Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost every Bengals starter is grading worse this season than last year by PFF
So much for the new staff 'coaching guys up' or the team being better in coaching by 'default'.

I get that there are injuries, but shouldn't the healthy guys be playing the same or better? For instance, why is our secondary regressing?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Bobby Hart's rating is 6.4 points worse than last year. HOW is that possible? He was the worst starting RT in football and he's now worse.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 04:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So much for the new staff 'coaching guys up' or the team being better in coaching by 'default'.

I get that there are injuries, but shouldn't the healthy guys be playing the same or better? For instance, why is our secondary regressing?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mike Brown and Co will not let facts get in the way of believing in what they're doing.

It's full throttle as this team nose dives into the abyss.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 04:40 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Mike Brown and Co will not let facts get in the way of believing in what they're doing.

It's full throttle as this team nose dives into the abyss.

These numbers totally show that coaching is atleast part of the issue. Basically most of the team got much worse.

HC, Coordinators, Position Coaches...they've made players WORSE.
Reply/Quote
I liked Taylor but I hated the staff he brought in. And although I don't necessarily think PFF grades are accurate, this is at least some evidence that these coaches are not doing their jobs.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Just shows that ZT and his in-laws might be a bad hire. I never liked the hire because he has nothing on his resume that shows he improved anything and the Brown family fell for the media narrative that anybody near McVay would be a good coach.
Reply/Quote
It could be adjusting to new system. It could be coaching staff at specific positions. It could be the offensive and defensive schemes. It could be performance issues against particular opponents. My guess is all of these are relevant in lowered PFF scores.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
How much of it's two units bringing the whole team down?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 04:53 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It could be adjusting to new system.  It could be coaching staff at specific positions.  It could be the offensive and defensive schemes.  It could be performance issues against particular opponents.  My guess is all of these are relevant in lowered PFF scores.

Most of those things point to coaching.

The Packers have a new HC and coaches and things seem to be fine there.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 04:56 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: How much of it's two units bringing the whole team down?

Does that explain guys like Bates regressing?

The offensive line was bad last year. Now Hart's worse.
Reply/Quote
Lawson is the most surprising
He has been a non factor when he's on the field
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 05:03 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Lawson is the most surprising
He has been a non factor when he's on the field

Indeed. Either hurt or a non-factor when he plays.

He's all hype at this point. And he's not good against the run.
Reply/Quote
Clearly it's just all bad around the team.

Pretty depressing giving a new coach was the only promising thing we had going for the next generation, and it looks like another generation is lost.

There's always 2035.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 05:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: Clearly it's just all bad around the team.

Pretty depressing giving a new coach was the only promising thing we had going for the next generation, and it looks like another generation is  lost.

There's always 2035.

How does that explain the same guys we had here last year getting WORSE?

The players were all better last year.
Reply/Quote
I wonder how typical this is when you completely revamp offensive and defensive schemes.

Either way, we apparently "have the right people", so this points specifically to coaching lol.
Reply/Quote
Everybody in this league has talent. Even a bum like Nick Vigil has
"Talent" ....but it comes down to.desire and mental aptitude on the field.
The Bengals don't have a real.intelligent team overall football wise
The drive to win and dominate is not a common trait that all 53 have.
Reply/Quote
When healthy Lazor had this offense scoring 35+ a game.

I just don't understand it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 04:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Does that explain guys like Bates regressing?

The offensive line was bad last year. Now Hart's worse.

Yes it would that's was the whole point of the statement. 1 group not being able to do there Job would bring down the whole unit.  
As for Hart being worse well he wasn't that good to begin with.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 04:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: These numbers totally show that coaching is atleast part of the issue. Basically most of the team got much worse.

HC, Coordinators, Position Coaches...they've made players WORSE.

Oh, I believe coaching is top of the list when it comes to the team's 0-5 start and players regressing.

Mike Brown and Co didn't bother to bring in any upgraded personnel so it's easier to see the regression as the players are mostly the same ones as 2018.

Mike Brown counts on the draft almost exclusively for talent upgrades, but the 2019 draft was lots of swings and misses. The draft didn't upgrade a single spot, except backup QB, and that's only a judgement based on pre-season games.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 04:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Bobby Hart's rating is 6.4 points worse than last year. HOW is that possible? He was the worst starting RT in football and he's now worse.

At the bottom end of the scale there is less room to fall.
Reply/Quote