Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA
(08-12-2017, 03:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Huh...I thought that was a Muslim thing? Ninja

Apparently, the car of a white nationalist was trashed and this was retaliation.
(08-12-2017, 12:58 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I agree if those statues are on a battlefield like Lee's statute at Gettysburg which is hallowed ground.

But if it is just some random park that a bunch of white supremacists 100 years ago decided to put a statue of a Confederate at, then I could care less if they tear it down.

The statue needs to be somewhere, because it is a fantastic piece of art. But one of the big issues with this is that there has been focus on this superficial stuff and no focus on the very serious race issues in the city.

what makes me happiest about this is that these ignorant hateful ***** are taking advantage of a situation in a locality. They don't give two shits about these parks or these statues, they are there to do nothing but antagonize. Coming from all over the country just to be predatory. They make this world a shittier place on purpose.
(08-12-2017, 03:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Apparently, the car of a white nationalist was trashed and this was retaliation.

Seems equatable.

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
The car that plowed into the crowd: http://www.dailyprogress.com/gallery/unite-the-right-rally-pedestrians-hit-photos/collection_9ad95178-7f81-11e7-ba2b-5f75148f6c79.html

[Image: 598f4bec496db.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C800]

I want to point out, since you won't know this, the area they are in leads to a "walking mall." So while it may appear they are blocking traffic, there isn't very much through traffic on this street.
(08-12-2017, 02:16 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Are you guys close to civil war ?

Seeing nazis in America is really weird from an european view.

No. 

Nazis have been in America since the 1930's and 40's. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on 1st Amendment views, they are allowed to express their Nazi views and wear Nazi symbols while doing the Heil Hitler salute, which is banned in Germany and maybe elsewhere in Europe. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Richard Spencer and David Duke are both in the city, today. Both of them claim to be representing Trump's base. Trump will not disavow them. They are preying on the tensions in the community and it is despicable.
(08-12-2017, 03:48 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The car that plowed into the crowd: http://www.dailyprogress.com/gallery/unite-the-right-rally-pedestrians-hit-photos/collection_9ad95178-7f81-11e7-ba2b-5f75148f6c79.html

[Image: 598f4bec496db.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C800]

I want to point out, since you won't know this, the area they are in leads to a "walking mall." So while it may appear they are blocking traffic, there isn't very much through traffic on this street.

Haven't we seen countless videos of black lives matter and antifa people attack people in cars who they thought were trump voters? Any stopped car is at risk especially if a white person is driving when among leftist "protest" mobs.

I have been all for cars not stopping when protest mobs block roadways.
(08-12-2017, 04:12 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Richard Spencer and David Duke are both in the city, today. Both of them claim to be representing Trump's base. Trump will not disavow them. They are preying on the tensions in the community and it is despicable.

He disavowed those guys back in the campaign. He doesn't have to repeat it every time these guys speak.

Maybe the media should just stop giving both of these guys the coverage that gets them the attention they desire.
(08-12-2017, 04:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haven't we seen countless videos of black lives matter and antifa people attack people in cars who they thought were trump voters?   Any stopped car is at risk especially if a white person is driving when among leftist "protest" mobs.  

I have a well thought response for "thoughts" such as this.  It explains the difference, the valuing of life, the shaming of people who are violent because of racist/sexist/political beliefs.

Shut up.

Rock On

You need to click and read his whole thread.  Brilliant.
(08-12-2017, 04:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haven't we seen countless videos of black lives matter and antifa people attack people in cars who they thought were trump voters? Any stopped car is at risk especially if a white person is driving when among leftist "protest" mobs.

Except this was a deliberate situation of attempted murder by a white nationalist on a street that, as I pointed out in my post, doesn't have through traffic.

(08-12-2017, 04:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He disavowed those guys back in the campaign. He doesn't have to repeat it every time these guys speak.

Maybe the media should just stop giving both of these guys the coverage that gets them the attention they desire.

When/where did he disavow them? I'd like to see/hear what was said.

Also, when the protesters engaging in violence are shouting "heil Trump" at the top of their lungs, I think something needs to be said.

Edit: found it. Apparently they didn't get the message since they still say these things. And he should respond. He also didn't say anything until after the election, because he was too scared he would lose their vote.
(08-12-2017, 04:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haven't we seen countless videos of black lives matter and antifa people attack people in cars who they thought were trump voters?   Any stopped car is at risk especially if a white person is driving when among leftist "protest" mobs.  

If it was an attack, then arrest that person and prosecute them to the full extent of the law.

If it was a person trying to get through and is faced with a large and violent mob, I am sorry, but you lock the doors, never stop driving, and you never get out of the car. That's how you avoid getting beaten to death (or nearly beaten to death) in the middle of a street.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Reginald_Denny

So yeah, if it's an attack, that's horrible, but if it was just a driver, those people need to get the hell out of the road.

(08-12-2017, 04:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Except this was a deliberate situation of attempted murder by a white nationalist on a street that, as I pointed out in my post, doesn't have through traffic.

Has the person been caught and that's been proven? Or is it people just assuming that's what it is? Legit question, not being a smartass.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
No one to blame but the white-nationalists. If they didn't have ignorant and archaic views on the various races of humanity, none of this would be happening. I just hope those that are opposing them there don't get hurt, but I could care less about the whitepower folks.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-12-2017, 04:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: I have a well thought response for "thoughts" such as this.  It explains the difference, the valuing of life, the shaming of people who are violent because of racist/sexist/political beliefs.

Shut up.

Rock On

Protesting is fine. Do not block the roads. Car vs human is not one a human will win. Protestors do not get to shut down roadways and stop people's ability to go about their day.
(08-12-2017, 04:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If it was an attack, then arrest that person and prosecute them to the full extent of the law.

If it was a person trying to get through and is faced with a large and violent mob, I am sorry, but you lock the doors, never stop driving, and you never get out of the car. That's how you avoid getting beaten to death (or nearly beaten to death) in the middle of a street.

So yeah, if it's an attack, that's horrible, but if it was just a driver, those people need to get the hell out of the road.

Has the person been caught and that's been proven? Or is it people just assuming that's what it is? Legit question, not being a smartass.

It was an attack. Like I said, the street is not one for through traffic, he was going roughly 40 mph.
(08-12-2017, 04:20 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Protesting is fine.   Do not block the roads.   Car vs human is not one a human will win.    Protestors do not get to shut down roadways and stop people's ability to go about their day.

People don't get to run over people just because they are in their way.

Honestly I am ashamed that people would defend these white nation trash and their actions and words.

I'd hope people would be ashamed to do it but obviously not.
(08-12-2017, 04:20 PM)Millhouse Wrote: No one to blame but the white-nationalists. If they didn't have ignorant and archaic views on the various races of humanity, none of this would be happening. I just hope those that are opposing them there don't get hurt, but could care less about the whitepower folks.

They're disgusting, but suppressing 1st Amendment rights and not caring if mobs attack them during their lawful (if highly distasteful) protest is downright wrong. You either support free speech, or you don't. It doesn't matter if they're Nazi scum.

Once you start making exceptions of who you will and won't allow to have Free Speech, it no longer exists.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Wouldn't you know it?
The driver is from Ohio.

this is so stupid.

Just let the snaggle toothed racists protest and laugh at them as they lisp "Whith Powar" and move along. The counter protest gives the other power. Other racists across the country are seeing this now and if there was no counter protest, the rally would have been a little blurb on local news and would have been forgotten.
(08-12-2017, 04:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If it was an attack, then arrest that person and prosecute them to the full extent of the law.

Agreed. You and I are obviously on the same page.

The protestors shouldn't be blocking roads. The only way to stop them from blocking roads is for this stuff to happen more frequently. Without a doubt I would drive through a mob of protestors before stopping and getting swamped.

Who knows what will happen when they catch up to them but I can't see it trouble for him unless he says he was hunting leftists. Common sense says it's probably just someone scared.... and really who could blame them...