Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LB Help Wanted
The upcoming draft ideally would net some combination of athletic LB’s with coverage skills. To wit, these are the guys I’d like to see:

Devin White: LSU
Devin Bush: Mich
Blake Cashman: Minn
Ben Burr-Kirven: Wash
Sutton Smith: NIU
Drue Tranquill: Notre Dame
Cameron Smith: USC

The LB corps needs coverage help. Drafting thumpers isn’t going to improve the coverage hole. Mack Wilson is highly rated but didn't test well and does not look like a sideline to sideline player. Germaine Pratt runs well in a straight line but also isn't a lateral guy.

Who would you like to see the Bengals go after to solve the coverage woes? For me, it has to be some combination of the guys above, preferably at least one of the first three.

Thoughts?
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I think pretty much everybody agrees they need linebacker help, lol.
Reply/Quote
Lots of good ones, also really like Mack Wilson, Germaine Pratt and David Long Jr.

Honestly what we need the most are Linebackers with good instincts that can diagnose plays quickly and make a sure tackle.

That was some sad shit we witnessed last year in this facet.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 01:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lots of good ones, also really like Mack Wilson, Germaine Pratt and David Long Jr.

Honestly what we need the most are Linebackers with good instincts that can diagnose plays quickly and make a sure tackle.

That was some sad shit we witnessed last year in this facet.

Hey Nate,I do seriously believe they will draft two linebackers and I believe our new coaching staff will bring out the best in all of them.I am so stoked about this new staff and I believe we are going to be a really good team.Its going to be a lot of fun watching this new team and new concepts about how to play football.I think Zac Taylor and staff are just what we needed and after this season, the goofy pundits will be taking notice.I can see a couple tackles,, two linebackers, two defensive line men, a corner,maybe a top wide receiver,and a quarter back that can back Dalton up as we need a qb that can sling it and I could see them getting the qb from Boise state or North Carolina state dude.I am so so happy the draft is almost here.Isn't it great that our coach is talking to us fans and spending time with the fans and the media?? What a difference from goofy Marvin.He hated to talk to fans and media and was a butthole about all of it.I am so so glad he is history.He wore the city out about him as he become stale and nasty. ThumbsUp :andy:
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2019, 05:58 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Hey Nate,I do seriously believe they will draft two linebackers and I believe our new coaching staff will bring out the best in all of them.I am so stoked about this new staff and I believe we are going to be a really good team.Its going to be a lot of fun watching this new team and new concepts about how to play football.I think Zac Taylor and staff are just what we needed and after this season, the goofy pundits will be taking notice.I can see a couple tackles,, two linebackers, two defensive line men, a corner,maybe a top wide receiver,and a quarter back that can back Dalton up as we need a qb that can sling it and I could see them getting the qb from Boise state or North Carolina state dude.I am so so happy the draft is almost here.Isn't it great that our coach is talking to us fans and spending time with the fans and the media?? What a difference from goofy Marvin.He hated to talk to fans and media and was a butthole about all of it.I am so so glad he is history.He wore the city out about him as he become stale and nasty. ThumbsUp :andy:

No doubt it was stale with ole Marv. A new energy is in town and most all of us can feel it.

I truly believe that coaching was our biggest problem around here and i love everything i here from Zac. Great times my friend.

Expecting big things soon.
Reply/Quote
Ideally Bush and trade for Lee from the Jets.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote