Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This really irks me (gender hypocrisy)
[Image: DADVsHgXcAYuCcS.jpg]

I saw this image on Twitter today. It was posted by "Eat this, not that" account with the caption:
You will "wreck" your penis if this is your workout: http://bit.ly/1NYkvV2

I don't mind the content, but the image really irked me. Can you imagine if that content was reversed? What if it read "You will "wreck" your vagina if this is your workout" and it had a picture of a guy using a magnifying glass looking down a woman's panties?
People would lose their minds.

Recently, the male-female gender hypocrisy, equal rights, and gender stereotypes in general have really gotten under my skin. My wife tells me to mow the yard because its a man's job but when I ask her to do the laundry I get blasted because she doesn't want it to be associated with a female's gender role.

Woman want to be looked upon as equals in the work place yet they wear yoga pants, t shirts, and casual attire in a business casual environment and nothing is said about it.

Woman can ***** and moan all they want about not being equals and men objectifying them and being sexist, but at the end of the day they are doing much of the same thing.

I see this more and more and it just bothers me. Does anyone else have any real life examples of this going on? Do you agree with me?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
I completely agree with you Weezy. It goes on everywhere now a days. If anything it is about special treatment, not equality.
I routinely open doors for unknown women when entering a store or business (if they are within a few steps of me ).
If they act like it's my job to do that, or don't acknowledge me ,it bothers me a small bit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-17-2017, 09:50 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: I routinely open doors for unknown  women when entering a store or business (if they are within a few steps of me ).
If they act like it's my job to do that, or don't acknowledge me ,it bothers me a small bit.

It doesn't bother me a bit; as I do it to honor them, but not only them. I do it to honor every man that opened a door, surrendered a coat, changed a tire, sheltered, defended, appreciated a woman throughout the history of time. I do it because my father told me that it what I do, just as his father told him.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-17-2017, 04:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: [Image: DADVsHgXcAYuCcS.jpg]

I saw this image on Twitter today. It was posted by "Eat this, not that" account with the caption:

I don't mind the content, but the image really irked me. Can you imagine if that content was reversed? What if it read "You will "wreck" your vagina if this is your workout" and it had a picture of a guy using a magnifying glass looking down a woman's panties?

Recently, the male-female gender hypocrisy, equal rights, and gender stereotypes in general have really gotten under my skin. My wife tells me to mow the yard because its a man's job but when I ask her to do the laundry I get blasted because she doesn't want it to be associated with a female's gender role.

Woman want to be looked upon as equals in the work place yet they wear yoga pants, t shirts, and casual attire in a business casual environment and nothing is said about it.

Woman can ***** and moan all they want about not being equals and men objectifying them and being sexist, but at the end of the day they are doing much of the same thing.

I see this more and more and it just bothers me. Does anyone else have any real life examples of this going on? Do you agree with me?

No.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
You know what would help all of this? Destroying the patriarchy. Ninja

In actuality, when you look at feminism at its core, and not the type that is bandied about by the different segments that corrupt the ideology, and what the idea of the patriarchy actually is, you will see that the behaviors that are mentioned in the OP are not feminist and are perpetuating the idea of the patriarchy that has allowed them to exist. But, since feminism has become bastardized by different movements it has garnered negative attention based on those altered views, and not what feminism is about at its core.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Not sure what this is doing in P&R, but thanks for the link. Good info.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(05-17-2017, 04:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I saw this image on Twitter today. It was posted by "Eat this, not that" account with the caption:

I mean, it's twitter. I don't expect a lot from social media. It highlights the worst of us. 

There certainly is a double standard with the male body and the female body, but a lot of that is cultural and comes from many sides. Female nudity is used for sex appeal, male for comedic. 

I'm not familiar with any professional setting that counts women's exercise clothes as work appropriate. I've seen leggings worn in the school but usually with a dress, so they act more as tights than anything else, so it's appropriate. I do sometimes hate that I can only wear pants (no shorts, unless it's summer school) but then again, I hate looking like a slob in public and would never wear shorts unless it was in an appropriate setting/context.

