Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I the only one who thinks
(04-11-2018, 06:04 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: We don't need guards?? I thought westerman and Redmond both looked good when they finally got time. We had a good ypc even with Bodine in there and boling at left tackle and no deep threats besides green. All I hear is take Wynn take Hernandez . I'm more worried about right tackle and center. And they will most likely just put Fisher at right tackle again anyway. Which I'm fine with we don't have to have the best o line in the league all of the sudden after the worst lol.

I'm not convinced.  Not to say one (or both) of them can't be good players.  But I'm hesitant to put all my eggs in the baskets of 2 players who played the last 2 games of the year fresh against guys who had played all season.  And they didn't even play full games when they played did they?  At least against Detroit I know Hopkins was still at RG.  I would not pass on a good guard because of what they did for 2 games.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2018, 06:04 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: We don't need guards?? I thought westerman and Redmond both looked good when they finally got time. We had a good ypc even with Bodine in there and boling at left tackle and no deep threats besides green. All I hear is take Wynn take Hernandez . I'm more worried about right tackle and center. And they will most likely just put Fisher at right tackle again anyway. Which I'm fine with we don't have to have the best o line in the league all of the sudden after the worst lol.

Let's see, we now have a quality LT and quality LG. After that we have 2 backup Centers who could not beat out Bodine, I don't know what we have at RG and at RT we have Hart, who failed for the Giants, and Fisher, who failed for us.

We do have Westerman and he should probably start. But we have no Center to speak of, certainly don't have a RT worthy of starting. If there is an injury this line could be worse than last year's, if such is possible.

The only off season move that has upgraded the OL was the trade for Glenn. Of course some will say that Bodine's departure is a positive, I say it's only a positive if he's replaced by someone better.

I wouldn't complain if we drafted a Center, Guard and RT with our first three picks. At least it would bring in some young talent. Heck, we could even draft someone capable of backing up at LT so we could dump Ogbuehi, trade him to Dallas for a song.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote