Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Already being picked to miss 2016 playoffs
Saw one on MSN that had us pegged as 1 of 10 teams likely to make the Super Bowl.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The coaching changes are not a lot to deal with. Paul is still the DC, and Zampese is not a new face that will try to change things, he is already very familiar with the offense. So I don't really see the coaching changes as a big deal.

Now as far as FA's go, we should have more than enough $ to sign the top 4 FA's. If not, then we look for another FA or to the draft (if we don't already have someone on the team that can fill in like the several safety's that we have).

The core positions (OL/DL) is still intact and the other positions like LB/WR/S/CB could be hurt a little by departures, but at the same time we've got youth in several of those positions. I could see us going DT/LB/WR in the draft and actually improving as a team.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2016, 01:53 AM)jowczarski Wrote: This is one of those things "we" are told to do because it generates just this -- shares/hits etc. Look at Graziano's "prediction" that the Bengals will win the Super Bowl next year. No one actually read that or they wouldn't be sharing it. It wasn't a "prediction" -- he said at some point Charlie Brown is going to kick the ball.

The Bengals were also a team that was going to miss the playoffs last year (and my partner Paul Dehner Jr. said it's happened several times the last few years) -- and the Ravens were going to the Super Bowl. Part of this is national perception. Yes, people will forget Dalton was a top 5 MVP candidate before he was hurt. Marvin isn't a media darling. The Bengals don't woo the national media.

Right now, if I had to - I'd peg them at 10-6/11-5 and either the AFC North champs or a WC team, battling with the Steelers provided good health again.

(02-10-2016, 12:21 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We were picked not to repeat last off season as well.

I'm pretty sure we've been picked to miss the postseason every year since the 2011 season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 07:54 PM)pally Wrote: As usual no respect..also picked not to repeat..Redskins, Chiefs, and Texans

USAToday-FTW

By: Steven Ruiz | February 9, 2016 1:12 pm

The Bengals making an appearance on this list says more about the division they play in than it does about the team itself. The Steelers should be a lot healthier in 2016 after losing Ben Roethlisberger and Le’Veon Bell for significant periods of time during the 2015 regular season. The Ravens will not stay down for long, and were probably the unluckiest team in the NFL when it comes to injuries. The AFC North is a battle every year, so Cincinnati dropping from first to third would not be much of a shock.

It’s not just their divisional opponents the Bengals have to worry about either. Six impactful starters are headed for free agency this offseason, as well as two key reserves. Cincinnati has about $36 million in cap room for the upcoming offseason, according to Spotrac’s projections, but most of that will go to trying to keep this team together. It’s unlikely the Bengals will be able to re-sign all of those expired contracts and there certainly won’t be enough money left over to adequately replace the players they lost.

The coaching staff has already taken a huge hit with the departure of offensive coordinator Hue Jackson, one of the best play-callers in the league. Jackson’s offense, and Andy Dalton’s familiarity with it, was a big reason for the quarterback’s breakout season. The playbook may not change much with quarterbacks coach Ken Zampese getting the promotion, but there will surely be growing pains as Dalton adjusts to a new voice in his helmet.

I don't even consider USA Today valid news source. They're boring and I never read their articles nor newspapers. That's pretty stupid to count the Bengals out. First of all... on that list the Redskins has a higher probability to miss the playoffs, and same with the Texans. To count Chiefs, and Bengals out... I want to know who the hell wrote that article and what's their profession? It's probably some nerdy guy with thick frames from India. Their news paper is probably outsourced to Delhi and the people that wrote it have no idea what they are talking about. In fact, they probably don't even know the players on these teams. 

Feel my wrath? lmao
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 07:54 PM)pally Wrote: As usual no respect..also picked not to repeat..Redskins, Chiefs, and Texans

USAToday-FTW

By: Steven Ruiz | February 9, 2016 1:12 pm

The Bengals making an appearance on this list says more about the division they play in than it does about the team itself. The Steelers should be a lot healthier in 2016 after losing Ben Roethlisberger and Le’Veon Bell for significant periods of time during the 2015 regular season. The Ravens will not stay down for long, and were probably the unluckiest team in the NFL when it comes to injuries. The AFC North is a battle every year, so Cincinnati dropping from first to third would not be much of a shock.

It’s not just their divisional opponents the Bengals have to worry about either. Six impactful starters are headed for free agency this offseason, as well as two key reserves. Cincinnati has about $36 million in cap room for the upcoming offseason, according to Spotrac’s projections, but most of that will go to trying to keep this team together. It’s unlikely the Bengals will be able to re-sign all of those expired contracts and there certainly won’t be enough money left over to adequately replace the players they lost.

The coaching staff has already taken a huge hit with the departure of offensive coordinator Hue Jackson, one of the best play-callers in the league. Jackson’s offense, and Andy Dalton’s familiarity with it, was a big reason for the quarterback’s breakout season. The playbook may not change much with quarterbacks coach Ken Zampese getting the promotion, but there will surely be growing pains as Dalton adjusts to a new voice in his helmet.

Same thing said the last 4 off seasons.
Nothing to see here.
Reply/Quote
I hope we are ranked at #32 in the power rankings because that will make us mad enough to blah blah blah etc.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2016, 12:26 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: So the guy that led Dalton to the MVP caliber season, the guy that was honored as the Assistant Coach of the Year leaving is good thing because the play calling will now go to the guy that has been passed up multiple times by this very organization for any promotion?  Sorry, but I will believe Zampese being the OC is a bonus when I see it.

Hue got way too cute with things.  It's not like Hue transformed this offense.  They were already pretty good when Gruden was the OC.  
Reply/Quote
what a joke...
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 10:03 PM)BigRed75 Wrote: What exactly did Hue Jackson do to get labeled as one of the best play callers in the league? I felt this offense could have been much more prolific had it not been for his asinine play calling. A prime example of this was the Cardinals game. Bengals fall way behind and they finally decide to open up the playbook and let Andy throw down field.

Well, dalton was an mvp candidate. No where in the conversation in 2014.
Our offense was strong despite anemic run production. 7th overall in scoring.
Despite the ball being well distributed, none of the individual players whined about it.
Jackson was probably one of the more creative ocs, though his gimmicks annoyed some.

Not too shabby.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 11:28 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Who are these 6 impactful starters?

Andre Smith
Marvin Jones

Pac-man
Illoka
Nelson
Hall?

Honestly, I don't see 6 guys that need to be re-signed.  I see 4 starters (Jones x 2, Nelson and Iloka)

What was the bengals "base" formation? Probably, 3 wrs, 1 te, right? It wasn't a 2 te set, nor would I have thought it was with a fb, either.

The 6 could be Marvin jones, mo sanu), Andre Smith, pacman (3rd CB is often viewed as a "starter"), George Iloka, Reggie Nelson.

Or Leon Hall.

Of course, this doesn't count the rotational players of Vinnie Rey, wallace Gilberry, pat Sims, Brandon Thompson, Eric Winston, E lamur.

Nor does it take into consideration the departure of my 3 defensive coaches and an oc ("upgraded" to the thrice passed over qb coach).

This team is going to be different. Different players, probably less experience, and with a lot of new positional coaches.

The steelers changes are the return of the best rb in football, a great center, a lt, and a healthy Big Ben (until he is not).

The Ravens and steelers were in the top 5 of games missed by starters ( so we're the patriots).
The bengals were among the lowest with games missed.

It is always interest in the afc north.
Reply/Quote