I'm going to finish my response to this after Matt's quote.

(05-17-2017, 11:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It doesn't bother me a bit; as I do it to honor them, but not only them. I do it to honor every man that opened a door, surrendered a coat, changed a tire, sheltered, defended, appreciated a woman throughout the history of time. I do it because my father told me that it what I do, just as his father told him.  

I didn't get this from my dad as he was mostly off doing his own thing, but I was raised to hold these same beliefs/follow these practices. I don't see it as  trying to suggest a woman can't do any of these things (as some may now view it), it's just proper manners/etiquette. I'm sure my female friends who do cross fit can certainly defend themselves, but if I ever saw a guy put his hands on them in a threatening way, I would absolutely intervene. 

(05-18-2017, 08:52 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: You know what would help all of this? Destroying the patriarchy. Ninja

In actuality, when you look at feminism at its core, and not the type that is bandied about by the different segments that corrupt the ideology, and what the idea of the patriarchy actually is, you will see that the behaviors that are mentioned in the OP are not feminist and are perpetuating the idea of the patriarchy that has allowed them to exist. But, since feminism has become bastardized by different movements it has garnered negative attention based on those altered views, and not what feminism is about at its core.

To branch off of this, feminism has various of forms. Like any ideology, the more ridiculous forms tend to get the most attention. Same goes with liberalism and conservatism. I hate (what I call) "tumblr social advocacy". It's a melting pot for the most ridiculous perversions of things. 

My buddy (he's muslim and his parents are from Syria but everyone assumes he's European White) commented on some story this girl we went to high school posted. She's straight, white, and middle class, but is a tumblr champion of all peoples oppressed. The video had something to do with being an ethnic minority, and his comment disagreed with the premise. At the end of his response, he said "in other words" and summarized his point. Her only response was to post like 5 "mansplaining memes" as if that was an intelligent response. I then made fun of her by chastising him for being for being a pig (she messaged me to thank me for standing up against him, lol, idiot). I told him to respond by accusing her of whitesplaining and to say that as a person of color, he took offense that she was appropriating his struggles, but he just laughed and said "I can't pass for 'a person of color' and I'm better than what she is doing". She represents the worst of those legitimately making light of the struggles of minorities. While she is loud, she certainly doesn't epitomize all who support the cause.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-18-2017, 09:46 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Not sure what this is doing in P&R, but thanks for the link. Good info.

My guess is that there was concern it would have been a bit too controversial in other areas of the board.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-18-2017, 09:47 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: My guess is that there was concern it would have been a bit too controversial in other areas of the board.

lol. Click the link and then reread my comment.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(05-18-2017, 09:50 AM)6andcounting Wrote: lol. Click the link and then reread my comment.

Why did you make me do that? LOL

If I want to leave a party and my wife doesn't, I often tell a woman, 'You couldn't vote until we said you could vote. That would never happen to an equal." We usually leave shortly after.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I too get irked with men and their fascination with the penis.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I love boobs and vaginas.  Sorry, if that offends anyone.....but I do love me some boobs. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(05-18-2017, 12:51 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I love boobs and vaginas.  Sorry, if that offends anyone.....but I do love me some boobs. 

I was always a leg man....but I've learned to love boobs too.

"Equalism" I call it.   Ninja
(05-18-2017, 12:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: I was always a leg man....but I've learned to love boobs too.

"Equalism" I call it.   Ninja

Took a lot of hard work, did it?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-18-2017, 01:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Took a lot of hard work, did it?

Took years.  Never really cared about them.

Smirk
(05-18-2017, 12:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If I want to leave a party and my wife doesn't, I often tell a woman, 'You couldn't vote until we said you could vote.  That would never happen to an equal."  We usually leave shortly after.

That would do it lol

(05-18-2017, 12:51 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I love boobs and vaginas.  Sorry, if that offends anyone.....but I do love me some boobs. 

Same here bro, boobs and vaginas are where its at.

That is why they get away with it. They got boobs and vaginas so they get their special treatment. 

Gotta treat those boobs and vaginas special. Mellow