. I still look back at the pictures and ask how...I don't get it...I'm very thankful for having my vest on though, even with it on, I had a pretty good seat belt burn. 

Reply/Quote