Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alt-right rallies in Charlottesville, VA
(08-12-2017, 04:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: People don't get to run over people just because they are in their way.

Honestly I am ashamed that people would defend these white nation trash and their actions and words.

I'd hope people would be ashamed to do it but obviously not.

So you would stop your car if surrounded by a black lives matter mob who was their typical violent selves attacking cars with white people in them? Or would you punch the gas and get the heck out of there?
(08-12-2017, 04:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So you would stop your car if surrounded by a black lives matter mob who was their typical violent selves attacking cars with white people in them?   Or would you punch the gas and get the heck out of there?

I would avoid the area entirely given that I was told well ahead of time.

But I also would not assume that it was a person afraid when the white trash nationalists are there.

Silly me...against the racists.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-12-2017, 04:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So you would stop your car if surrounded by a black lives matter mob who was their typical violent selves attacking cars with white people in them? Or would you punch the gas and get the heck out of there?

Seriously, stop trying to equate those situations. You are attempting to justify what was a deliberate attack on people on a street that is not for through traffic by someone going faster than the speed limit and has resulted in the loss of human life.
https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/2017/8/12/16138358/charlottesville-protests-david-duke-kkk"Why we voted for Donald
Quote:Trump": David Duke explains the white supremacist Charlottesville protests
TWEET SHARE
David Duke, the former KKK grand wizard, is unambiguous about what Saturday’s alt-right and neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, means to him: It’s the fulfillment of President Trump’s vision for America.

“We are determined to take our country back,” Duke said from the rally, calling it a “turning point.” “We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back.”

The Charlottesville rally is nominally about the removal of a statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee rather than anything in the Trump administration. But Duke was an enthusiastic supporter of Trump as far back as the Republican primary in 2016, and Trump’s reluctance to disavow that support was, briefly, a big issue.

Duke has remained a faithful Trump supporter since then, insisting that the president-elect’s policies line up with the former KKK leader’s vision for America.

He was less happy with Trump’s vague tweet condemning the violence later Saturday afternoon:

(08-12-2017, 04:26 PM)Belsnickel Wrote:

(08-12-2017, 04:28 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Seriously, stop trying to equate those situations. You are attempting to justify what was a deliberate attack on people on a street that is not for through traffic by someone going faster than the speed limit and has resulted in the loss of human life.

But Matt...it was a white guy.  He has to be given the benefit of the doubt!  Ninja
(08-12-2017, 04:15 PM)GMDino Wrote:
You need to click and read his whole thread.  Brilliant.

Headline should be: Local Home Depot now sold out of tiki torches.
(08-12-2017, 04:22 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It was an attack. Like I said, the street is not one for through traffic, he was going roughly 40 mph.

Then as I said earlier, if it was an attack, arrest them and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law and they can enjoy a few decades in jail.

(08-12-2017, 04:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: But Matt...it was a white guy.  He has to be given the benefit of the doubt!  Ninja

Who ever said the driver was white? I looked at the photos and couldn't tell, the windshield was cracked and tinted. Racist. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(08-12-2017, 04:28 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Seriously, stop trying to equate those situations. You are attempting to justify what was a deliberate attack on people on a street that is not for through traffic by someone going faster than the speed limit and has resulted in the loss of human life.

They couldn't possibly be going faster because they were scared of the leftist mobs?

Come on man, if this was a dude targeting people with his car then arrest and charge him. But we won't know until that happens.... why are you and others here jumping the gun?
Antifa vs white supremecits.

Why are we trying to stop them from beating each other again?

These are two groups who need to be thinned out.
(08-12-2017, 04:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They couldn't possibly be going faster because they were scared of the leftist mobs?

Come on man, if this was a dude targeting people with his car then arrest and charge him. But we won't know until that happens.... why are you and others here jumping the gun?

The driver was arrested, pretty much immediately. You know why I know this was a targeted attack? Because the driver drove across a walking mall to get to the crowd he plowed into. He was not driving to get away, he was driving towards them. I know this because I know where it occurred, because I have seen the video and pictures, and because I have been on the phone all day with people there. This was a deliberate attack by a white nationalist against the counter protesters. Period. This isn't from some media source, this isn't from just social media, this is from someone, me, that knows the area.

[Image: DHDZ6X9XYAIe5Ok.jpg:large]

This is what is at the top of the street. The picture of the back of the car was taken from the corner where that Union bank is. That is a walking mall. Please tell me, again, after I have said at least twice that this is not a through street, how this is just someone trying to get past a blocked street and not a deliberate action.
(08-12-2017, 04:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The driver was arrested, pretty much immediately. You know why I know this was a targeted attack? Because the driver drove across a walking mall to get to the crowd he plowed into. He was not driving to get away, he was driving towards them. I know this because I know where it occurred, because I have seen the video and pictures, and because I have been on the phone all day with people there. This was a deliberate attack by a white nationalist against the counter protesters. Period. This isn't from some media source, this isn't from just social media, this is from someone, me, that knows the area.

This is what is at the top of the street. The picture of the back of the car was taken from the corner where that Union bank is. That is a walking mall. Please tell me, again, after I have said at least twice that this is not a through street, how this is just someone trying to get past a blocked street and not a deliberate action.

I would hope he was arrested given the front end of his car was wrecked.

Let's see what shakes out. If it's as you say then allow the legal system to work. If he was fleeing something then we go from there....

Do you think these groups should be allowed to block traffic and stop people who are not involved with the protest from getting where they need to go?
(08-12-2017, 04:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I would hope he was arrested given the front end of his car was wrecked.

Let's see what shakes out. If it's as you say then allow the legal system to work. If he was fleeing something then we go from there....

He drove across that walking mall you see in that picture and plowed into the crowd on the other side at 40 mph, then backed up and tried to escape police before being dragged out of the car by the cops. It was deliberate, there is no other interpretation of this action.

(08-12-2017, 04:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Do you think these groups should be allowed to block traffic and stop people who are not involved with the protest from getting where they need to go?

I'm not answering an irrelevant question to this situation. You're just trying to give this horrible human being some sort of justification for their actions.
(08-12-2017, 04:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He drove across that walking mall you see in that picture and plowed into the crowd on the other side at 40 mph, then backed up and tried to escape police before being dragged out of the car by the cops. It was deliberate, there is no other interpretation of this action.

I'm not answering an irrelevant question to this situation. You're just trying to give this horrible human being some sort of justification for their actions.

Actually I am just asking you a question. The guy needs no justification. If he was scared then he did what he had to do.... if he was trying to deliberately kill people then the legal system has to do what it has to do. I am willing to see what comes out of the police reports.

On a side note: this is the type of stuff that will just push self driving cars on us all. Thank you Muslims and the idiots who copied them for bringing this to the forefront I can't wait to go 50 down the highway and all my appointments taking 30% longer.
(08-12-2017, 04:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He drove across that walking mall you see in that picture and plowed into the crowd on the other side at 40 mph, then backed up and tried to escape police before being dragged out of the car by the cops. It was deliberate, there is no other interpretation of this action.

100% not disagreeing with you here, you live there, you know what's what there. By all means it seems like an attack.

Now that I have made that clear that I am not disagreeing, this question would bug me if I don't take advantage of you knowing the area to ask it, because weird designs are weird. Why is there a road traffic stop sign at the exit to a walking mall?

So you drive through there, where you shouldn't be driving:
And you get a road traffic stop sign? For who? You're not supposed to be driving from there:
[Image: 598f4bec496db.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C800]

(08-12-2017, 05:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 100% not disagreeing with you here, you live there, you know what's what there. By all means it seems like an attack.

Now that I have made that clear that I am not disagreeing, this question would bug me if I don't take advantage of you knowing the area to ask it, because weird designs are weird. Why is there a road traffic stop sign at the exit to a walking mall?

So you drive through there, where you shouldn't be driving:
And you get a road traffic stop sign? For who? You're not supposed to be driving from there:
[Image: 598f4bec496db.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C800]

The road travels through there, however it is a situation where pedestrians have the absolute right of way on the mall and the speed limit is something like 15 mph. There are also side streets amidst those people, and parking along that street for businesses facing that street, etc. So, while it is a place you can drive, it is considered to be "no through traffic" and has a very low speed limit. Considering just about every business downtown was closed today, there was no reason to be on that street.

Edit to add: confirmed that the driver of this car did, in fact, kill someone with their actions.
(08-12-2017, 05:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The road travels through there, however it is a situation where pedestrians have the absolute right of way on the mall and the speed limit is something like 15 mph. There are also side streets amidst those people, and parking along that street for businesses facing that street, etc. So, while it is a place you can drive, it is considered to be "no through traffic" and has a very low speed limit. Considering just about every business downtown was closed today, there was no reason to be on that street.

Thanks. It was just one of those things that once I noticed it, it would have bugged me until I found out.

(08-12-2017, 05:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Thanks. It was just one of those things that once I noticed it, it would have bugged me until I found out.

I get that. It's a terrible design, IMHO. But it's what happens in old cities like that. As they grow, things get cobbled together and changed in ways that really don't seem to make sense.
(08-12-2017, 05:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The road travels through there, however it is a situation where pedestrians have the absolute right of way on the mall and the speed limit is something like 15 mph. There are also side streets amidst those people, and parking along that street for businesses facing that street, etc. So, while it is a place you can drive, it is considered to be "no through traffic" and has a very low speed limit. Considering just about every business downtown was closed today, there was no reason to be on that street.

Edit to add: confirmed that the driver of this car did, in fact, kill someone with their actions.

So it could be safe to assume a potential out of town driver wouldn't be familiar with the local driving customs?

We have similar areas down here and snowbirds are always in there when they come down. But everyone is aware that it happens.