Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I losing my fandom ?
I used to feel emotionally connected to this team but after all these crappy seasons I just feel numb and really don’t care as much at this point like a used to. Maybe I’m losing my fandom....
Reply/Quote
I don't think you're the only one...
I feel like I've mentally "checked out" already, too.
Reply/Quote
read my "Perceptions and Appraisal" thread. I attempted to explain this.

There is a lot of distrust again with the front office and coaching staff after laying an egg for first home opener. If the team goes to Buffalo and beats an undefeated Bills team, spirits will be renewed. It helps to drink a glass of wine or something as a Bengal fan... Drunk
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I feel like I’m more angry past few seasons actually. I lived in Kansas while Mahomes was drafted, and got so jealous of how that team has turned around and how excited the fans are. They truly think they can win every single game...

I want that feeling. Only had it for 1 year in 2015, but I’m tired of feeling like we are 8-8 at absolute best. I want a beast QB and an offense that just wrecks the league. It would be nice to catch up with the times.
Reply/Quote
Gaah

Mad

Facepalm

Panic
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:02 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I don't think you're the only one...
I feel like I've mentally "checked out" already, too.

Feels like the fan base is dying too. The crowd today was mostly 49ers fans
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 12:58 AM)Trademark Wrote: I used to feel emotionally connected to this team but after all these crappy seasons I just feel numb and really don’t care as much at this point like a used to. Maybe I’m losing my fandom....

I recall your posts in the game day threads last year where you quit on the team.  So it seems you lose your fandom often. At this point you should pick another team and have the mods here change your avatar to reflect that.  Big Grin

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:14 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I recall your posts in the game day threads last year where you quit on the team.  So it seems you lose your fandom often. At this point you should pick another team and have the mods here change your avatar to reflect that.  Big Grin

It’s just hard bro, I’ve never seen a playoff win whatsoever
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:13 AM)Trademark Wrote: Feels like the fan base is dying too. The crowd today was mostly 49ers fans

Not really.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:18 AM)Trademark Wrote: It’s just hard bro, I’ve never seen a playoff win whatsoever

First of all, I'm not your bro. I'm almost certain at one point in a game day threads last year you said last you were going to be a fan of another team.  That's just sad. So yeah, I'm guessing no one gives a shit when you flip and flop back and forth as far as being a fan. That's what you do from what I have seen from you here.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:26 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: First of all, I'm not your bro. I'm almost certain at one point in a game day threads last year you said last you were going to be a fan of another team.  That's just sad. So yeah, I'm guessing no one gives a shit when you flip and flop back and forth as far as being a fan. That's what you do from what I have seen from you here.

Do you got to be a jerk ? I love my team but all of this losing gets old
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, my fandom and emotional attachment will be with me till the day I die. I’ll never give up hope on my bungles becoming bengals again
Reply/Quote
-The SD playoff loss broke my fandom.
-Bringing Marvin back after the SD playoff loss poured gasoline on it's broken form.
-The Pittsburgh playoff loss set that gasoline on fire.
-Bringing Marvin back after the Pittsburgh playoff loss pissed all over it's ashes.
-Now my fandom's ghost is just kind of floating around because it has nowhere else better to go. Lol

This team will never achieve anything until it's out of the Brown/Blackburn hands. Just like the Reds won't ever achieve anything until it's no longer being run by Bob C, Walt Jocketty (yes he's still around), and all their friends and friend's children. There's no way to wipe the stink of nepotism and failure off these teams without a full 100% cleansing of them.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
No.

My dad (originally a Brown Browns fan) had seasons tickets from 69' up to 93' and then he gave it up. I've had season tickets since 88' up to now. What we're currently missing is exceptional line-play, specifically on the O-Line. A Football team is built in the trenches. An offensive team, like were'e subjected to now in this "modern era" of the game, is reliant on our shrooms. We currently have weird, shit covered fungi that couldn't infect a jockstrap. The Brown/Tobin cheapskate era strategy of "one early line pick coupled with a late line pick, and half ass free agency," will not cut it in this day and age. Yeah, tell us something we don't know, right?

So it's rather simple, broken record and all. Make the O-Line great and we prosper. Neglect it, like we have since Whit and Zeit left and we're here in this predicament.

So we need to upgrade our O-line, something we've all wanted for four years now.
Reply/Quote
I don't react to sport emotionnally anymore. ( except for the World cup soccer when we're in )

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:26 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: First of all, I'm not your bro. I'm almost certain at one point in a game day threads last year you said last you were going to be a fan of another team.  That's just sad.  So yeah, I'm guessing no one gives a shit when you flip and flop back and forth as far as being a fan.  That's what you do from what I have seen from you here.

Very good point.  And rep for you sir.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:04 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: read my  "Perceptions and Appraisal" thread.  I attempted to explain this.  

There is a lot of distrust again with the front office and coaching staff after laying an egg for first home opener.  If the team goes to Buffalo and beats an undefeated Bills team, spirits will be renewed.  It helps to drink a glass of wine or something as a Bengal fan... Drunk

Until they lose the next game. It will be a yo yo. 

I think it should be more about expectations this season. I dont expect them to win more 6 games tops. theres just alot of changes this season and its not going to be pretty. Do I feel like i lost my fandom? Not at all, i just am watching the game in a different way this year. while I wasn't happy with yesterdays loss, I also thought it showed just how far away these guys actually are...
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 08:41 AM)GodFather Wrote: Until they lose the next game. It will be a yo yo. 

I think it should be more about expectations this season. I dont expect them to win more 6 games tops. theres just alot of changes this season and its not going to be pretty. Do I feel like i lost my fandom? Not at all, i just am watching the game in a different way this year. while I wasn't happy with yesterdays loss, I also thought it showed just how far away these guys actually are...

Expectations changed after the first game.  Bengals played like a playoff team.   Now, reality sets in and maybe they are a 4-6 win team.  First game Bengals looked like a 10-11 wins team.  

There are common problems that keep rising up in the minds of the critical Bengal fan.  Penalties, Dalton, O-Line, backers, and missed tackles.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 08:47 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Expectations changed after the first game.  Bengals played like a playoff team.   Now, reality sets in and maybe they are a 4-6 win team.  First game Bengals looked like a 10-11 wins team.  

There are common problems that keep rising up in the minds of the critical Bengal fan.  Penalties, Dalton, O-Line, backers, and missed tackles.  

If they were a 10-11 game win team then they would've left Seattle with a win. I just think everyone was expecting the Bengals in the 49ers game show up to Seattle so the excitement and expectations started when they played well. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 01:26 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: First of all, I'm not your bro. I'm almost certain at one point in a game day threads last year you said last you were going to be a fan of another team.  That's just sad.  So yeah, I'm guessing no one gives a shit when you flip and flop back and forth as far as being a fan.  That's what you do from what I have seen from you here.

Hey... don't kick a dude when he's down, ok?
Reply/Quote