Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Year Out Full First Round 2017 Mock
I just use the draft order from the start of the process this year even though many mock drafts go with Vegas odds to set the order. To each their own and this is just for fun to look back on after the upcoming 2016 season is over with and see how much changes between now and then. Keep in mind that some of these picks may seem early position wise but I am more matching up needs with top 50 talent since it is a year out.

1. Titans - Desmond King (CB) Iowa - When watching tape of Tyler Boyd one guy on Iowa's defense consistently stood out (#14) looked the guy up and it is Desmond King. This kid is likely to be a top 5 pick in next year's draft. Won the Thorpe Award and likely would have been a 1st rounder this year if he would have left school early. Obviously QB's are the popular pick for #1 but the Titans don't need one of those currently.

2. Browns - Deshaun Watson (QB) Clemson - This is a team however that still does need a top QB to groom. I like Cody Kessler from USC but if the Browns are drafting in the top 5 and they have a chance at a talent like Watson I can't see them passing that up due to a 3rd round selection from this draft in Kessler.

3. Chargers - Cam Robinson (OT) Alabama - If Robinson leaves Bama early and I suspect he will then he is going to be the first OT taken most likely. Chargers could have used an OT early in this draft IMO but won't regret passing on Tunsil or Stanley if they can land this kid.

4. Cowboys - Adoree Jackson (CB) USC - I am a big Zeke Elliot fan but I am still surprised they took him over Jalen Ramsey. QB could end up the selection if there is a guy they like here but if not then Jackson from USC makes a lot of sense.

5. Jaguars - OJ Howard (TE) Alabama - The Jags have crushed FA and the Draft for Defense. With that said, I have a feeling they are going to be looking for playmakers next year. They have some good WR's so grabbing a big play TE like Howard makes sense.

6. Ravens - Tre'Davious White (CB) LSU - Great cover CB that would help out the Ravens in an area that I feel is still going to be their biggest weakness for this upcoming season.

7. 49ers - Chad Kelly (QB) Ole Miss - Chip Kelly meet Chad Kelly. The nephew of Jim Kelly had issues at Clemson but looked good for Ole Miss last year. Assuming he can put up another good season after the losses of Treadwell and Core as his top two WR's then I think Kelly is a top 10 pick next year and possibly fighting for #1 overall pick with Dashaun Watson when all is said and done.

8. Dolphins - Jonathan Allen (DE) Alabama - This guy could end up being the #1 overall pick in the real thing next year so if the Dolphins can land this guy at 8 or so they would jump all over it since DE is a still a need although not to the extent it could have been prior to FA.

9. Buccaneers - Jamal Adams (S) LSU - Bucs would love to land Adams to add to an improving secondary that was able to snag Hargreaves in this draft.

10. Giants - Leonard Fournette (RB) LSU - The Giants would have loved to land someone like Zeke Elliot in this past draft. They would sprint to the podium for Fournette if they get the opportunity.

11. Bears - Roderick Johnson (OT) Florida State - The Bears had a great draft but missed out on solidifying their line. Could see QB here but if no one they like and they don't have a high enough pick then look for them to address OT early.

12. Saints - Myles Garrett (DE) Texas A&M - This kid has top 5 talent and likely won't last til 12 but if he lasted this far the Saints would be a really good fit for him.

13. Browns (trade with Eagles) - Jalen Tabor (CB) Florida - The Browns need somebody to pair opposite Joe Haden if not be a replacement for Joe Haden as the #1 guy soon.

14. Raiders - Zach Banner (OT) USC - The Raiders could stay in California to find the guy to solidify an already talented Offensive Line. Banner is 6'8" and 360 pounds. Quite large..

15. Titans (via Rams) - Raekwon McMillan (ILB) Ohio State - Could see the Titans going with ILB or WR here either one. WR will likely depend on the growth of Dorial Green-Beckham this upcoming season. McMillan is an elite ILB prospect though and would be the leader of that Defense early in his career.

16. Lions - DeMarcus Walker (DE) Florida State - Walker was the best pass rusher on the Seminoles last season and will be looking to improve on that performance. The Lions need to add some pass rush to that Defense.

17. Falcons - Carl Lawson (DE) Clemson - I thought the Keanu Neal pick was very questionable but time will tell on how that plays out. Lawson is an impact pass rusher ready to step in and play early and often for somebody.

18. Colts - Dalvin Cook (RB) Florida State - Cook is an all around solid RB that would be going to a Colts team severely lacking youth and talent in their backfield.

19. Bills - Juju Smith-Schuster (WR) USC - The Bills really need to find a complement to take attention off of Sammy Watkins. Whether Rex is still coaching or not for the Bills I think Offense needs to be addressed for this team at either WR or OT.

20. Jets - Rueben Foster (ILB) Alabama - I really think the Jets need a QB but they drafted Christian Hackenburg in the 2nd so doubt they move on this quick. Foster provides a QB for the Defense though and would be a good fit.

21. Redskins - Christian McCaffery (RB) Stanford - Gruden loves having offensive weapons and would be landing arguably the most explosive one in McCaffery here.

22. Texans - Jordan Leggett (TE) Clemson - After adding Will Fuller and Braxton Miller I could see the Texans continuing to place weapons around Osweiler and Hopkins.

23. Vikings - Eddie Jackson (S) Alabama - The Vikings did well to land Alexander at CB in this draft but would be wise to find a better player to play alongside Harrison Smith at Safety. I think Jackson could be that guy.

24. Bengals - Jabrill Peppers (S) Michigan - While I think the Bengals #1 need is Defensive End I would have a hard time passing up on someone as talented as Peppers toward the end of the 1st round. This kid does it all and I could only imagine how good he will be when he gets to focus on one side of the ball and improving there (ala Charles Woodson at CB or Safety).

25. Steelers - Pat Elflein (OG) Ohio State - The Steelers could use another guy to play opposite DeCastro at Guard and at depth to that offensive line.

26. Seahawks - Jourdan Lewis (CB) Michigan - The complete opposite of the typical Seattle DB but I think he would make a great slot CB for them.

27. Packers - Bucky Hodges (TE) Virginia Tech - The Packers could use an upgrade at the Tight End position for Aaron Rodgers and with two off the board in this mock I think Hodges would be next best available.

28. Chiefs - Derek Barnett (DE) Tennessee - The guy I wanted to take for the Bengals at DE but he is 6'3" and that doesn't scream DE for the Bengals. The guy is a sack machine though and will make someone a good player.

29. Cardinals - Tim Williams (OLB) Alabama - Another pass rusher for the Cardinals to work with. Williams had a big season for the Tide last year even though he wasn't technically a starter.

30. Panthers - DeShawn Hand (DE) Alabama - Look for ultra competitive Nick Saban to be out to get twice the shine as Ohio State did during this draft with next years. He is another talented Bama Defensive player I could see going in the first round.

31. Broncos - Skai Moore (OLB) South Carolina - I feel like Denver was so worried about QB (rightfully so) that they failed to properly replaced the LB talent they lost this offseason. Moore is a talented guy that could help them do so next year.

32. Patriots - Malik McDowell (DT) Michigan State - It is pretty much impossible to predict positions or players for the Patriots with the way Belicheck and crew draft now days. McDowell is one of the more talented guys left though in this scenario so I think they could go with someone like that regardless of needs.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
rep for staying ahead of the curve. just one complaint. pick 13, there is no player at my alma mater named that. he may or may not play for a different, simpler "school" in the state
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 12:39 AM)bonesaw Wrote: rep for staying ahead of the curve.  just one complaint.  pick 13, there is no player at my alma mater named that.  he may or may not play for a different, simpler "school" in the state

Good catch. I knew Tabor was a Gator because he was actually better than Hargreaves in most people's eyes this past year but I put State on there for some reason. Thanks for pointing it out for me.
Reply/Quote
Great job - but I will guarantee you one thing:

No way in the world does King go #1 overall. Not a chance.

However, if the Titans are at #1 next year, you will see another trade down with a bunch of picks for DeShaun Watson.
Reply/Quote
We were fortunate to get Billings this year where and when we did. Next year's DT class looks much weaker.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 12:12 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Great job - but I will guarantee you one thing:

No way in the world does King go #1 overall.  Not a chance.

However, if the Titans are at #1 next year, you will see another trade down with a bunch of picks for DeShaun Watson.

I completely agree. That is why I was talking about using same draft order and matching player with team needs more than actual predictions for who goes exactly how high.These always serve as more of a watch list than anything. Someone besides the Titans will likely end up with the #1 pick this year and when they do I agree with you that DeShaun Watson would be the early leader to be drafted at the top next year. A couple of other candidates are Chad Kelly from Ole Miss and Brad Kaaya from Miami.
Reply/Quote
I don't know about the Peppers pick( not saying he is a bad player) We are pretty Deep at Nickleback with Dennard, Shaw, and Smith. If we draft a corner I think it would be another Boundary guy opposite of William Jackson. Although if Peppers proves to be a great LB then I could see it guy he his an intriguing prospect. DE our Edge Rusher should be priority # 1 though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Sounds like Cam Robinson has already ruined his draft projection. Arrested in Louisiana for smoking weed, misdemeanor, and possession of stolen firearm, felony.
Reply/Quote
More RBs taken in the first round than WRs?
Heck, in what was considered a weak WR class this past draft, there were still four WRs taken in the first round and just one RB.
In a league that devalues RBs as a whole and puts a premium on pass catching options, you have to expect more receivers than RBs selected early.

I expect JuJu Smith-Schuster will be the first WR taken and Mike Williams will also go in the first round. There also will likely be another 1-3 WRs taken. Perhaps in the mix of underclassmen like Travin Dural, Isaiah Ford, and Malachi Dupre.

I'm with you on the top need being a DE for the Bengals. I can also see OL if Zeitler leaves in FA, Bodine struggles again, and Westerman isn't progressing to be a starter. But I'm hoping Zeitler stays and one of Bodine or Westerman becomes a good starting option at C. Last possibility I think for the Bengals in the first round could be LB, as both Rey Maualuga and Vontaze Burfict could hit FA after 2017.

My early semi-realistic hopes are landing one of Demarcus Walker (DE FSU), Reuben Foster (LB Alabama), Raekwon McMillan (LB OSU), or Ethan Pocic (C/OG LSU). A pleasant surprise would be JuJu Smith-Schuster or Mike Williams, but I don't think the Bengals would go WR in the first round after just taking Boyd this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote