Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alt helmet
10 AM today is when they are going to be announced.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 10:02 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: 10 AM today is when they are going to be announced.

Promises, promises...
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 10:02 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: 10 AM today is when they are going to be announced.

Maybe it was 10 AM SOME day
Reply/Quote
I don't know what is going on with this but someone somewhere is getting their ass chewed out.
Reply/Quote
They made an announcement on twitter. It is on the front page of this board.

The pics they are showing of the white and black helmet on the players with the white uni's look sweet to me. Cool

Been waiting for years for them to do this.
Reply/Quote
I can’t wait to see the white helmets!! Regarding the orange helmets with the white uniforms……this may sound silly but when I wore them while playing Madden I thought the orange helmet looked better with orange socks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPGAqAL8MSw&list=PLRSuNan_grfG1Wur0Ch7fd-RsfrfyzN7k&index=3&t=199s
Reply/Quote
White helmet and black stripe now. Next year or year after retire the orange helmet with black stripes. Then make our new second helmet Matte black with orange stripes to wear with our black and orange jersey.
Reply/Quote
Friend here told our group chat yesterday that he got the inside scoop from a dude in the area he was doing a job for that they would have alt white helmets.

I assumed the jerseys would also be white because it would look dumb with black or orange jerseys and white helmets.

I guess I'm in the minority but I'm not a big fan. The orange and black IS the Bengals and has more of the jungle feel.

The white seems too soft to me.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 10:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Friend here told our group chat yesterday that he got the inside scoop from a dude in the area he was doing a job for that they would have alt white helmets.

I assumed the jerseys would also be white because it would look dumb with black or orange jerseys and white helmets.

I guess I'm in the minority but I'm not a big fan. The orange and black IS the Bengals and has more of the jungle feel.

I'm with ya Brad. The white helmet with black magic marker stripes, looks cheap, lacks imagination. 
Reply/Quote
I am usually not a fan of "gimmick" uniforms. The NBA has gone crazy. When I come across a game on TV it is often impossible for me to tell who is playing by the uniforms. And in the last couple of years MLB has gone over the edge. This is one of the uniforms the Boston Red Sox are wearing this year

[Image: boston-red-sox-yellow-jersey-2021-new-ci...-nike_.jpg]

How many people would even realize that yellow and powder blue "Boston" jersey was for the Red Sox? It makes no sense at all.

And when the Bengals wore their color rush uniforms with their orange/black helmets I didn't think it looked right.

But this white/black helmet looks great with our all white uniforms. And it is not some weird outlandish color. I know that technically white tigers are not Bengal tigers, but who gives a shit. Seahawks are not neon green and rams are not blue/yellow. It just looks sick.

The Bengals just crushed this.
Reply/Quote
There was an article about 5-7 years ago where the reporter mentioned that Mike Brown had a helmet on his desk that was white with black stripes. I think Mike told him it was a gift.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 12:23 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm with ya Brad. The white helmet with black magic marker stripes, looks cheap, lacks imagination. 

Same with the jersey.

Need some other colors to have something to look at and to be exciting to watch.

Who wants to watch white blobs out on the field?

The orange and black at least stimulates the eye and that part of your brain.
Reply/Quote
I can understand why some fans need bright colors and shiny objects to hold their attention, but when you break down football to its most basic essence you will understand that the game finds its fullest expression in black-and-white.

Vince Lombardi didn't use a box of Crayola's to explain football. He used white chalk on a on a black chalkboard. That's the way real men do it.
Reply/Quote
the Marvin helmet never materialized. As long as they don't have the agonizing "B" on the helmet, i'm ok with it.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 09:43 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: the Marvin helmet never materialized. As long as they don't have the agonizing "B" on the helmet, i'm ok with it.

"Agonizing"?

Seriously? You let a team logo get to you like that?
Reply/Quote
Meh I'm ok with this but it would have played better if implemented when we were watching bad football. I don't crave gimmicks when we are good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 10:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Friend here told our group chat yesterday that he got the inside scoop from a dude in the area he was doing a job for that they would have alt white helmets.

(07-15-2022, 12:23 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm with ya Brad. The white helmet with black magic marker stripes, looks cheap, lacks imagination. 

I get some of what you are saying guys. I just didn't like the orange and black helmets with the white uni's.

You don't have a tiger out in nature with an orange and black head and a white and black body lol

This makes it more realistic to me, we will see how they look come the game. I might change my mind, but I doubt it.

I think they look sick from all the pics I have seen.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 11:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh I'm ok with this but it would have played better if implemented when we were watching bad football. I don't crave gimmicks when we are good.

It might have played better, but we were not allowed due to the rules.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 09:05 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: White helmet and black stripe now. Next year or year after retire the orange helmet with black stripes. Then make our new second helmet Matte black with orange stripes to wear with our black and orange jersey.

Ban
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2022, 02:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It might have played better, but we were not allowed due to the rules.

Oh that's a good point. Sometimes I'm just a big ol sexy idiot. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote