Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA
Woohoo infrastructure day!
http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/15/media/daily-caller-fox-news-video-car-crashing-liberal-protesters/

Quote:Fox News, Daily Caller delete posts encouraging people to drive through protests

[Image: 170815172643-protesters-blocking-road-780x439.jpg]
[/url][url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Fox%20News%2C%20Daily%20Caller%20delete%20posts%20encouraging%20people%20to%20drive%20through%20protests&via=CNNMoney&related=CNNMoney%3ABreaking%20news%20and%20in-depth%20looks%20at%20the%20most%20important%20business%20stories%20of%20the%20day.&url=http://cnnmon.ie/2vBG3qu]
Months before a man allegedly turned his vehicle into a weapon and plowed through a group of protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia, an article that made the rounds in conservative media encouraged readers to do something similar.

Originally published by The Daily Caller and later syndicated or aggregated by several other websites, including Fox Nation, an offshoot of Fox News' website, it carried an unsubtle headline: "Here's A Reel Of Cars Plowing Through Protesters Trying To Block The Road." Embedded in the article was a minute-and-a-half long video showing one vehicle after another driving through demonstrations. The footage was set to a cover of Ludacris' "Move *****."

The article was published in January, but it drew renewed attention on Tuesday following this weekend's deadly incident in Charlottesville. As the outrage grew on Twitter, Fox News took action, deleting the version Fox Nation had published.
"The item was inappropriate and we've taken it down. We regret posting it in January," Noah Kotch, the editor-in-chief of Fox News Digital, said in a statement provided to CNNMoney.

Within hours, the Daily Caller had deleted the original post. That version had been published by Mike Raust, who is listed as The Daily Caller's video editor.

"Here's a compilation of liberal protesters getting pushed out of the way by cars and trucks. Study the technique; it may prove useful in the next four years," Raust wrote. "None of these clips are new, but that doesn't mean they're not still fresh."
The Daily Caller's editor-in-chief did not respond to two emails sent to him seeking comment.

Fox was far from the only outlet to pick up Raust's post. Smaller conservative sites like Right Wing News and Conservative Post also published the video, and with glee.

There's precedent for this type of rhetoric in conservative media. In fact, Raust isn't even the first one at his outlet to endorse driving over protesters.

When thousands of demonstrators gathered Washington, D.C. in March to protest the Dakota Access pipeline, Daily Caller editor Katie Frates said on Twitter, "I wonder how many #NativeNationsRise #NoDAPL protesters I could run over before I got arrested #getouttamyway"

Glenn Reynolds, a conservative columnist and the proprietor of the blog Instapundit, was briefly suspended by Twitter last year for his own tweet encouraging drivers to run over protesters in North Carolina.

Lawmakers in several states have proposed laws this year intended to ease the liability for drivers who hit protesters. A bill in North Dakota's state legislature, introduced in response to the Dakota Access pipeline unrest in the state, would have made it legal to accidentally run over protesters in the road.

The measure failed to pass in February.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
[Image: 20840993_10211391960248616_3817997640728...e=5A2BD70A]
(08-15-2017, 08:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/15/full-text-trump-comments-white-supremacists-alt-left-transcript-241662

Full text.

"But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me. Not all of those people were white supremacists, by any stretch. Those people were also there because they wanted to protest the taking down of a statue, Robert E. Lee. So and you take a look at the groups and you see and you'd know it if you were honest reporters, but many of those people were there to protest the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. And this week it's Robert E. Lee. I notice that Stonewall Jackson is coming down. I wonder, is it George Washington next week and Thomas Jefferson the week after. You know you really have to ask yourself where does it stop? But, they were there to protest – excuse me – you take a look the night before, they were there to protest the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee. Infrastructure question. Go ahead

"Excuse me, they didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

" Oh no, George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down – excuse me. Are we going to take down, are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him? Okay, good. Are we going to take down his statue? He was a major slave owner. Are we going to take down his statue? You know what? It’s fine, you’re changing history, you’re changing culture, and you had people – and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally – but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people, but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats – you had a lot of bad people in the other group too."

" There were people in that rally, and I looked the night before. If you look, they were people protesting very quietly, the taking down the statue of Robert E. Lee. I’m sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day, it looked like they had some rough, bad people, neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call ‘em. But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest and very legally protest, because you know, I don't know if you know, but they had a permit. The other group didn't have a permit. So I only tell you this: there are two sides to a story. I thought what took place was a horrible moment for our country, a horrible moment. But there are two sides to the country. Does anybody have a final – does anybody have a final question? You have an infrastructure question."

"“I didn’t wait long, I didn’t wait long. I wanted to make sure, unlike most politicians, that what I said was correct, not make a quick statement. The statement I made on Saturday, the first statement, was a fine statement, but you don’t make statements that direct unless you know the fact. It takes a little while to get the facts. You still don’t know the facts. And it’s a very, very important process to me. And it’s a very important statement. So I don’t want to go quickly and just make a statement for the sake of making a political statement. I want to know the facts.”

REPORTER: Two questions: was this terrorism? And can you tell us how you are feeling about your Chief Strategist Steve Bannon?

TRUMP: I think the driver of the car is a disgrace to himself, his family and this country. And that is – you can call it terrorism, you can call it murder. You can call it whatever you want. I would just call it as the fastest one to come up with a good verdict. That’s what I’d call it. And there is a question. Is it murder? Is it terrorism? Then you get into legal semantics. The driver of the car is a murderer, and what he did was a horrible, horrible, inexcusable thing.

It's amazing how much worse he sounds when you read his speeches or press conferences. Those are the ramblings of a old, drunken, bigoted fool. Incoherent as all get out... It boggles my mind that he's taken seriously.

"Uh Thomas Jefferson; you like him? He was a major slave owner... Where does it stop?"

Conservatives... This is your guy?

You know it was all he could do to not say that they'd have to take down every MLK monument... (As Rush Limbaugh implied yesterday)... You know, because without George Washington and slavery; what did he ever do?

For the record,.. I don't have a problem with statues of Lee. It's hard to tell the story of Virginia or the United States without him.

Donald Trump is so small. At the first mention of McCain... "McCain who voted against healthcare?". No, John McCain; the man who served his country. We all know the backstory about being a POW, and refusing to be released before the others. Totured... Maimed... That John McCain...

For the record...I don't like John McCain. He's a fake maverick, and he introduced the world to Sarah Palin. He's a thousand times the man Donald Trump is though.

This is your guy? Republicans... This is your guy?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
I'm not really sure if Trump believes the things he says or is just hell bent on countering the media (His self proclaimed enemy.) cutting off his nose despite his face constantly.

He has nothing to gain most of the time when he throws these kind of tantrums and it's usually after the media gets done burning him that he resorts to this.

But is it really healthy to debate the motives of a mad man? You can't apply logic to egomaniacs.
(08-15-2017, 11:32 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I'm not really sure if Trump believes the things he says or is just hell bent on countering the media (His self proclaimed enemy.) cutting off his nose despite his face constantly.

Cutting off his nose "to spite" his face.  Just an FYI, no jerkiness intended.
(08-15-2017, 11:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Cutting off his nose "to spite" his face.  Just an FYI, no jerkiness intended.
Cool

Whoops.
(08-15-2017, 11:39 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Cool

Whoops.

It happens.  Wink
(08-15-2017, 11:32 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I'm not really sure if Trump believes the things he says or is just hell bent on countering the media (His self proclaimed enemy.) cutting off his nose despite his face constantly.

He has nothing to gain most of the time when he throws these kind of tantrums and it's usually after the media gets done burning him that he resorts to this.

But is it really healthy to debate the motives of a mad man? You can't apply logic to egomaniacs.

I think he does believe everything he says.  In his mind he's always right.  Other (stupid, loser) people need it explained to them by him.
Thanks Obama

(08-15-2017, 11:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Cutting off his nose "to spite" his face.  Just an FYI, no jerkiness intended.

It's actually "to spider face". 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-15-2017, 11:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think he does believe everything he says.  In his mind he's always right.  Other (stupid, loser) people need it explained to them by him.

Oh he definitely believes what he says because he has zero political experience & no desire to be a politician to know what should be said instead. It was fine during the campaign and all, since he was winning, and trying to appeal to those that did vote for him. But now is the real deal and he is still clueless on how to play the game in his favor. 

After today and his latest comments, quite a few Repubs are calling him as well are Dems of course.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/just-no-dems-republicans-blast-trumps-latest-charlottesville-remarks/ar-AAqahM5?li=BBnb7Kz
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: oezDEPi.png]
[Image: Oy3F1Xi.png]
[Image: l4xbgKS.png]
[Image: BmV6q6s.png]

(08-16-2017, 01:15 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Oh he definitely believes what he says because he has zero political experience & no desire to be a politician to know what should be said instead. It was fine during the campaign and all, since he was winning, and trying to appeal to those that did vote for him. But now is the real deal and he is still clueless on how to play the game in his favor. 

Agreed. He's any other racist 70 year old white man. He only watches Fox and Friends, he hates Mexicans and Muslims, and he shared dumb memes on the internet.

Look at any comments section on facebook. He's not the only one defending these guys simply because they were attacked by progressives. 

A few observations. Trump was right about one thing.
From watching the video from Saturday, those "alt left" protesters had sticks and shields also and looked like they were ready to do battle. It looked like a scene from the movie "Gangs of New York". Who started it who knows. What did the police think was going to happen? This should of been nipped in the bud Those Nazi's marching around Friday night with those torches looked like those old newsreels from Nazi Germany in the thirties. My father and uncles as many relatives of posters on here fought in WW 2 to stop the Nazi's from accomplishing their "dream". Carrying firearms to a protest? Its a wonder more people didn't get killed.
Now with the endorsement of their fearless draft dogging leader, the Nazi's will be more empowered than ever. Great job at being the POTUS there Donald.

[Image: 494bcdlw0bxu68v6g.jpg]
(08-15-2017, 11:03 PM)jason Wrote: " There were people in that rally, and I looked the night before. If you look, they were people protesting very quietly, the taking down the statue of Robert E. Lee. I’m sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day, it looked like they had some rough, bad people, neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call ‘em. But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest and very legally protest, because you know, I don't know if you know, but they had a permit."

The guy on the left with white shirt and sunglasses looks like a bad one to me. The others seem quiet enough. I bet they have a permit.
[Image: Confederate_Monuments_Protest_44202.jpg-...d7946f7903]
Note:  THIS ISN'T REAL.  IT IS A PARODY.  IT IS TO DEMONSTRATE THE INSANITY OF WHAT THE POTUS SAID. IT IS IN THIS THREAD RATHER THAN THE JOKE/MEME THREAD BECAUSE IT CONCERNS THE CONVERSATION GOING ON IN THIS THREAD.

Thank you.

[Image: 20799537_10155221541289998_4223311089809...e=5A2DD0C0]
(08-16-2017, 09:05 AM)GMDino Wrote: Note:  THIS ISN'T REAL.  IT IS A PARODY.  IT IS TO DEMONSTRATE THE INSANITY OF WHAT THE POTUS SAID.  IT IS IN THIS THREAD RATHER THAN THE JOKE/MEME THREAD BECAUSE IT CONCERNS THE CONVERSATION GOING ON IN THIS THREAD.

Thank you.

Are you sure this is a parody?

If I remember correctly, the first day of D-Day it was only ordinary Germans peacefully protesting the Allied landing. Then on the following day some rough people showed up. Including lots of Nazis. Probably no one would have been killed if the Allies had decided not to land.

You can't deny that the Allies and their "progressive" friends were shooting people too, although you would never know that if you only read the MSM.
(08-16-2017, 09:19 AM)Dill Wrote: Are you sure this is a parody?

If I remember correctly, the first day of D-Day it was only ordinary Germans peacefully protesting the Allied landing. Then on the following day some rough people showed up. Including lots of Nazis. Probably no one would have been killed if the Allies had decided not to land.

You can't deny that the Allies and their "progressive" friends were shooting people too, although you would never know that if you only read the MSM.

There were some people there who did not sign up as Nazis.  Believe me.  They were there just to defend their fellow Germans.  they only did what they told and then were attacked by the Allies.  Very bad.  Sad.
(08-16-2017, 01:32 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [Image: BmV6q6s.png]

This, of course, omits the assault on peaceful students that were counter-protesting that evening. It didn't get as much attention in the media, but I've seen the videos from someone there as a group of students encircling the statue of Jefferson were beaten with flaming tiki torches.