Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alshon Jeffery best fit?
(02-12-2017, 07:07 PM)Jpoore Wrote: yes! That is exactly what I want. Look how well it's worked for the colts with Reggie Wayne and Marvin harrisson. Do u really trust those players with the game on their line? I don't. I love Boyd in the slot, but I hate lafell. Also he's supposed to get 6-7 million? No thank you. Core can't run routes but he may develop. I want to draft mike Williams more than anything. He had less than 400 yards in 10 games. At least with Jones u could trust him with the game on the line. 

How many star WR's did the Patriots have for most of their Super Bowls? You need a good offensive line to win in the NFL. A bad line and star WR's...won't cut it.

I see Jeffery as overrated. He's injured a lot...and he's now been suspended.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 07:12 PM)Jpoore Wrote: What bigger problems? Oline then wr as I see it. He had less than 400 yards in 10 games. U can't count on him when the games on the line. Most of the time he couldn't even beat 1 on 1 coverage. This is why we need to get a new actual number 2 in fa or draft mike Williams. Number 2 wrs are Randall Cobb, martavius Bryant, sterling shepard/vixtor Cruz, etc. Lafell is not in that group. 

Nah...offensive line, defensive line, LB, and Kicker are all bigger problems than WR. If Kirkpatrick leaves via free agency, CB is a bigger issue too.

This team won't win until they can run the ball against good teams and that means fixing the offensive line.

I'd rather draft Mike Williams than sign Jeffery. I'd rather draft Cook/Fournette than Williams. I'd rather draft Rueben Foster than any of them. Shows you my priorities.
Reply/Quote
Him and Green together would be deadly
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 07:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Nah...offensive line, defensive line, LB, and Kicker are all bigger problems than WR. If Kirkpatrick leaves via free agency, CB is a bigger issue too.

This team won't win until they can run the ball against good teams and that means fixing the offensive line.

I'd rather draft Mike Williams than sign Jeffery. I'd rather draft Cook/Fournette than Williams. I'd rather draft Rueben Foster than any of them. Shows you my priorities.

Foster just had surgery on his rotator cuff...
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Our Oline lost us the season no way westerman is near zeitlers level or Paul A should be fired
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2017, 08:16 PM)Trademark Wrote: Foster just had surgery on his rotator cuff...

That probably makes it more likely that we draft him.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I do think that IF Jeffery could stay healthy and not get suspended...that he would be a great WR to pair with Green.

The ramification of that move would likely be losing Eifert when he was a free agent as no way would we be able to afford 2 high paid WR's, a high-paid QB, and a high-paid TE on offense.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2017, 06:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I do think that IF Jeffery could stay healthy and not get suspended...that he would be a great WR to pair with Green.

The ramification of that move would likely be losing Eifert when he was a free agent as no way would we be able to afford 2 high paid WR's, a high-paid QB, and a high-paid TE on offense.
We actually would be able to imo. Next year the only free agent of note are burfict and eifert that's it. I think we could get both for between 16-18 million combined.
Reply/Quote
Jeffrey turned down a $12 million avg deal with Chicago. We won't even make an offer.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2017, 09:10 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Jeffrey turned down a $12 million avg deal with Chicago.  We won't even make an offer.

he's also said he wants to go somewhere he can win. He doesn't want to play for the bears. Think he would take a big discount just to get out of Chicago. 
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 02:02 AM)Jpoore Wrote: he's also said he wants to go somewhere he can win. He doesn't want to play for the bears. Think he would take a big discount just to get out of Chicago. 

If he wants to win, why would he consider coming here to a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 23 years?

This team needs a fix on the offensive line and defensive front 7. That needs to be the focus.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 02:08 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If he wants to win, why would he consider coming here to a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 23 years?

This team needs a fix on the offensive line and defensive front 7. That needs to be the focus.

If u believe than a wr of his talent is all that they're missing... Also he knows that our qb actually cares about the game. But the oline problems were partially due to wrs not being able to get open ala lafell. The RT spot in my mind should be solid in fisher.  He really seemed to play well when he got extended snaps there.  Whit will resign and if z can resign as well our oline will be great again provided we draft a Center. Defensive line imo will be pretty solid with Billings returning. If we get a rde as well(personally prefer demarcus Walker) we will probably have a top 3 defensive line. Our lb is usually only play 2 and I love the 2 we have in burfict and vigil. 
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 02:02 AM)Jpoore Wrote: he's also said he wants to go somewhere he can win. He doesn't want to play for the bears. Think he would take a big discount just to get out of Chicago. 

A player looking for 12-15 million annual contract is not going to take a big discount.  And IF he did it won't be for 7-9 million.  And it won't be to come here.  There is virtually no chance he comes here.  Put that in your pipe dream and smoke it.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 08:32 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: A player looking for 12-15 million annual contract is not going to take a big discount.  And IF he did it won't be for 7-9 million.  And it won't be to come here.  There is virtually no chance he comes here.  Put that in your pipe dream and smoke it.

I just don't think he gets aj green money. He's a player that has constantly been hurt, and fresh off a suspension for ped use. I don't think there any way he commands that type of money between the injuries and the suspension.
Reply/Quote

So you think a guy that says he wants to go somewhere to win...means he'd come here?

26+ years without a playoff win. Every other team has won a playoff game since then with most winning 5+ over that span.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 04:22 PM)Jpoore Wrote: If u believe than a wr of his talent is all that they're missing... Also he knows that our qb actually cares about the game. But the oline problems were partially due to wrs not being able to get open ala lafell. The RT spot in my mind should be solid in fisher.  He really seemed to play well when he got extended snaps there.  Whit will resign and if z can resign as well our oline will be great again provided we draft a Center. Defensive line imo will be pretty solid with Billings returning. If we get a rde as well(personally prefer demarcus Walker) we will probably have a top 3 defensive line. Our lb is usually only play 2 and I love the 2 we have in burfict and vigil. 

OK...explain how WR is the reason we can't run the ball...

Dude...we need starters at these spots:

A RT.
A C.
A Guard if Zeitler leaves which it looks like he will.
A LT if Whitworth leaves.
A WR2.
DE
DT
2 LB
Possibly CB if Kirkpatrick leaves.

We're more than a star WR2 away from competing.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 10:11 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I just don't think he gets aj green money. He's a player that has constantly been hurt, and fresh off a suspension for ped use. I don't think there any way he commands that type of money between the injuries and the suspension.

There are teams with $90+ million in cap space this year. The 49ers and Browns. Someone will throw a huge offer his way.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 10:11 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I just don't think he gets aj green money. He's a player that has constantly been hurt, and fresh off a suspension for ped use. I don't think there any way he commands that type of money between the injuries and the suspension.

I don't think he gets aj money either, but he's not taking 7-9 mil either.  He probably knows he can get his 12 mil from the Bears.  Someone will make a big offer to him as someone said.  

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see him in stripes but not with all our other needs.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 07:12 PM)Jpoore Wrote: What bigger problems? Oline then wr as I see it. He had less than 400 yards in 10 games. U can't count on him when the games on the line. Most of the time he couldn't even beat 1 on 1 coverage. This is why we need to get a new actual number 2 in fa or draft mike Williams. Number 2 wrs are Randall Cobb, martavius Bryant, sterling shepard/vixtor Cruz, etc. Lafell is not in that group. 

Center, RT, RG if Zeitler leaves, RB if Rex leaves, Kicker, LB before WR and even TE cause of Eifert's
injuries and Kroft fell off last year...

Plus if Whit leaves, LT. Tons of holes this Offseason so far.

Not saying i am against Jeffery or another WR, i just think Lafell is good, Core could be very good,
Boyd is good, Green is great, Eifert is great when healthy etc. If we can get our O-line solidified our
run game will get better.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 11:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There are teams with $90+ million in cap space this year. The 49ers and Browns. Someone will throw a huge offer his way.

Yes. Jeffery could be the WR1 on both of those teams. I'd bet more toward 49ers since the Browns would likely continue with Pryor over bringing in Jeffery.

Regardless, people need to quit thinking the Bengals will invest in a top-tier, in-his-prime WR like Jeffery when they already have AJ Green and will likely be looking to pay Eifert by next offseason. The only way they would consider a signing like that is if they decided to let Eifert walk.

Now, if we're talking potential upgrade that would be an improvement over LaFell but also toward the end of his career and could come in on a 1-2 year deal....consider Brandon Marshall if he's released from the Jets (multiple rumors this could happen). He's never played in the postseason and he's 32 years old. He probably only has two good years left at best.

However, I'm expecting a WR more in the $5 million or less range because that's what the Bengals do. Some second-tier WR like Terrance Williams who essentially got demoted to the fourth option in the offense and wants more opportunities, re-sign LaFell because the Bengals like to retain their own average-solid quality players, or draft a WR on day one or two.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote