Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternative Medications
I recently had a health issue that made it dangerous to used Nsaids (anti-imflamitories) and the cardio thinks they may have caused my issue (dry your eyes I'm perfectly fine now).

WTS, I still experience aches and pains associated with years of running, jumping, hiking...So my wife started using me as a guinea pig. I use things such as cherry wort, turmeric, and various forms of mustards.

These work great, yet I still have occasional "bad days". So the next move may be to try a couple other natural substances that have suggested: CBD Oil and/or Krampton.

Does anyone have experience with these or any alternate meds; until KY legalizes Marijuana?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Are you talking about joint pain?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 10:25 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Are you talking about joint pain?
Assuming no pun intended. 

Yes joint pain and arthritis associated with previous trauma.  I used to take Voltaren and it stopped all pain, but like I said the cardio said no more. 

Reply/Quote
I have/had gout, so maybe I can help.

1. Stop eating anything made of flour - all breads and pastas
2. Stop drinking anything that has high fructose corn syrup or alcohol
3. Cut down on the salt and sugar intake, you don't have to give it up, just cut down on it a lot
4. Drink an 8 oz. cup of water every hour whether you are thirsty or not

I simply made this a lifestyle change and have not had gout since. Try it for at least a month and then see how you feel.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 10:33 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I have/had gout, so maybe I can help.

3. Cut down on the salt and sugar intake, you don't have to give it up, just cut down on it a lot

I simply made this a lifestyle change and have not had gout since. Try it for at least a month and then see how you feel.

Thanks for the advice.

1. I do eat Breads and Pastas, so perhaps I'll give that a go.

2. Yeah, not going to stop drinking anything that has alcohol, I live on Natty Light; however, never really drank many sweet drinks

3. I hardly intake any sodium 

4. Drink tons of water and just started Super Beets (nastiest stuff you ever put in your mouth)

I will look into cutting the sugars and carbs, to see where we are, but as William Wallace said "You can take my carbs, but you'll never take my Natty Light". 

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 10:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks for the advice.

1. I do eat Breads and Pastas, so perhaps I'll give that a go.

2. Yeah, not going to stop drinking anything that has alcohol, I live on Natty Light; however, never really drank many sweet drinks

3. I hardly intake any sodium 

4. Drink tons of water and just started Super Beets (nastiest stuff you ever put in your mouth)

I will look into cutting the sugars and carbs, to see where we are, but as William Wallace said "You can take my carbs, but you'll never take my Natty Light". 

If you still feel joint pain, then you know where it's coming from.

Also, this is for a bad cold: eat steak and eggs so you would not feel weak during the height of the cold. The proteins help the body maintain strength as well as your immune system (especially when it's too late for vitamin C to take effect). For me, it cuts my colds time in half to 3 or 4 days instead of a week.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 10:33 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I have/had gout, so maybe I can help.

I have severe gout attacks at random.My gout disappears for years then overnight it attacks suddenly in any joint.Ankles and toes are the worst since they are weight bearing.
I seem to be sensitive to wheat and pork,so I avoid those products in any form.

Good luck to all :andy:
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 09:35 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: I have severe gout attacks at random.My gout disappears for years then overnight it attacks suddenly in any joint.Ankles and toes are the worst since they are weight bearing.
I seem to be sensitive to wheat and pork,so I avoid those products in any form.

Good luck to all :andy:

Let me treat you to a bbq pork rib sandwich. JK

I think it may be more the wheat than the pork. Do you bread the pork when cooking it?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 09:40 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Let me treat you to a bbq pork rib sandwich. JK

I think it may be more the wheat than the pork. Do you bread the pork when cooking it?

No its both. Since 1982 there have been about nine major attacks.Eating a rack of bbq pork ribs in 2015 almost ruined me ( no breading ).
Wheat bran cereal for regularity has to be mixed with rice krispies to have no effect on me.Wheat bread makes me hurt maybe in fingers,wrists or elbows so I avoid entirely.

Colchicine kills the extreme pain in about three days normally.The pain never goes away on its own ( had no medical coverage for a while in 2012 so suffered for 2 months until relatives carried me to a  doctor and paid the bill ). ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 11:05 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: No its both. Since 1982 there have been about nine major attacks.Eating a rack of bbq pork ribs in 2015 almost ruined me ( no breading ).
Wheat bran cereal for regularity has to be mixed with rice krispies to have no effect on me.Wheat bread makes me hurt maybe in fingers,wrists or elbows so I avoid entirely.

Colchicine kills the extreme pain in about three days normally.The pain never goes away on its own ( had no medical coverage for a while in 2012 so suffered for 2 months until relatives carried me to a  doctor and paid the bill ). ThumbsUp

Drink a glass of cherry juice everyday.

Maybe it's the bbq sauce causing gout? Have you eaten pork without all that good stuff on it? I mean, our bodies were made to eat meat and fruit. It really doesn't know what to do with wheat and wheat-like products (rice), so it interprets it as a foreign body and starts to inflame.

I found the following books good reads:

Wheat Belly and Grain Brain
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 12:55 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Drink a glass of cherry juice everyday.

Maybe it's the bbq sauce causing gout? Have you eaten pork without all that good stuff on it? I mean, our bodies were made to eat meat and fruit. It really doesn't know what to do with wheat and wheat-like products (rice), so it interprets it as a foreign body and starts to inflame.

I found the following books good reads:

Wheat Belly and Grain Brain

I bought black cherry juice concentrate from GNC ( 19 bucks a bottle ), with no effect except wallet depletion.
Baked pork chops or tenders with only olive oil and pepper(in modest amounts ) seem OK.
I read somewhere that sugar/sucrose causes inflammation.Type 2 diabetic now so its on the no list.
Will read those publications, thanks
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 04:09 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: I bought black cherry juice concentrate from GNC ( 19 bucks a bottle ), with no effect except wallet depletion.
Baked pork chops or tenders with only olive oil and pepper(in modest amounts ) seem OK.
I read somewhere that sugar/sucrose causes inflammation.Type 2 diabetic now so its on the no list.
Will read those publications, thanks

Cherry juice from the supermarket works just fine.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Joint pain? Glucosamine Sulfate, Magnesium, and lots of water.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I recently had a health issue that made it dangerous to used Nsaids (anti-imflamitories) and the cardio thinks they may have caused my issue (dry your eyes I'm perfectly fine now).

WTS, I still experience aches and pains associated with years of running, jumping, hiking...So my wife started using me as a guinea pig. I use things such as cherry wort, turmeric, and various forms of mustards.

These work great, yet I still have occasional "bad days". So the next move may be to try a couple other natural substances that have suggested: CBD Oil and/or Krampton.

Does anyone have experience with these or any alternate meds; until KY legalizes Marijuana?

Well you can get it before its legal...  (that last thing)
Reply/Quote
There are a number of foods (fruits, vegetables and seeds/nuts...fish) that have anti-inflammatory benefits. But the big ones seem to be some herbs and spices - tumeric is a big one, along with ginger.

Been meaning to throw some seeds/nuts and spices into my fruit & veggie smoothies. Just been lazy but fully intend to do it. I try to get most of my fruits and veggies in a smoothie, which I basically use as a meal replacement (2, actually, with 3 smaller regular meals).
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote