Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Draft Redo
To me these are better than pre draft mocks, eliminating the blind guessing of slotting players. You are in charge, you know the prospects will fall the way they did, what would you do differently? I'll go first:

1. Myles Jack - SAM - UCLA
  2. Jonathan Bullard - DE/3T - Florida
  3. Malcolm Mitchell - WR - Georgia
  4. Andrew Billings - NT - Baylor
  5. Christian Westerman - IOL - Arizona State
  6. Mike Thomas - WR - Southern Miss
  7. Kalan Reed - CB - Southern Miss

Reply/Quote
I wouldnt change a thing.
Reply/Quote
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
You do realize the only one you can change and know for sure they are there is the first pick. Once you change one pick you can easily change the whole draft. The draft fell pretty damn good for us. I wouldn't change it.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 02:24 PM)Camdaddy08 Wrote: You do realize the only one you can change and know for sure they are there is the first pick. Once you change one pick you can easily change the whole draft. The draft fell pretty damn good for us. I wouldn't change it.

leave
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 10:59 AM)Beaker Wrote: I wouldnt change a thing.

...sure
Reply/Quote
1. Kevin Dodd DE Clemson
2. Tyler Boyd WR Pittsburgh
3. Javon Hargrave DT South Carolina St.
4. Andrew Billings NT Baylor
5. Christian Westerman OG Arizona St
6. Harlan Miller CB Southeastern Louisiana
7. Scooby Wright III Arizona
Reply/Quote
1. William Jackson III
2. Tyler Boyd
3. Andrew Billings
4. Nick Vigil
5. Christian Westerman
6. Cody Core
7. Clayton Fejedelem
Reply/Quote
I'd trade our 2nd round pick at 55 and our third round pick at 87 to move up 10 spots or so and draft Michael Thomas (because I still don't understand the Vigil pick, so I don't think we need it, and I think the difference between Boyd and Thomas would make it worth trading Vigil).
Reply/Quote
1. William Jackson III
2. Tyler Boyd
3. Nick Vigil
4. Andrew Billings
5. Christian Westerman
6. Michael Thomas
7. Clayton Fejedelem

As the draft was going along, I'd really only change our 6th round pick, because I liked Mike Thomas out of Southern Miss.

Even with hindsight, I still think we got the best player in each round that filled both need and value.

The Nick Vigil pick was one that I thought I was going to change, but looking at the players available, the only real thought would be Joshua Perry or Javon Hargrave.

But we already were going to draft Billings, so Hargrave, although he is more of a pass rusher and Billings is more of a run stopper, was not going to be the pick.

And Perry...it really came down to who the team values and they obviously feel Vigil is a better fit for the team, so I see no need to change that either. Perry is a solid LB that won't change the game much. Think Vincent Rey-ish. Meanwhile, Nick Vigil is a speedy, athletic LB who can come in and defend the pass.

I gave the draft an A+ and I believe each pick was a very good combination of need, value and choice relative to the players selected around them.

I've never agreed with a Bengals draft so much before.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 02:24 PM)Camdaddy08 Wrote: You do realize the only one you can change and know for sure they are there is the first pick. Once you change one pick you can easily change the whole draft. The draft fell pretty damn good for us. I wouldn't change it.

[Image: MV5BMTI1ODkxNzg2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzQ2...SY720_.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1: William Jackson III
2: Shilique Calhoun, DE Michigan St
3: Pharoh Cooper, WR/RS South Carolina
4: Andrew Billings
5: Christian Westerman
6: Mike Thomas, WR Southern Miss
7: Jeremy Cash, SS Duke

Changes in bold.

I went with this because I felt (and still feel) a DE was needed to provide a better pass rush and I have no faith in our current depth DEs to step up. With Dansby being signed as a one-year stopgap, I felt the Bengals could have also waited on getting a LB for a year or try to expand Jeremy Cash's role to be both a SS and nickel LB.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 10:59 AM)Beaker Wrote: I wouldnt change a thing.

+1

Bengals know what they are doing in the draft room.. just trust and wait
Reply/Quote
great draft sitting at 24 and only 7 picks. If Vigil is what they say he is, they slammed this

It will be better next year with 4 comp picks which can now be traded.

Browns may want to draft 5 more receivers next year so we can deal our 6th and 7th comp picks.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 01:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: +1    

Bengals know what they are doing in the draft room.. just trust and wait

I also have faith in the front office, but come on, live a little.  They don't always hit the best pick.

I'd rather have Jason Verrett than Dennard, Leveon Bell over Gio etc.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2016, 11:50 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I also have faith in the front office, but come on, live a little.  They don't always hit the best pick.

I'd rather have Jason Verrett than Dennard, Leveon Bell over Gio etc.

At the time, I preferred Verrett over Dennard and I still feel that way for sure.

At the time, I preferred Gio over Bell but I became more invested in film watching in 2014 than in 2013, obviously I feel the opposite now even though Gio has turned out pretty well himself.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2016, 01:39 AM)Stormborn Wrote: At the time, I preferred Verrett over Dennard and I still feel that way for sure.

At the time, I preferred Gio over Bell but I became more invested in film watching in 2014 than in 2013, obviously I feel the opposite now even though Gio has turned out pretty well himself.

In Bell's final season at MSU, he had put on weight and it affected his lateral movement along with his long speed. I believe he was weighing in the 240 lb range. The NFL draft comparison was LeGarrette Blount. http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/le%27veon-bell?id=2540175

He did well as a rookie in the NFL, but wasn't nearly as explosive as he was the past two seasons. The reason is because back in the 2014 offseason, he dropped ~20 lbs and it paid off.
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014-pittsburgh-steelers-training-camp-news-times-schedule-tickets-updates/2014/7/29/5947519/steelers-rb-leveon-bell-dropped-20-pounds-in-the-offseason

The Bengals needed more of a shifty, smaller back to pair with BJGE at the time, not a straight-line 240+ lb RB that was lacking speed, agility, and vision to make cuts. We had that in BJGE already.

At the time, I didn't think Bell would pan out like he has. He's put in the hard work to improve in his flawed areas, making him arguably the best overall RB out of that draft class.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I would have traded back with Denver and picked up the extra 3rd rounder.

1. Michael Thomas WR
2 Jonathan Bullard DE
3 Malcolm Mitchell WR
3 Tavon Young DB
4 Andrew Billings DT
5 Christian Westerman OL
6 Jalen Mills DB
7 Scooby Wright LB
Reply/Quote
I like what the Bengals did, but I wanted a pass rusher for the right side.   I really liked Matt Judon and Michael Thomas out of So Miss.  Hope I'm wrong and Vigil crushes it, solving our problem of covering TEs and RBs over the middle and Core becomes the reliable deep threat we need to offset the loss of Marvin Jones.

BTW I think the Ravens had a frightening draft...

1. William Jackson III

2. Tyler Boyd
3. Andrew Billings
4. Matt Judon
5. Christian Westerman
6. Michael Thomas
7. Clayton Fejedelem
Reply/Quote