Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Already Rooting AFC Teams To Lose To Help Bengals Play-Off Hopes
Carolina vs Denver, and then it dawned on me....I want AFC Teams to lose. ...Carolina winning doesn't hurt Bengals one bit, but a Denver loss may end up huge in December. ...So NFL football is back and I'm already rooting for the other AFC Teams to lose. A great first week would also be Bengals winning and all other AFC North teams losing. ...Game still on, Denver ahead with 9 minutes to go....Rooting for Panther come back.....GO BENGALS !!!

Missed Field Goal, Broncos win.......Thinking Bengals made it more interesting to me. ...I think they said Patriots play Arizona. Maybe Arizona can help Bengals a little. Only 16 games, so not to early to root for some help. ...Steelers going 0-16 would be nice.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Doesn't matter, we will beat the Broncos week 3
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If our Bengals are fortunate enough to make the playoffs, they must out perform whatever team they face.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 01:31 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: If our Bengals are fortunate enough to make the playoffs, they must out perform whatever team they face.

[Image: You_are_a_genius.gif]

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 01:31 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: If our Bengals are fortunate enough to make the playoffs, they must out perform whatever team they face.

but if last nights game had no meaning to my Bengals, I would not have watched any of it.  Hoping a NFC team knocked off a AFC power to help my Bengals was my only motivation to watch this sucker.  I watch Bengals and Ohio State if they play a good team. Looking at schedule I see some worthy Ohio State games, such as at Oklahoma this month. I have to be a homer to get into the game. Big reason I haven't watched Thanksgiving football in decades, what do I care about Detroit or Dallas. I'm looking forward to Bengals on Christmas Eve and New Years Day. GO BENGALS......Arizona knocking off Patriots would help, but Bengals have to win Sunday. When Bengals lose, I can't watch football after that. If Bengals win, that is different. ...I'm a homer. I just don't care about NFL other than my Bengals.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 07:49 AM)kevin Wrote: but if last nights game had no meaning to my Bengals, I would not have watched any of it.  Hoping a NFC team knocked off a AFC power to help my Bengals was my only motivation to watch this sucker.  I watch Bengals and Ohio State if they play a good team. Looking at schedule I see some worthy Ohio State games, such as at Oklahoma this month. I have to be a homer to get into the game. Big reason I haven't watched Thanksgiving football in decades, what do I care about Detroit or Dallas. I'm looking forward to Bengals on Christmas Eve and New Years Day.  GO BENGALS......Arizona knocking off Patriots would help, but Bengals have to win Sunday. When Bengals lose, I can't watch football after that.  If Bengals win, that is different. ...I'm a homer.  I just don't care about NFL other than my Bengals.

I will watch most of the games on every week. I'm not a big fan of TV series/shows and it's easy to look up any game you miss, so out of the 16 games that are played this week I will at least watch 10 of them. Honestly I will probably watch all of them because I was switched to 3rd shift and most of the time I'm not doing anything unless something breaks down (which doesn't happen very often) and the 3rd shift bosses dgaf what you do as long as the plant is producing power.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 01:29 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Doesn't matter, we will beat the Broncos week 3

Denver's 'D' looked pretty tough last night.  Their QB looked pretty decent, also, for being his first start. I actually wish we played them several games later since there's be more tape on the QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 07:49 AM)kevin Wrote: but if last nights game had no meaning to my Bengals, I would not have watched any of it.  Hoping a NFC team knocked off a AFC power to help my Bengals was my only motivation to watch this sucker.  I watch Bengals and Ohio State if they play a good team. Looking at schedule I see some worthy Ohio State games, such as at Oklahoma this month. I have to be a homer to get into the game. Big reason I haven't watched Thanksgiving football in decades, what do I care about Detroit or Dallas. I'm looking forward to Bengals on Christmas Eve and New Years Day.  GO BENGALS......Arizona knocking off Patriots would help, but Bengals have to win Sunday. When Bengals lose, I can't watch football after that.  If Bengals win, that is different. ...I'm a homer.  I just don't care about NFL other than my Bengals.

Your last line sums up my thoughts too.
Reply/Quote
If the original post is a roll call post, I raise my hand. Not only reason I watch (I like football in general) but certainly I want good teams in the AFC like Denver to lose.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
I'm getting to the point where I don't like the NFC or their "fans" so I don't find myself in the same boat as you OP. The Bengals will find themselves in whatever spot they earned so I will be rooting for AFC teams most of time (unless it is shitsburgh or the cheatriots).
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 07:39 AM)jeremydc Wrote: [Image: You_are_a_genius.gif]

We have lost to teams with crummy records in the playoffs before.They step up their game while we crap the bed.
Reply/Quote