Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alot that people don't know about mixon
1st off not saying mixon was right at all, with that being said, the girl was not some little innocent kid. If you got a second you guys should watch this video.

https://youtu.be/u-6wHY06GH8

Girl has been in trouble with the law numerous times , joe was called the n word and spit on.

Once again not saying what he did was excuseable but would it if been ok if it was a guy saying and committing the actions she did ?
Reply/Quote
And of course in the NFL on the field, NOOOOBODY is ever going to spit on him in the pile, or call him the N word, knowing the guy has a short fuse and can't control himself.

Broken hand and a suspension waiting to happen. As we saw with Odell Beckham Jr last year and Burfict a couple times... if you're mentally weak, people will attack you mentally until you make an ass of yourself.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
No, it wouldn't have been right if it was a guy either. Most decent people would just walk away from that situation and approach the correct resolution. If I walk into a bar, someone spits on me and gives me racial crap, I'm phoning the police, not smacking the shit out of them and hospitalising them. It's not remotely the correct or excusable response.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 06:51 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: No, it wouldn't have been right if it was a guy either. Most decent people would just walk away from that situation and approach the correct resolution. If I walk into a bar, someone spits on me and gives me racial crap, I'm phoning the police, not smacking the shit out of them and hospitalising them. It's not remotely the correct or excusable response.

It's always easy to say shit like that but you don't know how you'll react until you do.

We'd all like to think we'll always walk the higher road.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 06:54 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: It's always easy to say shit like that but you don't know how you'll react until you do.

We'd all like to think we'll always walk the higher road.

And if I did not take the higher road in that instance, I would fully expect my community to react very unfavourably. 

I actually have absolute confidence I would not do the same. I personally think violence is pathetic in moreorless any form. If that's how you solve situations, then something is wrong (unless in more complex scenarios such as where self defence comes into play/is unavoidable).
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 06:51 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: No, it wouldn't have been right if it was a guy either. Most decent people would just walk away from that situation and approach the correct resolution. If I walk into a bar, someone spits on me and gives me racial crap, I'm phoning the police, not smacking the shit out of them and hospitalising them. It's not remotely the correct or excusable response.

Are you Black? 
Most of my black friends when we were that age were very offended when you called them racial names. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 06:59 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Are you Black? 
Most of my black friends when we were that age were very offended when you called them racial names. 

No I'm not, and I do appreciate that I personally cannot place myself in that exact situation due to this. I wouldn't say it's course to do what you like in response though.

I can remember being witness to an asian guy being called a couple of slurs by a couple of people who were passing by. He laughed and just called them dumb ***** for not coming up with something more original. Found it really powerful, completely shut the morons down.

(and no, I don't expect everyone would and could react the same... he obviously didn't care much, some would not have nearly the same tolerance for it).
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 06:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And of course in the NFL on the field, NOOOOBODY is ever going to spit on him in the pile, or call him the N word, knowing the guy has a short fuse and can't control himself.

Broken hand and a suspension waiting to happen. As we saw with Odell Beckham Jr last year and Burfict a couple times... if you're mentally weak, people will attack you mentally until you make an ass of yourself.

You all weekend : 

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 07:49 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: You all weekend : 

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

That's me realizing I am having trouble being proud of the players that make the team bearing my city's name.

To paraphrase Sam Wyche... "You don't live in Pittsburgh! You live in CINCINNATI!"

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 08:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's me realizing I am having trouble being proud of the players that make the team bearing my city's name.

To paraphrase Sam Wyche... "You don't live in Pittsburgh! You live in CINCINNATI!"

Speaking of paraphrasing do you remember what Sean Connery Mr "007" said?

"If a woman deserves a slap, well dammit I'll give it to her!"

LOL
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 09:18 PM)GodFather Wrote: Speaking of paraphrasing do you remember what Sean Connery Mr "007" said?

"If a woman deserves a slap, well dammit I'll give it to her!"

LOL

If its good for Sean Connery, then its good for the world.
Also, lets not forget, Mixon was a young kid at the time.
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 06:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And of course in the NFL on the field, NOOOOBODY is ever going to spit on him in the pile, or call him the N word, knowing the guy has a short fuse and can't control himself.

He's played in plenty of college games since then and as far as I know, never once has been known to have a short fuse
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 08:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's me realizing I am having trouble being proud of the players that make the team bearing my city's name.

Go watch Pee Wee Football then.

You won't find a team in the NFL without a criminal on it, plenty of them worse than Mixon, comes with the territory when talking about the NFL.
Reply/Quote